Parity drive dropping / BTRFS Errors

Raah1911

Hi Team,

Getting some really frustrating disk dropping errors lately.

I am using a cache pool which was dropping connectivity so I replaced to a cheap but new PCIE sata controller. (didn't have any issues for a long time with previous one).

Now, It seems that when using a new VM, I get massive failures. (sometimes when starting a new VM, sometimes when rebooting it). All hell breaks loose.

BTRFS errors,  Parity drive disabling.. All kinds of shenanigans. The rebuild usually works fine but takes ~24 hours to do, and i've done this maybe 7-8 times in the last few months.

Most of my drives are XFS, but one is BTRFS. Cache pool is BTRFS. 

I'm looking to replace the BTRFS drive with XFS very soon to move data, and then format it to XFS.

Thank you for any support you can provide.

tower-diagnostics-20190916-1933.zip

28 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Did the SATA controller you got use a Marvel chipset?    Just asking as Marvel based controllers seem to be problematical with the latest Unraid release and one of the symptoms is randomly dropping drives.    I think it is something to do with the support in Linux for Marvel not being ideal.

Marvell 88SE9215 :(

Yah this sounds like an issue. Is there a workaround or recommend cheaper sata controller?