Docker tab showing false updates?

Popple2000

Hello all!

So, I recently added a 10TB Parity drive(not sure if that has anything to do with this) and since then, my DOCKER tab when I click "check for updates" shows:

1835674779_2019-09-07(2).thumb.png.11bf628e4213ce9f565255b2aff7231b.png

This looked fairly normal to me since I hadn't updated my containers in a while.

I ran "update all"(same outcome if I try to update individually) and all of the "pulling image" boxes looked like this:

1717666282_2019-09-07(4).png.58ea2209c29c15f5d5251b68ac65e72b.png

0 b pulled every time.(aside from when there actually is an update, as it seems to be updating if one is actually available)

Once I run the updated and it finishes, all of the containers show up to date, but if I run "check for updates" again, they all show as if they need to be updated once again.

Thanks in advance for any help and please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information!

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, ezhik said:

This should fall under a maintenance release as this impacts core functionality.

The official position on this (not mine) is that since real updates do get applied, there is not an urgent issue. They say it's cosmetic only, alerting to updates that aren't there.

Container needs an update? Check, update applied.

Container doesn't need an update? Check, update not applied.

Indication of a needed update that doesn't actually exist, so it does not get applied is not an urgent issue, as all updates are still done as needed.

13 hours ago, jonathanm said:

The official position on this (not mine) is that since real updates do get applied, there is not an urgent issue. They say it's cosmetic only, alerting to updates that aren't there.

Container needs an update? Check, update applied.

Container doesn't need an update? Check, update not applied.

Indication of a needed update that doesn't actually exist, so it does not get applied is not an urgent issue, as all updates are still done as needed.

No argument here. Cosmetics/Convenience category. Low severity.