dlandon

[support] Zoneminder - 1.33 (in development - for testing only)

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

I've built a docker that installs Zoneminder 1.33 from the master repository.  The repository contains snap shot builds while 1.33 is in development.  Don't install this docker in a production environment.  It is for testing.  I will only offer support for the docker properly installing the hook files.

I've been working with the Zoneminder event server developer to properly install the event server and the machine learning modules (hook processing).  This docker installs all the files needed for hook processing.  All you need to do is to configure Zoneminder and hook processing using the ini files.

You can install this docker using the existing Zoneminder docker template.  Change the repository to dlandon/zoneminder.master.  Remove the 1.32 Zoneminder docker and then install the master docker.  Remove the appdata/Zoneminder/hook folder and let the docker set up the files for you.

What I am really interested in is someone to install this version and verify that the event server and hook processing is working properly and all modules are installed and working properly.

Nice initiative with this docker. One question though, is hwaccel for nvidia Cuda support included in this docker. If I remember right, IcOn had merged that into master branch? Anything you know? Would be nice to test that feature.

1 hour ago, Sic79 said:

Nice initiative with this docker. One question though, is hwaccel for nvidia Cuda support included in this docker. If I remember right, IcOn had merged that into master branch? Anything you know? Would be nice to test that feature.

Don't know.  I don't follow the development that closely.

Don't know.  I don't follow the development that closely.

Ok, will try this when I have time.

It is now installed and running with ES + Yolo on my server, lets hope it is stable as 1.32 :). I have not tried face recognition yet, and don´t know if I will beacuse all my cameras is mounted high up and might not be able to recognise face at that angle.

@dlandon I tried to activate hwaccel but I see the following in the log:

"zmc_m1        5424    WAR    HWAccel support not compiled in.    zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp    538"

Is that something that you could include in your compile?

1 hour ago, Sic79 said:

@dlandon I tried to activate hwaccel but I see the following in the log:

"zmc_m1        5424    WAR    HWAccel support not compiled in.    zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp    538"

Is that something that you could include in your compile?

I don't compile ZM.C  You'll need to ask the zoneminder devs to do it.

Ok. Thanks for answering, will do that :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I dont know if you saw it in the Zoneminder Slack channel but you got build instructions from Icon on how to include hwaccel support.

“@Dan Landon In order to build in hwaccel code in zoneminder, cmake must be able to detect /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavutil/hwcontext.h . This file is in libavutil-dev”

@dlandon

On 11/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, Sic79 said:

I dont know if you saw it in the Zoneminder Slack channel but you got build instructions from Icon on how to include hwaccel support.

“@Dan Landon In order to build in hwaccel code in zoneminder, cmake must be able to detect /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavutil/hwcontext.h . This file is in libavutil-dev”

@dlandon I saw that you did some changes on your github according to hwaccel but I did not see any difference when I updated my ZM docker so I just wonder if it is implented or are still working on it?

12 minutes ago, Sic79 said:

@dlandon

@dlandon I saw that you did some changes on your github according to hwaccel but I did not see any difference when I updated my ZM docker so I just wonder if it is implented or are still working on it?

It should work.

It should work.

Hm wierd, I updated on Saturday when I saw your git. I could try again and see then, saw that there was a updated zmeventserver. I’ll report back when I have tested.

Thanks

It should work.

Yes, it seems to work. I see no errors about hwaccel in my logs now.

Thanks

Edit: Doesn’t seem to lower my CPU usage though. Well, I’ll try some more