Couple of CPU Pinning questions

Herdo

I just bought an E3-1275v6 for my Supermicro X11SSM-F, and I've upgraded from a G4400.  That being said, I'm planning on selling this and upgrading to a Ryzen 9 3900x or 3950x depending on how much I wan't to spend when the 3950x launches.

I've got two VMs running currently.  Both are running Ubuntu Server 18.04; one with Wireguard/Deluge and the other with a highly customized Feed the Beast Minecraft server.  Both have 1 CPU and 1 thread (the same pair) as I read I should be keeping the CPU and threads together.  Is this true?

I've noticed in the CPU Pinning settings I can designate the same CPU/thread to two different VMs.  Is this a good or bad idea?  The reason I ask is because Wireguard and Deluge can really hammer those 2 CPUs when they are actively downloading, but that only happens maybe once a day or every other day for 15 - 20 minutes.  I think both the Minecraft server and the Wireguard/Deluge server would greatly benefit from having access to 4 CPUs (2 cores and 2 threads).  Like I said, for 95% of the day it would mostly be the Minecraft server utilizing the CPUs, so I don't think they'll be fighting for resources too much.

Thanks in advance.