OnlyOffice on unraid setup guide

hey guys, 

I searched all over to find an answer but I was not successful. So, I have only you guys to help me out as you have done times and times before. 

Hello,

I am running unraid 6.7.2 and I installed Nextcloud 16 on it.

it works perfectly fine but when I connected Nextcloud with google drive... the connection is established and green but there is a red mark on the side that makes the whole thing useless... please have a look at this screenshot

https://imgur.com/d4C8NfN

you can see the username box, password & grant access button are all green but there is a red mark on the left and for that, I cannot use the google drive.

When I checked google API that I created for this connection... I see that Nextcloud made a request to the API and there were no errors...so definitely the connection is fine but I have no idea what to do

Thanks a lot 

I'm questioning if this is even possible.  Reading over many forum posts on different websites, no one has even claimed to have gotten this working with unraid.  One individual had gotten it working using an Ubuntu VM.  But unfortunately, I do not have the required hardware on my server to do VMs.

1 hour ago, patm95 said:

I'm questioning if this is even possible.  Reading over many forum posts on different websites, no one has even claimed to have gotten this working with unraid.  One individual had gotten it working using an Ubuntu VM.  But unfortunately, I do not have the required hardware on my server to do VMs.

I am surprised that your system cannot run VMs if it is 64-bit capable.   What many systems do not support is hardware pass-through, but this is not a prerequisite if you do not need graphics performance.

59 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I am surprised that your system cannot run VMs if it is 64-bit capable.   What many systems do not support is hardware pass-through, but this is not a prerequisite if you do not need graphics performance.

I can look into this again.  I looked into it a couple of years ago and didn't think my system could do it for some reason.  I don't remember why.  It is almost 9 years old now.  Has an old AMD 3 core processor.  8GB ram.  Was overkill back when I built it.  Now, sometimes just streaming media I have to close down dockers to get smooth playback. 

On 9/28/2019 at 3:22 AM, patm95 said:

I am interested in this as well.  I am in the exact same boat.  I may try it out soon.  If I get it to work I will post here.

Please report back in here if you ever found a way to get it working 

because, from my end... There is nothing more I can do... I even watched german videos that got it running "at least that's what they claim" my steps were 100% aligned with theirs !! still it is not not working for me 

53 minutes ago, livingonline8 said:

Please report back in here if you ever found a way to get it working 

because, from my end... There is nothing more I can do... I even watched german videos that got it running "at least that's what they claim" my steps were 100% aligned with theirs !! still it is not not working for me 

For the moment, I've went with Collabora.   I'm hoping Spaceinvader One will put a video out on it sometime.  There are a lot of people interested in it for sure.  If I do ever get it done, I will be sure to post it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gang.  I finally got onlyoffice to work!  I will try to describe the best I can as I tried many different things.  I found a reddit post and random youtube comment that was very helpful.  This is what finally worked:

1.  Set up a CNAME for your subdomain unless using a subdirectory.

2.  Install OnlyOfficeDocumentServer docker container. Make sure to re-name the container to all lowercase (this is important).  Rename to "onlyoffice" without the quotes if you want to match the config file.

3.  If you've already go the Let's Encrypt docker container, create a new proxy config file the attached config file.  If you haven't setup Let's Encrypt, search for the spaceinvader youtube video on it.

4.  Edit your LE docker container to add in your newly created subdomain and restart the container.

5.  Stop the letsencrypt and onlyoffice containers.  Go into your appdata\letsencrypt\keys  and copy cert.crt and cert.key files. Go into the appdata folder in onlyoffice /Data folder and create a folder called "certs". Paste your certs in there. you will likely need Krusader or use the terminal due to permission issues.  rename them onlyoffice.crt and onlyoffice.key  Restart the containers. 

6.  Go into NextCloud UI, click on your username, then Apps. Install OnlyOffice. Go to the settings page for OnlyOffice and type in your URL (e.g. https://docs.yourdomain.com). Save and that should be it!

As a side note, this seems to have broken my collabora integration.  Apparently onlyoffice is not compatible with the nextcloud iphone app and collabora was.  I could have broken something in my efforts to get onlyoffice working.  Not 100% sure yet.  If anyone is able to get them both to work, please post here. 

Good luck! 

onlyoffice.subdomain.conf

Edited by patm95
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, patm95 said:

Hi gang.  I finally got onlyoffice to work!  I will try to describe the best I can as I tried many different things.  I found a reddit post and random youtube comment that was very helpful.  This is what finally worked:

1.  Set up a CNAME for your subdomain unless using a subdirectory.

2.  Install OnlyOfficeDocumentServer docker container. Make sure to re-name the container to all lowercase (this is important).  Rename to "onlyoffice" without the quotes if you want to match the config file.

3.  If you've already go the Let's Encrypt docker container, create a new proxy config file the attached config file.  If you haven't setup Let's Encrypt, search for the spaceinvader youtube video on it.

4.  Edit your LE docker container to add in your newly created subdomain and restart the container.

5.  Stop the letsencrypt and onlyoffice containers.  Go into your appdata\letsencrypt\keys  and copy cert.crt and cert.key files. Go into the appdata folder in onlyoffice /Data folder and create a folder called "certs". Paste your certs in there. you will likely need Krusader or use the terminal due to permission issues.  rename them onlyoffice.crt and onlyoffice.key  Restart the containers. 

6.  Go into NextCloud UI, click on your username, then Apps. Install OnlyOffice. Go to the settings page for OnlyOffice and type in your URL (e.g. https://docs.yourdomain.com). Save and that should be it!

As a side note, this seems to have broken my collabora integration.  Apparently onlyoffice is not compatible with the nextcloud iphone app and collabora was.  I could have broken something in my efforts to get onlyoffice working.  Not 100% sure yet.  If anyone is able to get them both to work, please post here. 

Good luck! 

onlyoffice.subdomain.conf 680 B · 0 downloads

Thank you so much..

Will you please share with us your onlyofficedocuments and onlyoffficeserver containers details... My problem is when I install both of them... They dont work at all...just a blank white page 

1 hour ago, livingonline8 said:

Thank you so much..

Will you please share with us your onlyofficedocuments and onlyoffficeserver containers details... My problem is when I install both of them... They dont work at all...just a blank white page 

For Nextcloud you only need the document server.  I downloaded the document server with the defaults, only change the Name at the top to "onlyoffice".  What navigating to the Webui -> https://your-ip:4430/ You should see a green checkmark and "Document server is running" text

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it is an old thread. But, @livingonline8, thank you very much for the method you explained. I finally could install onlyoffice with nextcloud.

I have two questions though:

1. I copied certs from letsencrypt to onlyoffice/Data/certs folder. But what will happen when the certs expire? Should not it be integrated to letsencrypt docker somehow? Will it suffice to create two symbolic links to the LE certs in folder letsencrypt/keys?

2. In the onlyoffice.subdomain.com file, proxy pass directive is using port 443. Isn't it 4430? We use 443 for letsencrypt docker.

Thanks.

Edited by sse450
13 hours ago, sse450 said:

I know it is an old thread. But, @livingonline8, thank you very much for the method you explained. I finally could install onlyoffice with nextcloud.

I have two questions though:

1. I copied certs from letsencrypt to onlyoffice/Data/certs folder. But what will happen when the certs expire? Should not it be integrated to letsencrypt docker somehow? Will it suffice to create two symbolic links to the LE certs in folder letsencrypt/keys?

2. In the onlyoffice.subdomain.com file, proxy pass directive is using port 443. Isn't it 4430? We use 443 for letsencrypt docker.

Thanks.

Good question about #1.  Idk to be honest.  This was the only way I could get it to work.   Worst case, maybe we update the certs ever so often.  I've never had a problem yet.

For #2, no I use 443 on mine and it works fine.  Container port is the same for both dockers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, sse450 said:

You can symlink "ln -s" instead of copy. When LetsEncrypt renew the crt and key office will get those as well.

In addition, did someone manage to add a secret token so no one can use your office server on their own?

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 10:59 PM, blahblah0385 said:

To make it even easier use NgnixProxyManager and don't have to mess around with LetsEncrypt and proxy files. 

I think I have set it up correctly however I am getting a 502 error when trying to connect to my OnlyOfficeDocServer when using the newly created subdomain. 

OnlyOffice https is set to be port 4430 and in nginxproxymanager I have my office.duckdns.org domain pointed to https://local_IP:4430 . NginxProxyManager reads online however otherwise a 502 error. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 8:54 AM, Waddoo said:

I think I have set it up correctly however I am getting a 502 error when trying to connect to my OnlyOfficeDocServer when using the newly created subdomain. 

OnlyOffice https is set to be port 4430 and in nginxproxymanager I have my office.duckdns.org domain pointed to https://local_IP:4430 . NginxProxyManager reads online however otherwise a 502 error. 

I have this exact issue.

Did you find a solution?

On 3/28/2020 at 2:02 PM, mihcox said:

I am using NGINX Proxy manager, so I do not see any specific cert files, only .pem files.

I've never used that docker before.  I would assume they would have to be in there somewhere though.  I know it is not the .pem files though.  They will be specifically cert.crt and cert.key . 

I actually have gotten my onlyoffice instance working, apologies for net getting sooner my email client was not getting notifications. Within NginxProxyManager I setup a duckdns entry named  SOMETHINGoffice.duckdns.org and forwarded the port to Host Port 1 on my onlyoffice docker image. Within NginxProxyManager I set the scheme to be http however setting all the SSL requirements to enabled and no advanced options. Finally within nextcloud I set my onlyoffice to go to https://SOMETHINGoffice.duckdns.org and that has gotten my instance to work. 

Make sure with every change you restart nginx proxy manager, nextcloud, and onlyoffice. 

Edited by Waddoo
On 3/30/2020 at 8:01 PM, Waddoo said:

I actually have gotten my onlyoffice instance working, apologies for net getting sooner my email client was not getting notifications. Within NginxProxyManager I setup a duckdns entry named  SOMETHINGoffice.duckdns.org and forwarded the port to Host Port 1 on my onlyoffice docker image. Within NginxProxyManager I set the scheme to be http however setting all the SSL requirements to enabled and no advanced options. Finally within nextcloud I set my onlyoffice to go to https://SOMETHINGoffice.duckdns.org and that has gotten my instance to work. 

Make sure with every change you restart nginx proxy manager, nextcloud, and onlyoffice. 

Great!  Thanks for sharing!

On 3/30/2020 at 8:01 PM, Waddoo said:

So after doing this, i was able to get no error and it seems to be working. How can I validate that I am infact using the onlyoffice container?

• 2 weeks later...
  • JorgeB changed the title to OnlyOffice on unraid setup guide

First of all, thanks for this guide, it is identical to the Space Invader.
Except for the lower case of the container.

However, I don't want to find a connection from OnlyOffice to the document server stat I get the following message in the Office settings when I want to save my document server.

"Error connecting" bad Helthchek status "
and in the document server log this is here "[2020-04-26T15: 58: 00.846] [ERROR] nodeJS - healthCheck error

error: password authentication failed for user "onlyoffice"

I hope you can continue helping me there.

My subdomain is entered in the LE container and also ok.

Regards Maggi