I am not able to pull any docker container

Hello

I didnt want to open a thread about this but I'm getting mad trying to resolve it, more than a day reading the forum faq and other external forums.

I installed Unraid a couple of days ago, it is on trial mode, I've not purchased it yet, but I think that's not the problem.

My Unraid can't pull any docker image from Community Applications (I can install plugins)

Neither from terminal (docker pull hello-world)

I know what you are telling me...'"Change DNS to 8.8.8.8"", I already did on Unraid, on my router... Same error result, but instead 1.1.1.1:53 it says 8.8.8.8:53

I thought maybe it's not my network, so I tried docker on a windows desktop, and it was working in less than 20 minutes, then I thought maybe it's a problem with the server itself, so I run a debian vm, I installed docker and it was working ok.

So I'm missing something and I don't know what.

I tried Unraid 6.7.2 and 6.7.3rc2, same result.

I don't know what else to do.

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-11 a las 15.42.47.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-11 a las 15.44.28.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-11 a las 15.45.13.png

caronte-diagnostics-20190911-1356.zip

I figured it out by myself... and I think I found some kind of bug on how Unraid manages NIC's.

I just disabled secundary on board interface in the BIOS (My motherboard has 2 Gigabit on board), I did a reboot and voila. it's working

I don't know really why, but I think, it is related to this:

DOCKER_ENABLED="yes"
DOCKER_IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/cache/docker.img"
DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="25"
DOCKER_APP_CONFIG_PATH="/mnt/cache/appdata"
DOCKER_APP_UNRAID_PATH=""
DOCKER_CUSTOM_NETWORKS="eth1 "
DOCKER_LOG_ROTATION="yes"
DOCKER_LOG_SIZE="50m"
DOCKER_LOG_FILES="2"
DOCKER_AUTHORING_MODE="no"
DOCKER_USER_NETWORKS="remove"
DOCKER_DHCP_BR0="192.168.1.128/25"

That's my docker.cfg. Look at line 6:

DOCKER_CUSTOM_NETWORKS="eth1 "

With bonding enabled it was blank (it wasn't able to pull any data neither) and it filled itself with that value at the moment I disabled bonding, but it wasn't working, then I noticed that Unraid manages physical interfaces as eth0, eth1... Maybe that parameter was in conflict with my secundary NIC...

So I think that there is a bug related to that, maybe Unraid is not prepared properly to handle multiple NIC's and docker...

I would like to use the secundary NIC in a future, maybe I should experiment with that parameter, maybe setting it to eth2 does the trick.

I expect this info is useful to someone. Unraid doesn't like dual NIC 😜

Now I will keep testing the system, I like pretty much all till now. I'll probably buy one license when trial mode ends.

Edited by magonzalez112
6 minutes ago, magonzalez112 said:

So I think that there is a bug related to that, maybe Unraid is not prepared properly to handle multiple NIC's and docker...

Unraid can handle many NICs. My server has 7 NICs and several interfaces are dedicated to Docker. Other interfaces to VMs.

When a (new) interface is discovered upon start up, it will made available to Docker, but this needs to be configured in Network Settings and Docker Settings.

Perhaps you had something configured wrongly in either network or docker settings (after bonding was disabled).