Grouping of Dockers

Ability to group Docker Containers

So that

• I can start or stop them all at once - my primary desire
    • ex: When working with media content, I may want to open a download docker, file renamer, file manager, ...
    • ex: Maybe I'm testing some things working together and want to keep them together
  • <maybe but not too important> so that I can update them all at once
  • <maybe but not too important> so that I can clean up a large list of dockers
Edited by Tomahawk51
completed a thought
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Tomahawk51 said:

Ability to group Docker Containers

So that

• I can start or stop them all at once - my primary desire
    • ex: When working with media content, I may want to open a download docker, file renamer, file manager, ...
    • ex: Maybe I'm testing some things working together and want to keep them together
  • <maybe but not too important> so that I can update them all at once
  • <maybe but not too important> 

A GUI function for this would be great, I would definitely use it, specifically to help with start and stop routines. I have certain groups of containers that are dependent on others.

However, for right now, it's easy to set groups up manually using scripts, which can be handily dealt with in the user scripts plugin.

Here's a ferintstance. You could save this as a script to start a media gather operation. Save another script substituting docker stop <container> to shut them all down again with one click. If you really want to get fancy, you can link a script to an icon in your OS, by using plink.

Here's a windows command to launch a script saved in the user scripts plugin in your unraid. Assumes you have putty installed.

c:\<path to putty>\plink -pw <password> root@<unraid ip> /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/<nameofscript>/script

#!/bin/bash
docker start binhex-nzbget
docker start binhex-delugevpn
sleep 30
docker start binhex-sonarr
docker start binhex-radarr

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...