VM startup order?

Ancan

Not in the GUI that I'm aware of. It's easy to script though. The way I handle it is autostart the primary services VM, and run a script on array start that pings the primary services VM, and when it's responsive to pings the script runs "virsh start vmname" for the subsequent VM's. You can add delays or dependencies to your hearts content in the script.

47 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Not in the GUI that I'm aware of. It's easy to script though. The way I handle it is autostart the primary services VM, and run a script on array start that pings the primary services VM, and when it's responsive to pings the script runs "virsh start vmname" for the subsequent VM's. You can add delays or dependencies to your hearts content in the script.

Thanks! I'll look into that.

I think it would be  a useful feature to have this in the GUI. Perhaps I'll post it as a suggestion if not already done.

6 hours ago, Ancan said:

Thanks! I'll look into that.

I think it would be  a useful feature to have this in the GUI. Perhaps I'll post it as a suggestion if not already done.

I wonder if it might be relatively easy to do the same as is done with docker containers where you can reorder them in the GUI and (optionally) add a delay after starting one VM before attempting the next one.