Need help - system crashing (6.6.7) after array brought online

razorweb

Hi all.  This is my first post.  I have been a Unraid user for about 6 months with virtually no problems.  Most recently, I had installed Heimdall and followed Spaceinvader One's tutorial on setting up an NGINX proxy with a custom domain.  A few days later, I woke up to find the server down.  Restarting was futile, and the USB key was fried.  I transferred my key to a new USB, and luckily had an old backup of my old USB which I used to get the server back online.  It started up, and I immediately shut down the array and ran a check - no errors.  However whenever I bring the array online, the system crashes shortly after.  If I leave the array down, there is not an issue (it can stay on for a while without crashing).

I was able to download server diagnostics and I have a syslog (as well as all the other files which I am happy to share).  The system won't stay on for long, maybe a few minutes.  Fix common problems intermittently shows a hardware error.   I've never had a hardware problem until now, so not sure why I would have one now. 

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

EDIT: Attached also find two recent diagnostic zips.

syslog.txt

tower-diagnostics-20190918-2147.zip tower-diagnostics-20190917-2017.zip

Edited by razorweb

I don't see anything obvious in those.

10 hours ago, razorweb said:

I immediately shut down the array and ran a check - no errors.

By "check" do you mean a parity check?

Just a word of advice on using the forum. When you edit a post, for example, to attach those diagnostics, the thread doesn't show up as having anything new in it for the rest of us. The only reason I even looked at this thread again is because you had made a new post to it. If you hadn't, I would likely have forgotten all about it since I read a lot of threads and only look for those that have new posts in them. So, it is best to put new information in a new post or it could be overlooked by the people who are trying to help you.

Thanks.  Sorry about that.  Yes, parity check came back ok.  I skimmed through the log and found the following errors:

Sep 19 19:47:39 Tower nginx: 2019/09/19 19:47:39 [error] 5082#5082: *1669 upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.24, server: , request: "GET /webterminal/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://unix:/var/run/ttyd.sock:/", host: "192.168.1.3", referrer: "http://192.168.1.3/Dashboard" Sep 19 19:49:00 Tower root: Fix Common Problems Version 2019.09.08

Sep 19 19:49:05 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application deluge is missing. ** Ignored Sep 19 19:49:05 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application heimdall is missing. ** Ignored

Sep 19 19:49:05 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application jackett is missing. ** Ignored Sep 19 19:49:36 Tower kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged

Sep 19 19:49:36 Tower kernel: [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.

Sep 19 19:49:36 Tower kernel: [Hardware Error]: CPU:3 (17:8:2) MC3_STATUS[-|CE|MiscV|-|-|-|-|SyndV|-]: 0x9820000000000150

Sep 19 19:49:36 Tower kernel: [Hardware Error]: IPID: 0x000300b000000000, Syndrome: 0x000000002a000503

Sep 19 19:49:36 Tower kernel: [Hardware Error]: Decode Unit Extended Error Code: 0 Sep 19 19:49:36 Tower kernel: [Hardware Error]: Decode Unit Error: uop cache tag parity error.

Sep 19 19:49:36 Tower kernel: [Hardware Error]: cache level: RESV, tx: INSN, mem-tx: IRD

any thoughts?