no internet to unraid but internet in vm?

me160

my unraid version is 6.7.2 i have nextcloud, mariadb, letsencrypt, minidlna(not actualy used but installed) and sonarr(in process of setting up, not in use either) installed as dockers, and for plugins i have Comunity applications, dynamix fan, dynamix LMB, and dynamix sys. temp.

i recently switched my nas from freenas to unraid and setup a nextcloud docker with mariadb and letsencrypt, got it all working fine fast forward a week and Shaw (my isp) gives me their new router (for those who care its the bluecurve router) i got it all setup got internet on everything in my network with some trouble, my old private network was 192.168.0.* and the new one was 10.0.0.* but after dealing with that and getting all my ip's sorted out i found out i couldn't access my nextcloud from my computer, my phone or through the web gui out of unraid (the one thats supposed to use the local ip not my external ip/address) then i found out unraid couldn't connect to the internet and the CA couldn't load any apps. after a weekend of fighting with the bluecurve router with port forwarding and such i go to see if any of my docker container have updates and unraid says they do but cant download them and the CA still cant connect to its server to pull apps from, then i see if my windows vm inside unraid works and find out that it has internet access but the rest of unraid does not....how does this happen? and can someone please help me?

here are my diagnostics too

otfgserver-diagnostics-20190918-0356.zip

my unraid servers current ip is 192.168.1.3 and thats because i got fedup with shaws router and just started going through my own using its dhcp server essentialy using it to convert the 10.0.0.x network from the shaw router back to my 192.168.1.x network so atleast my lan network still functions and i can access my shares while i deal with shaw and geting my modem to work properly. and i have the static ip set as static in both my router and in uraid so it shouldnt ever change

Just now, trurl said:

When I had a similar setup, I put my internal router in the DMZ of the router facing the internet. Then everything just went directly through to the internal router and I only had to deal with configuring the internal router and its firewall.

yea thats what im trying to get working, unfourtunatly shaws new bluecurve router doesnt actualy allow this and its port forwarding rules dont work either but thats a diffrent issue im dealing with shaw about. 

26 minutes ago, me160 said:

my unraid servers current ip is 192.168.1.3 and thats because i got fedup with shaws router and just started going through my own using its dhcp server essentialy using it to convert the 10.0.0.x network from the shaw router back to my 192.168.1.x network so atleast my lan network still functions and i can access my shares while i deal with shaw and geting my modem to work properly. and i have the static ip set as static in both my router and in uraid so it shouldnt ever change

If you have set Unraid to use a fixed IP address have you also checked that you have set the correct gateway in Unraid (and the correct DNS servers)i

5 minutes ago, me160 said:

My routers ip 192.168.1.11, witch is what its set as in unraid. But my shaw router is 10.0.0.1.....should i try setting it as the shaw ip?

No - you need the correct gateway for the 192.168.1.x subnet.      Are you sure your router is 192.168.1.11 - that is a very unusual value for a router.

I just remote desktoped into my home laptop (it tends to not turn off) and checked my ip's. My routers ip is definately 192.168.1.11. i did notice my router (asus rt-ac68u) does not have a default gateway or dns server set in its dhcp server settings. But even so that doesnt explain why every other device on my network has internet including a windows vm inside unraid and i can access my sonarr web gui but not the nextcloud one nor can unraid look for updates or CA look for apps

*Update* i have tried before to change the ip of my asus router to 192 168.1.1 and it wouldnt update it.

Edited by me160

update here i delt with shaw and got my router figured out (they ended up giving me a cisco advanced one and putting it into bridge mode so i can use my asus without changing any settings) so now thats figured out i defiantly have internet on everything....except unraid and it appears specifically my nextcloud docker and the CA plugin

I just tried to remove my static ip settings from both the unraid server and my router so unraid would get its own but it apears unraid is still keeping its 192.168.1.3 although i noticed it wont save any dns settings i put into it and it switches to automatic dns even when i set it to static

2 hours ago, trott said:

can you first just let DHCP assign the IP to unraid

i just got it to update its ip from my router and went to ping 8.8.8.8 through console and it spat this "64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=34.3 ms"

at me with various ms response times and kept repeating it to 56 entries when i closed the window but the apps page still doesnt update its list and gives me an error.

23 minutes ago, me160 said:

i just got it to update its ip from my router and went to ping 8.8.8.8 through console and it spat this "64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=34.3 ms"

at me with various ms response times and kept repeating it to 56 entries when i closed the window but the apps page still doesnt update its list and gives me an error.

so it seems no issue on your network connectivity, try dig github.com or ping github.com to see what's result,   it mignt be your DNS issue

Just now, trott said:

so it seems no issue on your network connectivity, try dig github.com or ping github.com to see what's result,   it mignt be your DNS issue

ok when i try dig github.com it says "-bash: dig: command not found" and when i ping github.com it says "ping: github.com: system error"

1 hour ago, me160 said:

Im beginning to think this may be one of those issues that requires a re-install of everything....

Unraid installs itself fresh from the archives on flash into RAM at each boot and it runs in RAM. Nothing to reinstall but you could put your network settings back to default. Have you tried renaming or deleting config/network.cfg from flash to get it to use the defaults?

6 minutes ago, trurl said:

Unraid installs itself fresh from the archives on flash into RAM at each boot and it runs in RAM. Nothing to reinstall but you could put your network settings back to default. Have you tried renaming or deleting config/network.cfg from flash to get it to use the defaults?

Hmmm....didnt think of this ill try it when i get home this evening

5 hours ago, trurl said:

i deleted it then re-booted unraid and it seems to have fixed the issue the CA is now showing me apps and everyhting works.....however my nextcloud docker still seems to not be working, when i go to its webpage through unraid it either loads a page that says "504 gateway timeout" across the top and "nginx/1.16.1" in small print below that, or it doesnt load anything and google chrome says it refused to connect