Passthrough a PS/2 Keyboard/mouse anybody?

C-Fu

Someone tried it and successfully passthrough a ps/2 device! 

I copied the text just as a backup:

I have successfully set up windows 10 using virt-manager but cannot pass through my keyboard. It is a ps/2 type (the purple plug) and I see no options to pass it through. I have googled endlessly but maybe I do not know what to search for. There is literally no documentation for it and I do not want to emulate it to have as little as lag as possible. Thanks in advance!

Edit I am still trying to set this up. Still no luck. I cannot be the only one that uses a PS/2 keyboard right?

Edit 2: I fixed the issue. Here is what you need to do in order to pass a ps/2 keyboard. It works flawlessly for me now. In virt-manager I needed to pass a serial event /dev/input/event0.

First use input-linux in the qemu xml. This is what mine looks like.

<qemu:arg value='-object'/>
<qemu:arg value='input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/event0,grab_all=on,repeat=on'/>

Then in virt-manager go to add hardware, serial device, dev and put in the device (mine was /dev/input/event0) Or in the qemu xml it looks like this:

<serial type='dev'> <source path='/dev/input/event0'/> <target port='0'/> </serial>

To find the eventID, type this in ssh and find the handle for the keyboard (in my case it's event1). So I tried putting the <qemu:arg.../> in the xml, but it didn't work.

Error message:

internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2019-09-06T18:48:59.851051Z qemu-system-x86_64: -object input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/event1,grab_all=on,repeat=on: /dev/input/event1: is not an evdev device

So has anybody successfully tried passing through a ps/2 device?

ps. It's easier to do with USB, I know that, but since I have ps/2 keyboard lying around, and two ps/2 ports not doing anything, why not?

Original source: 

Someone tried it and successfully passthrough a ps/2 device! 

I copied the text just as a backup:

I have successfully set up windows 10 using virt-manager but cannot pass through my keyboard. It is a ps/2 type (the purple plug) and I see no options to pass it through. I have googled endlessly but maybe I do not know what to search for. There is literally no documentation for it and I do not want to emulate it to have as little as lag as possible. Thanks in advance!
Edit I am still trying to set this up. Still no luck. I cannot be the only one that uses a PS/2 keyboard right?
Edit 2: I fixed the issue. Here is what you need to do in order to pass a ps/2 keyboard. It works flawlessly for me now. In virt-manager I needed to pass a serial event /dev/input/event0.
First use input-linux in the qemu xml. This is what mine looks like.

Then in virt-manager go to add hardware, serial device, dev and put in the device (mine was /dev/input/event0) Or in the qemu xml it looks like this:

To find the eventID, type this in ssh and find the handle for the keyboard (in my case it's event1). So I tried putting the in the xml, but it didn't work.

Error message:
internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2019-09-06T18:48:59.851051Z qemu-system-x86_64: -object input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/event1,grab_all=on,repeat=on: /dev/input/event1: is not an evdev device

So has anybody successfully tried passing through a ps/2 device?

ps. It's easier to do with USB, I know that, but since I have ps/2 keyboard lying around, and two ps/2 ports not doing anything, why not?

Original source: 

IMHO, save your hair and spend the $10

Sent from my NSA monitored device

• Haha 1