[Support] binhex - Preclear

binhex

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Seems more like a Flash problem. 

Or maybe a browser problem. Do you have multiple browsers or tabs accessing your server?

I'm not sure but I don't think this docker can actually have an effect on the webUI since it just opens a console inside the container.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue as reported above. Someone should really mark this plugin as broken! Has anyone figured out how to reverse this install issue?

What I see on my webui (even in safe mode!)

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg): failed to open stream: Success in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Wrappers.php on line 22

Warning: array_replace_recursive(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, bool given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Wrappers.php on line 22

Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 21

18 minutes ago, mldkfa said:

I am having the same issue as reported above. Someone should really mark this plugin as broken! Has anyone figured out how to reverse this install issue?

What I see on my webui (even in safe mode!)

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg): failed to open stream: Success in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Wrappers.php on line 22

Warning: array_replace_recursive(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, bool given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Wrappers.php on line 22

Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 21

this docker image isnt broken per say, its related to the fact there is no dynamix configuration file due to no changes to web ui settings, link to the issue as posted by another user and resolution:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/91163-solved-webui-is-messed-up/?do=findComment&comment=853465

i will check in the change to the template now, which should prevent this from happening in the future (volume maps folder not file) - see my last comment.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, binhex said:

this docker image isnt broken per say, its related to the fact there is no dynamix configuration file due to no changes to web ui settings, link to the issue as posted by another user and resolution:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/91163-solved-webui-is-messed-up/?do=findComment&comment=853465

i will check in the change to the template now, which should prevent this from happening in the future (volume maps folder not file) - see my last comment.

Thank you!!!! This worked!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I am using this docker for the first time to preclear an 8TB disk prior to shucking it, so its currently pre clearing via USB. Once it has competed do I just immediately unplug the USB and then close down the docker, or is there no specific order of operations required?

I am using this docker for the first time to preclear an 8TB disk prior to shucking it, so its currently pre clearing via USB. Once it has competed do I just immediately unplug the USB and then close down the docker, or is there no specific order of operations required?

It shouldn't matter too much but I would go with the order of, turn off container and then disconnect USB.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I looked in the faq's but did not see my question.

I have multiple unraid systems running on R710 and R510 machines. Can I preclear a drive on my local R710 and transport it to my remote R510 and installit "without Preclearing again"?

I thought that I read somewhere in the past that the preclear info is on the drive not the system but I am not sure.

Chas

• 1 month later...

DISREGARD. I THINK THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE UNASSIGNED DEVICES PLUGIN.

I've been running a preclear on two drives at the same time, one that is on a LSI card that is new to me and the drive on it disappeared from the unassigned devices list on the main tab of unraid midway through the test, but still finished fine and still shows up when you use the "-l" command, and will confirm the preclear finished when you run the "-t" command. The other drive is still going (must slower it seems, though they are both the same model) and is still listed, connected to the motherboard intel controller. I posted about this in the main unraid support forum, as I don't expect this is a preclear issue, but in case it is, thought I'd mention it here - not sure if that LSI card is suspect or what... here is that post.

Edit: I note that the "-t" which confirms it was precleared is states the size as "2T" in the table it spits out - I can't test against the other drive right now to see if that is normal, for anything 2TB+ or if that is unexpected.

Edited by aqua

Just wanted to report that I was able to pre-clear two Seagate ST10000NM0086 drives at the same time. It took 48h15m each with the -f option.
My CPU (Intel Core i3 9100 on an Asus WS C246M Pro/SE and 16GB of ECC DDR4 2400) was constantly at 100% during the writing process.

Anyway, good work!

• Like 1

How would you consider a drive like this?
image.png.6ef5f31740b42c253218613468e49ba3.png

I mean, there were pending sectors at the start, but then they recovered.. I got those pending sector with the old PSU (a very cheap VS350 from Corsair) and the sata cables all bundled together.. now I'm using a much more respectable RM750i and I've also separated the sata cables to prevent crosstalk.. 

Maybe I'd do another 3 cycles just to be sure...

1 hour ago, Blaz0r said:

How would you consider a drive like this?
image.png.6ef5f31740b42c253218613468e49ba3.png

I mean, there were pending sectors at the start, but then they recovered.. I got those pending sector with the old PSU (a very cheap VS350 from Corsair) and the sata cables all bundled together.. now I'm using a much more respectable RM750i and I've also separated the sata cables to prevent crosstalk.. 

Maybe I'd do another 3 cycles just to be sure...

your pending sector count went up during pre-read, thats never a good sign, personally i wouldnt put this disk in my array (none of my disks have previously had or have pending sectors), but the choice is yours.

btw bad cabling and a cheap psu should not cause pending sectors, that is more to do with 'crc error count'.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, binhex said:

OK email notification looks good, so the image is currently building, once its ready please pull down. if you want to use email notification then you will need to add in the following additional volume mounts (new users AFTER 2nd Oct 2019 will NOT have to do this), please copy the host and container paths EXACTLY as they are in the screenshots below:-

image.png.18d46f24f24b917a4c96e1d6bc28f0c0.png

and also another additional volume mount:-

image.png.3f58d02ed5d07f0cac0085ee91b70d13.png

then run the preclear script with the -M option to get notification of progress via email.

NOTE as long as you have setup email notification on unraid then you will NOT need to specify any email configuration or recipient email address(es).

@binhex

I seldom have new disks to preclear anymore so it's taken me a while to test the email function you added. Tried to modify my install of the docker as you posted in the quote but it appears the paths have changed (Host Path 6 is currently /unraid/config/plugins/dynamix:/boot/config/plugins/dynamix). I got around this by just removing the docker and appdata and doing a fresh install. Just thought you might want to edit this post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you discuss flags?.

From the documentation:

Note:- The -f flag performs the 'faster' preclear, as enhanced by forum member 'bjp999' and is optional.

However, I noticed in this Preclear plugin thread by gfjardim. in his Q&A, he mentions:

Q) By default, I see a "gfjardim" script always available. Why?

A) Since I'm not authorized to redistribute Joe L. script and the recent slow support by the author, I decided a major code rewrite in the script was needed. The new script is being actively supported, compatible with unRAID notifications, is faster than bjp999 script and has a cleaner output so users can easily visualizes what's going on with their disks.

So, as a confused eternal noob, should I be using the -f flag or not?

Can you discuss flags?.

From the documentation:
Note:- The -f flag performs the 'faster' preclear, as enhanced by forum member 'bjp999' and is optional.
However, I noticed in this Preclear plugin thread by gfjardim. in his Q&A, he mentions:
Q) By default, I see a "gfjardim" script always available. Why?
A) Since I'm not authorized to redistribute Joe L. script and the recent slow support by the author, I decided a major code rewrite in the script was needed. The new script is being actively supported, compatible with unRAID notifications, is faster than bjp999 script and has a cleaner output so users can easily visualizes what's going on with their disks.

So, as a confused eternal noob, should I be using the -f flag or not?
Yes you should be using the -f flag as this docker image uses the the older style script as opposed to the preclear plug-in which uses a newer version of the script. I could update to the new script used in the preclear plug-in but it would need some extensive testing

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, binhex said:

Yes you should be using the -f flag as this docker image uses the the older style script as opposed to the preclear plug-in which uses a newer version of the script. I could update to the new script used in the preclear plug-in but it would need some extensive testing

OK, thanks very much.  I appreciate all of your hard work

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note for anyone using CA app data/backup running. Somehow (even though I read the FAQ), I forgot to turn this off and the zeroing was interrupted. Anyway, there’s a toggle in this plugin to keep the docker running in case your backup falls during a preclear.

One question I have is the disk I was preclearing made it to zeroing. If I had any errors during the read how would I know? The emails I got didn’t indicate anything. I’ll probably just run it again but was curious?

2 minutes ago, betaman said:

Just a quick note for anyone using CA app data/backup running. Somehow (even though I read the FAQ), I forgot to turn this off and the zeroing was interrupted. Anyway, there’s a toggle in this plugin to keep the docker running in case your backup falls during a preclear.

tbh i would exclude this container from backup completely, the only data this docker produces is preclear reports, and imho these are hardly critical, but the choice is yours.

4 minutes ago, betaman said:

One question I have is the disk I was preclearing made it to zeroing. If I had any errors during the read how would I know? The emails I got didn’t indicate anything. I’ll probably just run it again but was curious?

you will get a full report at the end of the pre-clear process, this will identify if the drive has passed or not.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:30 AM, binhex said:

tbh i would exclude this container from backup completely, the only data this docker produces is preclear reports, and imho these are hardly critical, but the choice is yours.

yeah, my issue was I deselected this container for backup but didn't exxlude it from being shutdown during the backup

On 12/16/2020 at 7:30 AM, binhex said:

you will get a full report at the end of the pre-clear process, this will identify if the drive has passed or not.

I meant once the precelar process was interrupted. it was already zeroing but the info on the pre-read was scarce.

On 10/22/2020 at 12:01 PM, cinereus said:

I am getting the following when trying to start the Docker:

Execution error

Server error

On 10/23/2020 at 7:39 AM, Squid said:

Edit the container, make a change anywhere, then undo that change and hit apply.  The docker run command will appear that will tell you exactly why that's coming up.

I, too, am getting that error. I made a change to the config, undid the change, then hit Apply. Here's what it's telling me:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-preclear' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'WEBPAGE_TITLE'='Preclear' -e 'VNC_PASSWORD'='' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='0' -e 'PGID'='0' -p '6080:6080/tcp' -v '/boot/config/disk.cfg':'/unraid/config/disk.cfg':'ro' -v '/boot/config/super.dat':'/unraid/config/super.dat':'ro' -v '/var/local/emhttp/disks.ini':'/unraid/emhttp/disks.ini':'ro' -v '/usr/local/sbin/mdcmd':'/unraid/mdcmd':'ro' -v '/dev/disk/by-id':'/unraid/disk/by-id':'ro' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-preclear':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-preclear'

20695879e2e6b63b4345067e4cb215f0a0ecdd76d103c7510e215a1bb92c4311
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-preclear (cec6aaf9c6ccd771777e2f6eaf09640fe4eecfff58e1ae3b3300f231bd42c4ec): Bind for 0.0.0.0:6080 failed: port is already allocated.

The command failed.

I'm up for any pointers, as I've a new 8TB drive I'm itching to throw into the array. :)

I have CA set to automatically update all docker containers, and I tried to force an update, so I'm pretty sure I've got whatever the latest version of the docker container is. Since there's no real configuration to worry about, I'm happy to uninstall/reinstall if that's recommended.