External share with Docker question

Hi,

In my unraid server I've used the Unassigned Devices plugin to create a share to my Synology server.  In Unraid I see this as "/mnt/disks/Diskstation_Media". but id I try to add that to a Sonarr docker container it does now appear.  I can find /mnt but nothing under it.  

I see this fine from my OSX finder but how can I publish this so docker containers can see it.

Thank you

22 hours ago, Squid said:

You need to add another host mapping pointed to that share

Something like /synology mapped to /mnt/disks/...  Then you'll see it under /synology within sonarr

I'm not sure if I'm following you or missing something.  If I want to add series that are on the synology.  In unraid from the console I can navigate to this directory : 

/mnt/disks/Diskstation_Media

But in Sonarr if I want to add a series thats on the synology and add something from the sonology if I navigate to "/mnt" I don't see anything underneath that directory.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Think of a docker as it's own self-contained OS.  Anything external to the container itself has to be passed through to it for security purposes.

This is the same thing as everyone of your containers has a mapping (under Show More Options) that's passing through /mnt/user/appdata/... mapped to /config

When the container looks at /config it is really looking at /mnt/user/appdata/.. on the host

You need to add another path mapping with the host path as /mnt/disks/.... mapped to something like /synology.  Then within Sonarr you tell it to look for additional files within /synology

On 8/31/2019 at 10:20 PM, Squid said:

Think of a docker as it's own self-contained OS.  Anything external to the container itself has to be passed through to it for security purposes.

This is the same thing as everyone of your containers has a mapping (under Show More Options) that's passing through /mnt/user/appdata/... mapped to /config

When the container looks at /config it is really looking at /mnt/user/appdata/.. on the host

You need to add another path mapping with the host path as /mnt/disks/.... mapped to something like /synology.  Then within Sonarr you tell it to look for additional files within /synology

That was wonderful information!  Thank you so much.  I had to go in and add another path to the Docker.  Cool stuff!!

Thanks!!