Interview with Spaceinvader One

Thanks Unraid for the interview, and especially thanks @SpaceInvaderOne for all you've contributed to the community! Without you I doubt I would have ever been able to get my own home server running let alone built or even considered in the first place. I've watched so many of your videos and they are all truly helpful. Please don't ever stop making them!

😊

Edited by bergePanzer581
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/24/2019 at 5:11 PM, Rhynri said:

@SpaceInvaderOne - What is that screen you are using for your server name and youtube view count?  It's super cool and I'd love to have one to display various home-automation data like power consumption and solar production, and real-time data from my Weatherflow station.

@Rhynri  Hi @ Very late reply but it is called a lametric smart clock.

• 3 weeks later...

@SpaceInvaderOne  Thanks for the nod for my Yeti contribution to you early on, and I feel lucky to have been able to be one of your earliest supporters and "egg you on" to do this - I IMMEDIATELY saw the value for what you were doing.   No surprise to me that you've succeeded and excelled at it -- I continue to be impressed by the progressive quality of your videos, both production quality but the content organization and delivery - your ability to tame this down for the novice is unique in my opinion (agree with the others, there's alot of headroom to take this further in expanding the platform).   Of course helping with the mic was very self serving since I've been so dependent on your videos to get over the hump of the limits of my Linux knowledge to get my UnRaid projects to goal lol.   However your positive / friendly / helpful attitude and loyalty to the community (and I presume life in general) is what is most impressive, and I agree with your comments about this as such a common trait that the UnRaid crowd has managed to maintain that makes it so enjoyable.    And by the way, you now have MAD skills with Camtasia !!!    Thanks @SpencerJ for the interview, and of course Thanks @SI1 for all you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 8:01 PM, jsdoc said:

@SpaceInvaderOne  Thanks for the nod for my Yeti contribution to you early on, and I feel lucky to have been able to be one of your earliest supporters and "egg you on" to do this - I IMMEDIATELY saw the value for what you were doing.   No surprise to me that you've succeeded and excelled at it -- I continue to be impressed by the progressive quality of your videos, both production quality but the content organization and delivery - your ability to tame this down for the novice is unique in my opinion (agree with the others, there's alot of headroom to take this further in expanding the platform).   Of course helping with the mic was very self serving since I've been so dependent on your videos to get over the hump of the limits of my Linux knowledge to get my UnRaid projects to goal lol.   However your positive / friendly / helpful attitude and loyalty to the community (and I presume life in general) is what is most impressive, and I agree with your comments about this as such a common trait that the UnRaid crowd has managed to maintain that makes it so enjoyable.    And by the way, you now have MAD skills with Camtasia !!!    Thanks @SpencerJ for the interview, and of course Thanks @SI1 for all you do.

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it!

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, olschool said:

I have tried OpenVPN docker, NGINX proxy Manager, Zerotier, and a few others. When I had a static IP it was no issue, but sadly I can no longer get a static IP address from my ISP. I know this is right up his alley and he would most likely be the one with the solution.

Not a question for Spaceinvader One, but @olschooldoes your ISP provide IPv6? That would be one way around CGNAT on IPv4