Trying to migrate from 720xd to 730xd - Too many wrong and/or missing disks

joeloooiz

Hello all,

I am trying to migrate from a 720xd to a 730xd. Luckily so far I've only conducted test runs with a my second 720xd, not the one with my real live data as I've been wholly unsuccessful in getting things to work right.

From what I've read I should be able to simply remove the disks, place them into the new server, assign them to the same disk numbers and start the array. I am able to assign the disks back to the proper disk number (based on serial number) but I can't start the array because it tells me I've got "Too many wrong and/or missing disks." 

The disks are all accounted for (two cache devices included), each is mapped back to the correct spot yet I am unable to start the array. 

I'm preparing for a full scale upgrade of an in-production 720xd so any assistance I can get would be greatly appreciated!

Disks.JPG

Error.JPG

It looks like your new server is reporting each drive with extra information in the identification string hence unRAID is seeing a mismatch.

if you don't mind losing and rebuilding parity do a new config and assign all the disks into appropriate slots. Start the array and rebuild parity.

• 5 months later...