Spin down seagate 6tb

In the past I’ve had to upgrade the firmware then I can spin down my sas drives.  I’m guessing it’s  just a flag that isn’t set. But I got a much larger drive now for parity and can’t find any new firmware for it.  Does anyone know sas seagate drives and how to allow them to spin down?  The model is ST6000NM0285 and I can’t find any firmware for it.  No matter what I try I can’t get it to spin down. It’s on a m1015 lsa 2008 controller.

I’m wondering if it’s a controller issue.  From the wiki it even says it supports sas spin down on my controller but only mentions 3tb drives

This cards are rebranded LSI 9240-8i cards. They can be cross-flashed with the 9211-8i firmware.

IBM ServeRAID M1015

Intel RS2WC080

Dell Perc H310 dedicated instructions will be included in the wiki later on

Dell Perc H200 dedicated instructions will be included in the wiki later on

Lenovo RAID 500 dedicated instructions will be included in the wiki later on

20.10.1-0037 (APP-2.120.54-1235) / 15-APR-11

Only iMR mode available.

LSI MegaRAID SAS2008 Controller.zip - 5.32 MB (Windows)

Linux Driver: megaraid_sas - supports the LSI SAS1078, SAS1078 GEN2, SAS1079 GEN2, SAS0073 and SAS0071 chipsets. Though is is an old version indeed. (Thanks to "BRiT"s prior post)

unRAID Support: Driver not included at this point.

Drive Spin Down support: YES (UPDATE: Added as of 5.0Beta7)

Drive Temp Readings: YES

3TB Drive Support with this card: YES (UPDATE: 5.0Beta7 added 3TB Drive support)

Update: Convert your LSI MegaRAID controller card with LSI SAS2008 chipset to a Plain SAS2008 controller card (IT or IR mode), will look and feel like a LSI SAS9211-8i, and will be ready to use with unRAID (BIG THANKS to KKM for creating the empty.bin, so you dont need to have to worry about which sbr to obtain and use.)

IBM ServeRAID M1015 (tested successfully)

Intel RS2WC080 (tested successfully)

LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P10).zip - 6.38 MB (DOS, via bootable usb key)

LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P11).zip - 5.87 MB (DOS, via bootable usb key)

LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P20).zip - 4.1 MB (FREEDOS, via bootable usb key)

Please read the __READMEFIRST.txt file so you are clear as to all the steps and why it is important not to skip any steps.

Converting it follows all details in the post above for the LSI SAS2008 chipset (firmware release, support, etc.)