GTX 1660 TROUBLE

1BADRR

I bought a 1660 for my wifes build today. I dumped the bios and made the .rom file for the VM. When I load the VM up I get an error stating that the GPU shares the IOMMU with something else. Turns out the new cards have two extra functions.

IOMMU group 1:[8086:1901] 00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x16) (rev 07)

[8086:1905] 00:01.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x8) (rev 07)

[10de:1b06] 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP102 [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti] (rev a1)

[10de:10ef] 01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GP102 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)

[10de:2184] 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1660] (rev a1)

[10de:1aeb] 02:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1aeb (rev a1)

[10de:1aec] 02:00.2 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1aec (rev a1)

[10de:1aed] 02:00.3 Serial bus controller [0c80]: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1aed (rev a1)

I read on another forum that I needed too:

stub the USB port and serial bus connected to the card in your systemcfg then add them into your VM... The 1660ti has a built in USB port that gets picked up by unraid and won't let the VM capture the card.

I don't know how to do what he is suggesting. Anyone have any ideas?

If I turn on ACS it loads and runs amazing. (I know thats not a viable long term solution)

Thoughts?

On 5/10/2019 at 8:30 PM, limetech said:

New vfio-bind method.  Since it appears that the xen-pciback/pciback kernel options no longer work, we introduced an alternate method of binding, by ID, selected PCI devices to the vfio-pci driver. This is accomplished by specifying the PCI ID(s) of devices to bind to vfio-pci in the file 'config/vfio-pci.cfg' on the USB flash boot device.  This file should contain a single line that defines the devices:

BIND=<device> <device> ...

Where <device> is a Domain:Bus:Device.Function string, for example,

BIND=02:00.0

Multiple device should be separated with spaces.

The script /usr/local/sbin/vfio-pci is called very early in system start-up, right after the USB flash boot device is
mounted but before any kernel modules (drivers) have been loaded.  The function of the script is to bind each specified device to the vfio-pci driver, which makes them available for assignment to a virtual machine, and also prevents the Linux kernel from automatically binding them to any present host driver.

In addition, and importantly, this script will bind not only the specified device(s), but all other devices in the same IOMMU group as well.  For example, suppose there is an NVIDIA GPU which defines both a VGA device at 02:00.0 and an audio device at 02.00.1.  Specifying a single device (either one) on the BIND line is sufficient to bind both device to vfio-pci.  The implication is that either all devices of an IOMMU group are bound to vfio-pci or none of them are.

• 3 months later...