i just dont know what to do

gavin_UK

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Format is a write operation. It writes an empty filesystem to the disk. Unraid treats that write operation just as it does any other write operation, it updates parity. So after formatting a disk in the parity array, parity agrees the disk has an empty filesystem.

so what would be the best way after ive done a parity rebuild onto the 1st parity disk

should i then replace my disk 1 and rebuild that

and as for disk 7 should i

Stop the array

unassign the drive

start the array to commit the current assignments (and ‘forget’ the drive just unassigned)

Stop the array

assign the drive

start the array to rebuild the drive

can i just say thank you guys for all your help with this im just panicking about losing my data

as i was in the process of upload my most important files to the cloud

Edited by gavin_UK
forgot things
4 minutes ago, gavin_UK said:

so what would be the best way after ive done a parity rebuild onto the 1st parity disk

should i then replace my disk 1 and rebuild that

and as for disk 7 should i

Stop the array

unassign the drive

start the array to commit the current assignments (and ‘forget’ the drive just unassigned)

Stop the array

assign the drive

start the array to rebuild the drive

Sounds right. johnnie.black suggested rebuilding the other disks first, then rebuilding disk7 to see if that would fix the partition.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

This error means the partition is the problem, not the filesystem, i.e., the partition doesn't conform to Unraid standard, which is quite strange if it was working before, rebuilding the disk would re-create the partition and keep the data (assuming parity is valid), but I wouldn't try that before fixing the other disabled disks.