[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If possible please try to start over, maybe this is the "solution". ;)

Don't forget to switch on console mode and also to run the job once from the GUI first to be on the save side. :)

I remember reading about having to run the job when you launch the GUI, so that the cron jobs work, so I've been doing that (y)

I force updated now, and so far, it doesn't seem to be working. Might need to nuke the whole thing, and re-install the docker.

I should be able to backup the profile file somewhere though, and restore it after the re-install? Setting up the profiles would be a pain in the ass to do >.<

EDIT!

Waaaaait! I just checked the log files from the AppData folder. It looks like the cron-jobs are working _just_ like the external script was.

So, the job indeed does run through (by the looks of it) but the file that stores the snapshots is _not_ updated.

EDIT2

Just checked the .luckyBackup / snaps /  - folder, and the snapshot files seem to be there, as they should. So the file pointing to the snapshot files (which, if I remember correctly, was the initial issue we were having with the user-scripts as well)

Edited by REllU
5 minutes ago, REllU said:

So, the job indeed does run through (by the looks of it) but the file that stores the snapshots is _not_ updated.

Yes this was already discussed in the Sourceforge issue and there is nothing I can do about this since I simply can't shut down the GUI when a cron job is starting.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Yes this was already discussed in the Sourceforge issue and there is nothing I can do about this since I simply can't shut down the GUI when a cron job is starting.

Oh, I thought you found out a way to get around it somehow, and pinged me because of that.

If that's the case, this really doesn't fix anything for me, since the user-scripts were already doing the same thing, kind of 😅

1 minute ago, REllU said:

Oh, I thought you found out a way to get around it somehow, and pinged me because of that.

If that's the case, this really doesn't fix anything for me, since the user-scripts were already doing the same thing, kind of 😅

Yes, but isn't is really easier to do everything from inside the container and it just works instead of copying the command and the create a User Script that runs the cron job from "outside" the container?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Sorry for the inconvenience, actually I had an error in my start script that was left over from the switch from x11-vnc to TurboVNC.

Please force a update of the container on your Docker page and try it again.

Tested it now and it is working. :)

Confirmed working now, thank you very much!

• Like 1

Debian Buster - Nvidia:   I believe I read some where that this only works with a keyboard and mouse?  Is there a way to use your controller with it?  This would be the perfect docker if I could do that.  Any help would be appreciated!  Heck I would just passthrough a controller connected to my server then to the docker if that would work.

34 minutes ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

Debian Buster - Nvidia:   I believe I read some where that this only works with a keyboard and mouse?  Is there a way to use your controller with it?

You can map the key inputs to the controler, this should work for now, also this works better than expected from my testing in Dirt Rally back in the days.

I will release a updated version from the container with Debian Bullseye but no ETA on that yet and look again into controller support.

35 minutes ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

Heck I would just passthrough a controller connected to my server then to the docker if that would work.

Sadly enough this also won't work...

On 7/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, ich777 said:

Nice, I also tried it but it won't run on my system, can keep an eye on this and please tell me if everything works as expected after a few days here?

OK so after a few days I can confirm everything is still running as expected which is fantastic.

One thing I did notice, is that running the scheduled job using User Scripts meant that snapshots weren't working correctly - the old ones weren't being deleted. However within the container the scheduled tasks all execute AND take care of removing old snapshots which is ideal.

Anyway, I'm just glad it's all working after a few days :)

• Like 1
On 7/25/2021 at 2:21 AM, ich777 said:

You can map the key inputs to the controler, this should work for now, also this works better than expected from my testing in Dirt Rally back in the days.

I will release a updated version from the container with Debian Bullseye but no ETA on that yet and look again into controller support.

Sadly enough this also won't work...

Thank you!  I’m going to try to run two with one gpu passed through. Should work.

7 hours ago, GreenEyedMonster said:

Thank you!  I’m going to try to run two with one gpu passed through. Should work.

I'm really not sure if this will work because you have to change a few things in the extra parameters from the template...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ich777, great work!

I can't get photoprism to work, on login screen I always get invalid credentials after a while, regardless of what password I put in the container settings.

image.thumb.png.7ed5d38d61ddbd05e2b6a2f95d066976.png

image.thumb.png.6eb73c4d0c12d4ea7f8b07d518ee5b19.png

My MariaDB is up and running, used in several other containers.

This is all I get in the docker log:

updating storage permissions...
running as uid 99:100
photoprism start
time="2021-08-06T23:11:37-04:00" level=info msg="webdav: /originals/ enabled, waiting for requests"
time="2021-08-06T23:11:37-04:00" level=info msg="webdav: /import/ enabled, waiting for requests"
time="2021-08-06T23:11:37-04:00" level=info msg="http: starting web server at 0.0.0.0:2342"

These are the folders created in appdata:

image.png.6f0f8c711f75253d36497a7ea09a3bf6.png

Any idea what could be wrong?

3 hours ago, shpitz461 said:

Any idea what could be wrong?

Try to reset the password by opening up a console window from the container (click on the Photoprism Icon on the Docker page and click on Console) and type in:

photoprism passwd

After that you should be able to change the password.

After that restart the container and try to login again.

1 hour ago, Masterwishx said:

Is it best to use included sqllite or mysql from mariadb? 

If you are going to import a huge library it would be best to use MariaDB.

1 hour ago, Masterwishx said:

PhotoPrism is for single user only? 

Yes, for now it is single user only, but I think the developers plan to make it multi user if I'm not mistaken, take a look at Github. ;)

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Try to reset the password

Wow, that worked, thanks much!

On login screen the blue bar at the top reached almost to the end, but eventually it did log me in.

I've started scanning my originals folder, 50,110 photos, finally seeing activity in the log creating thumbnails.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please look 4 posts above:

Thanks ich777

I have reset passwd via console however still no luck. 

I deleted mariadb and photoprism and setup from scratch again with the passwd reset and im still not able to login.

this is the photoprism log, not certain what these errors are. This is a result of a fresh install of both mariadb and photoprism.

1273936623_photoprismsetup.thumb.jpg.1ddeff4ccedf9be3e12976714ca598e2.jpg1877915219_photoprismerror.jpg.ae45789ccf4727f92fa4fbd89bcb847b.jpg

Edited by UnBeastRaid
3 minutes ago, UnBeastRaid said:

this is the photoprism log, not certain what these errors are. This is a result of a fresh install of both mariadb and photoprism.

Something seems wrong with the database connection.

Have you deleted the database for photoprism?

• Like 1