Good motherboard resource

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=710828

This is a very good and very long report/thread on AVS with a large section on motherboards, with specs and links to many reviews.  Although it is primarily slanted to HTPC use, it is still very useful.  It is primarily Intel-based, but there is some support for AMD boards also.  It starts with a lot of HTPC info (of peripheral interest to many unRAID users), has a lot of educational material, lots of specs and reviews in relation to processors, memory, chipsets, hard drives, etc.  It includes some recommendations and price data on Newegg.  It's a little out-of-date, but I think that's a lost cause.  There's no way a single person can keep a report of this magnitude up-to-date, and keep a job and family.

'Appendix IV List of Bandwidths' is very useful, listing many component bandwidths in MB/sec or GB/sec; very helpful in determining where a speed bottleneck is.

I only recently discovered this resource, others may already have been familiar with it.  I do wish it had a way to search for the boards with the most SATA ports.