Docker container strangeness

jfrancais

Recently I've started to have issues with the sabnzdb container not working.  It seemed that shortly after startup I was no longer able to communicate with it.  If I shelled in to the container, everything looked normal, I could communicate from the shell with the entire network as expected.

When I looked in my logs I was seeing this repeating every 10 seconds:

Sep 10 08:39:58 Gobo nginx: 2019/09/10 08:39:58 [crit] 7367#7367: *5199919 connect() to unix:/var/tmp/sabnzbd.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.1.18, server: , request: "GET /dockerterminal/sabnzbd/ws HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://unix:/var/tmp/sabnzbd.sock:/ws", host: "REPLACED"

This occurs even when the container it stopped.  I tried installing a different version of this and had the exact same issue.  I don't think it is related to the container itself.  Can anyone assist?

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

You'd want to post the full diagnostics.  But OTOH, it would appear that the reason for that repeating error is that you've opened a terminal window to the container and left it open

OK, that gets rid of the messaging.  Was open during my troubleshooting so that makes sense.  I have switched it to bridge networking and will run it that way for a while to see if it fixes the issue.  It was running as custom on br1

OK, when I switched the container to bridge networking everything ran fan.  When it was set to br1 with an ip, the container runs fine at first but not long after I can no longer communicate with the docker container.  

I have two nics in place (br0 and br1) that I set up to get around the macvlan communication restriction.  It had been working fine for quite some time.  Other containers set up this way have no communication issues.

gobo-diagnostics-20190911-1808.zip