HDDs get dropped from the array

Dr_Cox1911

Greetings all,

I currently have the problem that some of my HDDs get dropped from the array and are listed in unassigend devices.

I thought it might be a SATA-cable problem at first and changed the cables of these HDDs, but the got dropped again.

I attached the diagnostics and hope that you guys can shed some light on this. I'm rather  scared that my server is dying on me😰

UPDATE:

So I just checked my array devices list and the devices are still listed there but also in unassigned list?

I attached two screenshots, in those the dropped disks are listed in the array devices list but also in the unassigned devices list with different device identifications (sdX).

sirbear-diagnostics-20190912-0821.zip

array_devices.png

unassigned_devices.png

Edited by Dr_Cox1911
Update about HDDs still in array?
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for reanimating this old thread of mine, but my Server is doing it again.

The same to disks got dropped from the array and Unraid states, that the WD-WCC4E3RD042A has read errors.

So I guess the mainboard is finally dying?

Do you guys suggest just buying an HBA (like the Adaptec RAID 8405 4 Port PCIe 3.0 x8) or should I completely scrap the board and buy a whole new system?

Or are acutally the drives the issue here?

Edited by Dr_Cox1911

Ok, so looks like I borked the extended SMART test.

I did start it approx. 24 hours ago and waited till it said 10% completed. I then closed my Browser and shut down my PC (not the Unraid Server) and as I logged back in today and looked on the specific drive there are no self-tests logged on the drive. I set the spindown to never so that the test won't get interrupted by it.

I attached the diags from just now, but I couldn't find anything in the system log itself that hints to the disapperence of the test.

sirbear-diagnostics-20191106-2035.zip