SuperMicro Chassis ID - CSE-836BE16-R920B

dabl

Can anyone please confirm/deny this listing for a SuperMicro CSE-836BE16-R920B looks to be the real thing with the 920W SQ power supplies and the option of adding two hot-swap 2.5" hard disk drives accessible from the rear of the chassis using the MCP-220-83605-0N kit?

I've seen comments saying that when one sees the grounding lug on the panel below the power supplies in the seller's picture that indicates it is not in fact a B chassis.

I also noticed the manual that covers all the 836 models shows a cable routing port near the power supply for the B chassis that doesn't seem to be present in the seller's pics. I have an inquiry into the seller.

836B route cables.PNG

Edited by dabl
On 9/22/2019 at 8:56 PM, directo said:

Did you go ahead with this chassis?  Any reason you picked this one over the 4U 24 bay models?

I did.  I definitely looked at the available SuperMicro 4U 24 bay models on ebay at the time and didn't find one that seemed to be a match but if I had I would have certainly considered it.  One of the big draws of the one I picked is the quiet power supplies.  I have an existing 3U SuperMicro chassis so was used to that and now I'm thinking of making that one an off site backup to the new one.  There's a part of me that hopes I won't regret getting a 4U with more drives though.

Edited by dabl