Find command using all the CPU

Aric

I noticed recently I am getting spikes in my CPU usage. I use the netdata docker and I can see a definite spike every 3 seconds or so.

Using the TOP command in the terminal I have narrowed it down to the FIND command. It pops up every few seconds and maxes out cpu and the goes away. Everytime it comes back it seems to have a different PID.

Any ideas to help find what is calling this command?

I have excluded all my dockers because netdata can tell me cpu use of every docker and they are all fine. 

It is running with the root userid and the dockers seem to all use nobody

Thanks

I kept on refreshing the process tab under tools and usually nothing is under it but everyonce in awhile find pops up and then is gone. Here is a copy of one of them.

root 32003 31954 0 19:28 ? 00:00:00 /bin/timeout 150 find /mnt/cache/appdata -noleaf

root 32009 32003 65 19:28 ? 00:00:00 find /mnt/cache/appdata -noleaf

root 32146 31953 0 19:28 ? 00:00:00 /bin/timeout 150 find /mnt/disks/agdrive -noleaf

root 32147 32146 0 19:28 ? 00:00:00 find /mnt/disks/agdrive -noleaf

I noticed recently I am getting spikes in my CPU usage. I use the netdata docker and I can see a definite spike every 3 seconds or so.

Using the TOP command in the terminal I have narrowed it down to the FIND command. It pops up every few seconds and maxes out cpu and the goes away. Everytime it comes back it seems to have a different PID.

Any ideas to help find what is calling this command?

I have excluded all my dockers because netdata can tell me cpu use of every docker and they are all fine. 

It is running with the root userid and the dockers seem to all use nobody

Thanks

Dynamix cache dirs. And momentary usage by a background process isn't something to be particularly worried about

Sent from my NSA monitored device

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1