Prevent Array From Starting if Cache has issues

Rhynri

Hello! 

I'd like to submit a feature request for a setting that prevents the array from starting if there is an issue with the cache drive/array.  I recently noticed that my motherboard was missing a molex power plug, so I shut down the system and popped the plug in.  Somewhere along the way, I bumped a plug on my U.2 mounted NVME drive, loosening it just enough to take it off line. 

Upon starting unraid, the Array started as normal, but obviously the cache array was offline.  My cache array is a BTRFS software RAID:

Data, RAID0: total=1.11TiB, used=1.11TiB
    System, RAID1: total=32.00MiB, used=96.00KiB
    Metadata, RAID1: total=2.00GiB, used=1.21GiB

Because the array started without the cache drive intact, upon reboot I was greeted with the attached screenshot in my dashboard.  That drive activity is a BTRFS disk delete... on the array my running VM that I took this screenshot on is working off of, because everything automatically started as normal and then proceeded to do this.  Which is not only unwanted but wasteful and shortens the lifespan of the drives.

So I'd like to respectfully submit a request to have a setting that prevents the array from starting if there is any disk error at all.  If this is already a thing and I couldn't find it, I apologize for wasting your time. :)  Now I'm off to re-add that drive to my cache.

CacheDelete.png

14 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

This is a known issue and was mentioned on other threads as a suggested improvement, but I don't believe there's a feature request so it's good to have it here.

Yeah, I think I bricked my cache data trying to add the drive back in the wrong way too. >.<