Unraid Does Not Boot

Tobiasp

Hello,

I have a problem with my Unraid server. After a restart it doesn't boot anymore and gets stuck at a certain place. I have attached the error and the memtest as an image.

Hallo,

Ich habe ein Problem mit meinem Unraid Server. Nach einem Neustart Bootet dieser nicht mehr und bleibt an einer BEstimmten Stelle hängen. Ich habe den Fehler und den Memtest als Bild angehängt.

Server Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
4TB Seagate HDD
Asus Prime X370-Pro AMD X370 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail

The server has been running for 58 days without any problems. Some dockers like Nextcloud, Gameserver etc. were running on it. What could be the reason?

20190911_151722.jpg

20190911_152203.jpg

2 minutes ago, Benson said:

Confirm memory test pass first. Use 1 stick and try different slot.

Rule out which cause problem.

I have already reinstalled Unraid, also on another Usb Stick. The Memtest always comes to the same result. Unfortunately I can't do anything with it. Other error sources can be excluded. The server worked great until the reboot.

9 minutes ago, Tobiasp said:

Unfortunately I can't do anything with it.

Why ? Just insert one module and try memtest.

I use same mainboard for 2yrs+, have one memory stick fail case and then no problem in general.

Pls also note, you have a 2nd gen Ryzen, pls check BIOS verson too.

Edited by Benson
11 minutes ago, Benson said:

Why ? Just insert one module and try memtest.

I use same mainboard for yrs+, have one memory stick fail case and rhen no problem in general.

Time is not running out and never more than 32M are tested. Even after several minutes (30) nothing changes.

I tested both modules individually with the same result:

20190911_152203-min(1).jpg

Edited by Tobiasp
2 minutes ago, Benson said:

You means error halt immediately ? Then I suspect it is BIOS ver not update. What version currently ?

Bios version 4207 of 8.12.2018. But why should that be a problem now? The server has been running 58 days in a row before that and also before that it has been running and successfully restarted.

If machine just not work anymore, then you need rule out the cause. By observe, this is hardware fault and you need try and error to found out what cause this. It still look like a memory problem or could you check voltage, temperature in BIOS monitoring page.

What is current memory running speed, could you try slow down it and test again.

Edited by Benson
1 hour ago, Tobiasp said:

I already copied the files to the new stick. now Unraid is available at http://Tower and http://Server at the same time, but no configuration was taken over.

Copy the complete config folder from your backup to the new flash drive, replacing the config folder already there, and reboot.