GIT on Unraid

Hi,

I keep digging on the internet and I cannot find anyone that was able to install git on unraid. Maybe I am not searching for the right keywords. Anyway, does anyone have any experience in the matter and would be kind to share it with me? I tend to script almost every process that I do on any of my linux box. And I store all that on my gitlab server. Now I am looking for a way to get GIT installed on my unraid box that I use to backup my stuff and host a secondary Plex server for family usage.

Right now I manually do a copy and paste of all the files that I want to backup. But doing my backup this way is quite tedious as you can imagine. Since my main storage server uses freeNAS, my options for file sync with unraid are quite limited. So I wrote a script that mounts the SMB share with cifs and then backup the share using rsync. Now I transfered the script using scp for now since I can’t figure out how to install git. But I would rather use git in the future because it makes it much easier to backup and maintain scripts.

Anyway any help will be much appreciated.

Regards