SuperMicro CSE-933T-R760B NAS Network Storage Server - $499 to $599

DoeBoye

Guys I know it has been a while but I finally just got to trying to use this server.  Setting up a mirror box to replicate all my data.  Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to boot?!  In the bios in the boot menu I see the san cruzer USB drive and I have it at the top for boot order.  I formated the USB stick and gave it the volume name UNRAID.  I ran syslinux on it and copied over the unzipped unraid OS.  Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Neil

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

The new BladeMaster fans you list above are all 4-wire fans.  The stock fans that came in my two SuperMicro CSE-933T-R760B chassis are 3-wire fans (though they do have 4-pin connectors with one unused pin).  The fan connectors in my SuperMicro chassis are 3-pin connectors.  The pin that's missing on the chassis fan conectors is the 4th pin that would allow PWM control of fan speed, and without that pin the fans run at full speed.

The motherboard in these systems (SuperMicro X6DHE-XG2) can support either 3 or 4 wire fans, but the chassis (at least the two I bought) seem to have only 3-wire connectors for the fans.

Giraffeninja -- Were your stock fans 3 or 4 wire, and are the connectors in your chassis 3-pin or 4-pin connectors?

I bought the same SuperMicro CSE-933T-R760B when the deal was first posted here.  The box has been sitting collecting dust until I found some time to get unRaid setup.  I finally took the plunge last night for the first time and have it configured now.  I'm now copying content over.

Amp1 - you had asked Giraffeninia about the fans and connectors in his system.  In mine, the stock fans are 3 wire fans and the chassis has 4-wire connectors. 

The box is really noisy.  I came back to this thread to search for how various people quieted their box.  Will probably replace the 6 stock fans.  Even then, there seems to be a good bit of noise coming out of the power supplies?

Ken

I have mine in a closet so I don't care about the sound but I did contact the original seller and he said he has a couple more which I thought about picking up but no hard drive sleds.  Populating 15 of them can get pretty pricey!

I rsync-ed the two unraid servers and it seems to run really well. 

Still would like to get the IPMI card working.

I do love the box but I think I need something with some PCI-E slots so I might pass on the others!

Neil

• 1 month later...

I have mine in a closet so I don't care about the sound but I did contact the original seller and he said he has a couple more which I thought about picking up but no hard drive sleds.  Populating 15 of them can get pretty pricey!

I rsync-ed the two unraid servers and it seems to run really well. 

Still would like to get the IPMI card working.

I do love the box but I think I need something with some PCI-E slots so I might pass on the others!

Neil

You need to download the IPMI config utiliy from Supermicro. The statically linked Linux version works in unRAID.

• 1 year later...