ssh help

yanksno1

Hi, so I'm having trouble ssh'ing into my server. At first I was getting a Host key verification failed. error message, but then deleted my ssh/known_hosts file and got further along but still not fully in. Now when I try to ssh in 2 different things happen when I use both user IDs I created (root and my own) and I still can't get in. For the root user, it looks like my terminal window on my MacBook connects but then kicks me right back out. For my user zach I created, it says the keyboard is unresponsive and it seems like i can't type in my password. Attached a screen shot of it. Any idea's what's going on? 

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 19.07.17 PM.png

Edited by yanksno1

Thanks for the help so far. Well that explains it about trying my other user haha to log in. I'm definitely new at ssh! So now trying the root user, I changed my password on the user to make sure it wasn't that in the system. It kicked me out there, made me log back in so I know it shouldn't be the password right? But now when I try to ssh using the root I get "Permission denied, please try again". Tried looking at my System Log, but didn't see anything obvious. Anything I should look for? Attaching another screen shot just for you guys to look at to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. Hopefully I can get it going.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 19.40.58 PM.png

16 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Thanks for the help so far. Well that explains it about trying my other user haha to log in. I'm definitely new at ssh! So now trying the root user, I changed my password on the user to make sure it wasn't that in the system. It kicked me out there, made me log back in so I know it shouldn't be the password right? But now when I try to ssh using the root I get "Permission denied, please try again". Tried looking at my System Log, but didn't see anything obvious. Anything I should look for? Attaching another screen shot just for you guys to look at to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. Hopefully I can get it going.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 19.40.58 PM.png

Just double checking, were you ever able to ssh onto your unraid machine?

AND

Is the following setting enabled (It is located in Settings > Management Access):

image.png.95edad889f9a26daa9254209aea0761a.png

Edited by Conmyster

Deleted that post by accident. So I'm trying to remove some directories in my /mnt/disk1/ folder. I tried this but it gave me this response: 

root@Tower:~# sudo rm /mnt/disk1/TV

rm: cannot remove '/mnt/disk1/TV': Is a directory

Am I doing anything wrong there? These were folders that were created by the Channels DVR docker that I switched directories to. 

Edited by yanksno1
Channels DVR is a docker, not a plugin
5 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Deleted that post by accident. So I'm trying to remove some directories in my /mnt/disk1/ folder. I tried this but it gave me this response. 

root@Tower:~# sudo rm /mnt/disk1/TV

rm: cannot remove '/mnt/disk1/TV': Is a directory

Am I doing anything wrong there? These were folders that were created by the Channels DVR docker that I switched directories to. 

Okay I see, are you using any kind of user shares? or just disk shares?

I would be careful deleting direct off the disk if user shares are in play as you will only remove the files on that disk.

In any case the correct command would be:

rm -r /mnt/disk1/TV

As you are root you do not need to use sudo and you need the -r toggle to go recursive (ie delete directory, sub-directories and files)

Edited by Conmyster