Cache drive perfomance

luowilliam

I have a 240GB cache drive on my unraid server. I have been getting the maximum writting and reading speed from the server limited by only the Gbit network speed. I think aorund 110Mbps.

However recently, the speed dropped way down to 40ish Mbps. It almost seem like the cache drive is no longer working. I checked the cache drive it has no error and I re-formatted the cache drive as well. No change.

Any idea where to go next for troubleshooting?

Thanks.

I'd try SATA cables.  Also, be real sure the cache is set to the mode you think it is.  And if you're copying over the network - make sure you're over a cable not wifi and all of that kind of thing.  Lots of small files copying will be a slower MB/s so depends if you're doing that.  I'm just guessing though as you don't say what you're trying to copy etc.

22 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

I'd try SATA cables.  Also, be real sure the cache is set to the mode you think it is.  And if you're copying over the network - make sure you're over a cable not wifi and all of that kind of thing.  Lots of small files copying will be a slower MB/s so depends if you're doing that.  I'm just guessing though as you don't say what you're trying to copy etc.

I tried copying a movie file over ethernet connection from Windows and MAC... It's just super weird it was working fine up until a week ago. Tried to switch SATA cable didn't make a difference.

Still can't figure out what the problem is. 

It not my network speed as I get same speed as WIFI

The SATA cable was switched out as well.

I would expect the read speed to be low for files that have not been copied before but writing to the cache drive should be as fast as the network speed, no?

Please help.

Thanks!