Zabbix Agent (solved, docker instructions here)

Who wants the Zabbix Agent on unRAID?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants the Zabbix Agent on unRAID?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Opinion

This poll is closed to new votes

Understood, just so you are aware the paths are added as RO meaning the container can only see the disks.

I will have a look at removing the disk paths from the XML tomorrow (UK) and will update the support thread providing a guide on how to add disks for monitoring.

Edited by Conmyster
3 hours ago, Conmyster said:

When running  ls /mnt in the docker container terminal you will get all the disks that were added (even ones that are not present in your system)

However Zabbix does not see those as drives and will not monitor them.

That wasn't quite the point. Do those extra drives show up in /mnt at the unraid terminal after the docker is running? Whether or not they show up as drives to Zabbix isn't material to the question asked.

The issue is that if for instance you don't have a /mnt/disk10, when you start the docker with a /mnt/disk10 host path defined it can create /mnt/disk10 on the host, but there isn't an actual disk there, so it ends up being a path in RAM, which looks and acts similar to a real drive to someone perusing the file system on the host unraid.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:55 PM, jonathanm said:

That wasn't quite the point. Do those extra drives show up in /mnt at the unraid terminal after the docker is running? Whether or not they show up as drives to Zabbix isn't material to the question asked.

The issue is that if for instance you don't have a /mnt/disk10, when you start the docker with a /mnt/disk10 host path defined it can create /mnt/disk10 on the host, but there isn't an actual disk there, so it ends up being a path in RAM, which looks and acts similar to a real drive to someone perusing the file system on the host unraid.

Ah so I see now, I ran ls /mnt on my unraid terminal, docker did create /mnt/diskX

I have changed the XML now and users will have to manually add their disks if they would like them to be monitored. In addition I have also added a guide to the support thread to show users how to add a disk for monitoring.

Edit:

This thread can be closed!

Support Thread:

Edited by Conmyster
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...