unorganized

So everytime a updates comes i have a hard time finding the thread with the infos whats new. (maybe show it in UI after u click update now)

Even a google search for unRAIDServer 6.7.3 rc3 doesnt bring up any usefull results. Its very annoying. Then i go to the forum and go to

Announcements

Latest news and release announcements from Lime Technology.

And even cant find it there...

So i think its not well designed.. maybe post it there? Announcements

Even if so, why not still announce it? I mean everyone who has selected "next" will get a notification in unraid anyway?

Maybe put a explenation above the thread... "The Unraid 6.7.3-rc releases are only intended for a selected group of people, who experienced data corruption and are willing to participate in testing."

I just upgraded without knowing it.. !?

Or add a "dev" button.

Like "latest" will give you notice for every next release

and "dev" only releases like 6.7.3

Anyway i feel it very unintiutive and i think it should be changed.

Edited by nuhll

I guess i am a little confused on the issue.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:58 AM, nuhll said:

I just upgraded without knowing it.. !?

Especially with this statement.

I would assume that if you are using the Next channel that you would be following development of new features and bug fixes fairly closely. Otherwise you would be on the Stable Branch. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:58 AM, nuhll said:

The Unraid 6.7.3-rc releases are only intended for a selected group of people, who experienced data corruption and are willing to participate in testing

Not exactly true.  While the 6.7.3 RC's were geared towards fixes for the SQL error, nothing is stopping any joe-average user from using it, nor will any ill effects happen by doing so.