Disable SMART alerts for specific drives

shovenose

I have four Crucial BX500 SSDs in RAID0 as a cache drive on my 6.7.2 Unraid server. These drives are known to report high temps after some heavy usage, even when SSD temperature is actually safe and the SSD is receiving sufficient cooling since there is no heatsinking or thermal pads between the controller and the plastic SSD chassis. This causes all sorts of SMART alerts and makes Unraid think the drive is overheating. How can I disable SMART alerts for my four SSDs? Thanks.

Just now, johnnie.black said:

Yes, that's a different matter, it's a firmware bug on those SSDs that if temp>50C then SMART fail now for that attribute, that's not an Unraid problem.

OK, so how can I disable smart monitoring for this attribute then :) I knew I should have bought Kingston A400 instead of Crucial BX500 :/

Edited by shovenose

I don't think you can, even if you set temp threshold to 0 so it doesn't get monitored by Unraid you'll still receive the SMART failing now notification every time temps goes above 50C, that issue should be fixed by Crucial with a firmware update, but if they take as long as with the MX500 issue you're out of luck.

Edited by johnnie.black
Just now, johnnie.black said:

I don't think you can, even if you set temp threshold to 0 so it doesn't get monitored by Unraid you'll still receive the SMART failing now notification every time temps goes above 50C.

OK Thanks if there really is no solution I will just ignore the alerts. I only see them when I log in to the web admin anyway since I don't have email alerts or anything set up.