OnlyOffice on unraid setup guide

17 hours ago, Maggi0r said:

I found the problem and solved it myself.
I deleted the folder in appdata once with rmv and then restarted the Docker after which it ran.

Regards Maggi

Glad to hear it Maggi.  I just now saw your post.  Glad you figured it out.  I don't think I would have.  Great work!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 2:00 AM, Maggi0r said:

First of all, thanks for this guide, it is identical to the Space Invader.
Except for the lower case of the container.

However, I don't want to find a connection from OnlyOffice to the document server stat I get the following message in the Office settings when I want to save my document server.

"Error connecting" bad Helthchek status "
and in the document server log this is here "[2020-04-26T15: 58: 00.846] [ERROR] nodeJS - healthCheck error

error: password authentication failed for user "onlyoffice"

I hope you can continue helping me there.

My subdomain is entered in the LE container and also ok.

Regards Maggi

Not sure whether relevant but I've just gone through this exercise and had a win.  Install the documentserver docker as per spaceinvader tutorial, except don't do the cert copy stuff.  Rename the docker to "documentserver" (all lower case), then in linuxservers letsencrypt docker there is a config file ready to go.  It will update the certs automatically. Just rename the file without the .sample on the end and restart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 5 months later...

I've successfully setup ONLYOFFICE to work in my self hosted Nextcloud instance. Like many others here I use NginxProxyManager to setup reverse proxy and get a certificate from Let's Encrypt for my subdomains. As already mentioned here you don't need to create any config files and copying certificate and private key to a newly created folder certs in appdata ......

I think anyone who added at least one proxy host to NginxProxyManager with SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt pointing to the newly created subdomain will be able to configure OnlyOffice Document Server to work properly with Nextcloud. If not I will gladly provide some assistance.

My main intention here is creating a brief HOW TO in order to restrict the access to ONLYOFFICE Document Server (for security reasons and data integrity) with encrypted signature, known as Secret Key. Let me emphasize that I don't own the credit for this tutorial, I'm just posting something found among user comments in @SpaceInvaderOne YouTube video tutorial How to Install and Integrate Only Office with Nextcloud. Many, many thanks to @SpaceInvaderOne for providing great tutorials for us "nerds" and make our experience with unRAID easier.

HOW TO add and configure Secret Key in ONLYOFFICE:

Stop the OnlyOffice Document Server container.

In the "edit" option for the OnlyOffice Document Server docker, do "+ Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device". 

Config Type: Variable
Name: JWT_ENABLED (can be whatever you want to see in the UI, I used the key)
Key: JWT_ENABLED
Value: true
Description: Enables use of Secret key
[press ADD]

Then add another variable:

Name: JWT_SECRET (same thing, up to you)
Key: JWT_SECRET
Value: [WhateverSecretKeyYouWantToUse]. You can use the following command in Terminal (without quotes) to create a random Secret Key: "openssl rand -base64 48" and press Enter
Description: Defines the Secret key value
[press ADD]

[press APPLY]

Start OnlyOffice Document Server container.

Go to Nextcloud > Settings > ONLYOFFICE page. Enter the Secret Key and click Save (you should get the message: Settings have been successfully updated ..... No restart of the Nextcloud docker was needed. 

Edited by yogy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 4:13 PM, yogy said:

I've successfully setup ONLYOFFICE to work in my self hosted Nextcloud instance. Like many others here I use NginxProxyManager to setup reverse proxy and get a certificate from Let's Encrypt for my subdomains. As already mentioned here you don't need to create any config files and copying certificate and private key to a newly created folder certs in appdata ......

I think anyone who added at least one proxy host to NginxProxyManager with SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt pointing to the newly created subdomain will be able to configure OnlyOffice Document Server to work properly with Nextcloud. If not I will gladly provide some assistance.

My main intention here is creating a brief HOW TO in order to restrict the access to ONLYOFFICE Document Server (for security reasons and data integrity) with encrypted signature, known as Secret Key. Let me emphasize that I don't own the credit for this tutorial, I'm just posting something found among user comments in @SpaceInvaderOne YouTube video tutorial How to Install and Integrate Only Office with Nextcloud. Many, many thanks to @SpaceInvaderOne for providing great tutorials for us "nerds" and make our experience with unRAID easier.

HOW TO add and configure Secret Key in ONLYOFFICE:

Stop the OnlyOffice Document Server container.

In the "edit" option for the OnlyOffice Document Server docker, do "+ Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device". 

Name: JWT_ENABLED (can be whatever you want to see in the UI, I used the key)
Key: JWT_ENABLED
Value: true
Description: Enables use of Secret key
[press ADD]

Then add another variable:

Name: JWT_SECRET (same thing, up to you)
Key: JWT_SECRET
Value: [WhateverSecretKeyYouWantToUse]. You can use the following command in Terminal (without quotes) to create a random Secret Key: "openssl rand -base64 48" and press Enter
Description: Defines the Secret key value
[press ADD]

[press APPLY]

Start OnlyOffice Document Server container.

Go to Nextcloud > Settings > ONLYOFFICE page. Enter the Secret Key and click Save (you should get the message: Settings have been successfully updated ..... No restart of the Nextcloud docker was needed. 

Thank you so much for this !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, Predator68RS said:

@Maggi0r can you please elaborate on how you fixed this error?  I'm stuck with the same problem... what folder did you remove, what else did you do?  Thanks!

I think she deleted the whole folder in appdata.  Then when you restart the container, it will basically redownload everything.  I was getting a similar issue when I upgraded to Nextcloud 20 and that seemed to help me.

• 8 months later...

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I'm trying to get this going and I'm getting a "bad healthcheck status" error when trying to connect to my onlyoffice DS.

I can get to the server's welcome screen from a web browser, but when I try to connect to it in nextcloud the error below appears.

I'm using nginx proxy manager 

This is the error: 

Exception: Bad healthcheck status
/config/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/controller/settingscontroller.php - line 172:
OCA\Onlyoffice\DocumentService->checkDocServiceUrl()
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 218:
OCA\Onlyoffice\Controller\SettingsController->SaveAddress()
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 127:
OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController()
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 157:
OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch()
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 302:
OC\AppFramework\App::main()
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 993:
OC\Route\Router->match()
/config/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 37:
OC::handleRequest()

What is the URL you guys are using within nextcloud to connect to ONLYOFFICE?  I just use my full domain name like documentserver.mydomain.com

• 3 months later...

I'm stuck with the "Error when trying to connect (Bad healthcheck status)" error.

I followed spaceinvadersone's video as well.

I'm using Swag and I haven't used NginxProxyManager before.

I've tried deleting the folders inside of onlyofficeds and restarted the container but that did not fix the error. I had to comment out "proxy_redirect off;" in the config file because of the ("proxy redirect" directive is duplicate in) loop I got in the swag log. I've also changed the repository to "onlyoffice/documentserver:6" but no fix. I've been going through many posts, but could not find a solution that works for me. 

Attached are screenshots of my setup and errors.  Hoping I can get some help to get onlyoffice working with nextcloud.

Does anyone know what does the "Bad healthcheck status" really mean?

Thanks in advance.

container.png

config.png

nextcloud-error.png

local400error.png

subdomain-url.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 6:51 PM, TekDRu said:

I'm stuck with the "Error when trying to connect (Bad healthcheck status)" error.

I followed spaceinvadersone's video as well.

I'm using Swag and I haven't used NginxProxyManager before.

I've tried deleting the folders inside of onlyofficeds and restarted the container but that did not fix the error. I had to comment out "proxy_redirect off;" in the config file because of the ("proxy redirect" directive is duplicate in) loop I got in the swag log. I've also changed the repository to "onlyoffice/documentserver:6" but no fix. I've been going through many posts, but could not find a solution that works for me. 

Attached are screenshots of my setup and errors.  Hoping I can get some help to get onlyoffice working with nextcloud.

Does anyone know what does the "Bad healthcheck status" really mean?

Thanks in advance.

container.png

config.png

nextcloud-error.png

local400error.png

subdomain-url.png

Here in the same situation, did you manage to fix this?

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! So I just spent the past two days trying to get Only Office set-up and my gosh did I run into hiccups!! Anyway, I got it figured out after piecing together a number of different tutorials (thank you @SpaceInvaderOne!!!) and scrolling through the forums. I am no expert and do not take any credit for this but want people to have a one stop shop to the solutions to the problems I ran into.

So I first want to say that I setup Nextcloud using @SpaceInvaderOne’s newest tutorials. So I am using linuxserver’s Swag and Nextcloud containers.

I then went and followed @SpaceInvaderOne’s video on how to install OnlyOffice.

Minor Changes throughout the video

1. When you install the OnlyOfficeDocumentServer you will want to use Siwat2545’s docker and change the repository to “onlyoffice/documentserver:6.0”. This will install an older version of the OnlyOfficeDocumentServer. Follow all the other steps in the video for this section.
  2. You will change the scripts from “letsencrypt” to “swag” when copying the certs (this is if you are using swag)
  3. At the config file section you will want to download the file from the video and make the necessary changes that he goes over (make sure you establish a cname on cloudflare directing to whatever subdomain you use). What I also had to do different was delete “proxy_redirect off;” from the file. I then followed the rest of that tutorial. You can check to see if the OnlyOfficeDocumentServer is up and running properly through Swag by typing whatever subdomain and domain you linked it to into your browser. It should take you to the Only Office page that congratulates you on setting it up.
  4. After this I went to Nextcloud and tried to link my subdomain.domain within the ONLYOFFICE app and got this error (Error when trying to connect (Not supported version)(version 6.0.2.5)).
  5. You will need to downgrade your ONLYOFFICE app. To do this you will need to disable and uninstall the application from your Nextcloud. Then follow the step in this link. https://help.nextcloud.com/t/error-after-upgrading-app/126540/17
  6. At step 5 I used @sonic6's suggestion and used these instead. 

find ./onlyoffice -type d -exec chmod 0750 {} \;

find ./onlyoffice -type f -exec chmod 0640 {} \;

So after doing all of this I got OnlyOffice working and I hope it does for you too. I am no expert so maybe there is a better way of doing this. I also hope people can understand my steps lol. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 10:59 PM, blahblah0385 said:

To make it even easier use NgnixProxyManager and don't have to mess around with LetsEncrypt and proxy files. 

How does it make it so you dont have to mess with the certs?  I have not been able to get it to work with nginx at all

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 1:44 PM, banter said:

Hey everyone! So I just spent the past two days trying to get Only Office set-up and my gosh did I run into hiccups!! Anyway, I got it figured out after piecing together a number of different tutorials (thank you @SpaceInvaderOne!!!) and scrolling through the forums. I am no expert and do not take any credit for this but want people to have a one stop shop to the solutions to the problems I ran into.

So I first want to say that I setup Nextcloud using @SpaceInvaderOne’s newest tutorials. So I am using linuxserver’s Swag and Nextcloud containers.

I then went and followed @SpaceInvaderOne’s video on how to install OnlyOffice.

Minor Changes throughout the video

1. When you install the OnlyOfficeDocumentServer you will want to use Siwat2545’s docker and change the repository to “onlyoffice/documentserver:6.0”. This will install an older version of the OnlyOfficeDocumentServer. Follow all the other steps in the video for this section.
  2. You will change the scripts from “letsencrypt” to “swag” when copying the certs (this is if you are using swag)
  3. At the config file section you will want to download the file from the video and make the necessary changes that he goes over (make sure you establish a cname on cloudflare directing to whatever subdomain you use). What I also had to do different was delete “proxy_redirect off;” from the file. I then followed the rest of that tutorial. You can check to see if the OnlyOfficeDocumentServer is up and running properly through Swag by typing whatever subdomain and domain you linked it to into your browser. It should take you to the Only Office page that congratulates you on setting it up.
  4. After this I went to Nextcloud and tried to link my subdomain.domain within the ONLYOFFICE app and got this error (Error when trying to connect (Not supported version)(version 6.0.2.5)).
  5. You will need to downgrade your ONLYOFFICE app. To do this you will need to disable and uninstall the application from your Nextcloud. Then follow the step in this link. https://help.nextcloud.com/t/error-after-upgrading-app/126540/17
  6. At step 5 I used @sonic6's suggestion and used these instead. 

find ./onlyoffice -type d -exec chmod 0750 {} \;

find ./onlyoffice -type f -exec chmod 0640 {} \;

So after doing all of this I got OnlyOffice working and I hope it does for you too. I am no expert so maybe there is a better way of doing this. I also hope people can understand my steps lol. Good luck!

thank you for the instructions, what did it for me was to install version 6.0, latest branch would result in error 400

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm trying to set up OnlyOffice container to work with Nextcloud. I'm using Nginx Proxy Manager.

The subdomain is reachable from the internet, but when I enter the address and the secret key I'm getting error:
"Error when trying to connect (Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.) (version 7.3.3.49)"

Any ideas how to troubleshoot it?

• 5 months later...

Hello, 

I know this is an old thread. I attempted to follow the steps to set up OnlyOffice:

1. Created CNAME onlyoffice.mydomain.com

2. Install and renamed container

3. Added .conf to Swag

4. Copied .crt and .key to onlyoffice's folder, rename

5. Restart containers

Now I'm in trouble. In the logs for Swag, it's looping

"nginx: [emerg] "proxy_redirect" directive is duplicate in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/onlyoffice.subdomain.conf:16
nginx: [warn] protocol options redefined for 0.0.0.0:443 in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/onlyoffice.subdomain.conf:2
nginx: [emerg] "proxy_redirect" directive is duplicate in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/onlyoffice.subdomain.conf:16
nginx: [warn] protocol options redefined for 0.0.0.0:443 in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/onlyoffice.subdomain.conf:2
nginx: [emerg] "proxy_redirect" directive is duplicate in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/onlyoffice.subdomain.conf:16
nginx: [emerg] "proxy_redirect" directive is duplicate in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/onlyoffice.subdomain.conf:16"

Not only is the OfficeOffice subdomain not working, now my other reverse proxies, Nextcloud and Jellyfin, aren't working either. Help!