Replacing cache drive question

ashman70

Did you find these? 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?tab=comments#comment-511923

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-564309

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/36647-official-guide-restoring-your-docker-applications-in-a-new-image-file/

By the way, you might want to use Google rather the forum's search engine.  Use  unraid  as one of the parameters. 

I don't have any experience with doing this but my thought would be.  What do you have to lose by trying the copy?  If it does not work properly, just delete the file and rebuilt it.  (I did replace my HD cache drive with an SSD cache but I can't remember if I had any Dockers at that time.  I did not have a significant problem or I would have remembered.)    

The normal accepted way to do this, and the reason the docker image isn't copied normally, is to create a new docker image in the settings, then go to Apps, Previous Apps, check off all the ones you want reinstalled, then hit Install Selected Applications. Takes very little of your time, a few minutes downloading, and everything is back the way it was before.

This also clears out any built up junk in the docker image file, and is the normal way of recovering from a badly misconfigured container, or just as a general tidying up.

I have been following the 'Replace a cache drive' article. I am not sure where I went wrong. I reinstalled all my docker apps, I thought I had the settings documented in screen shots but I could not find them. I managed to get everything working, the only issue is Plex, says none my media is available. The paths to the media remain unchanged and are correct, but it claims the media is not there. I had to remove and re add my tv show library which is it currently rescanning and will have to do the same for my movie library, this is big pain in the @$$. Other than Plex, my other dockers are working jut fine.

22 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

The paths to the media remain unchanged

Something somewhere has to be different.  Hard to say.

22 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

I thought I had the settings documented in screen shots but I could not find them

All you had to have done was

7 hours ago, jonathanm said:

go to Apps, Previous Apps, check off all the ones you want reinstalled, then hit Install Selected Applications.

And everything would have been the exact same as before.