[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

On 10/20/2020 at 6:09 PM, ich777 said:

Go into your Nextcloud template and create a new path Container: '/mnt/external_photoprism_storage' and for the host path you have to select the photoprism import folder on your Unraid box.

Thanks for advice, I have a question:

you mean to link /external..... to /import of PhotoPrism? 

Will be no errors if two dockers using one share? 

If no, I can use /pictures from PhotoPrism to use as /PhotoPrism pictures in Nextcloud to see all photos in Nextcloud too? 

Is Nextcloud autoloader is good enough for syncing photos from phones or maybe syncing or rsync is better to use? 

1 hour ago, Masterwishx said:

Will be no errors if two dockers using one share?

That depends, I would only recommend to mount the import or consume folder to Nextcloud because if you are doing it the other way around with the photos folder amd you delete a picture from this folder Photoprism has no way of knowing that you deleted it because it relies on a Database where Nextcloud thinks this is only a directory woth photos.

You can of course mount the folder in Nextcloud with read only so you don't destroy the Database and the folder structure accidentally...

Hope that makes sense to you...

1 hour ago, Masterwishx said:

Is Nextcloud autoloader is good enough for syncing photos from phones or maybe syncing or rsync is better to use? 

I don't understand what you mean with this but I think you mean the automatic upload...

I configured the automatic upload to a custom folder in Nextcloud on my Android phone when WLAN is available and the phone is charged and it works flawlessly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d2dyno said:

I'm getting the same error over and over on the new debian apt mirror docker:

---Something went horribly wrong, can't find the mirror directory!---

Even though from within the container, I can see/ls the directory:

Stop the container and try to delete the directory that was created for the debian mirror, then restart the container again.

Please keep in mind you have to recreate your configuration file.

Have you stopped the container once?

Please keep an eye on the logs.

On 8/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, ich777 said:

That depends, I would only recommend to mount the import or consume folder to Nextcloud because if you are doing it the other way around with the photos folder amd you delete a picture from this folder Photoprism has no way of knowing that you deleted it because it relies on a Database where Nextcloud thinks this is only a directory woth photos.

You can of course mount the folder in Nextcloud with read only so you don't destroy the Database and the folder structure accidentally...

Hope that makes sense to you...

I don't understand what you mean with this but I think you mean the automatic upload...

I configured the automatic upload to a custom folder in Nextcloud on my Android phone when WLAN is available and the phone is charged and it works flawlessly.

Sorry for late response my main comp is offline (watercooling building) 

Yes I meaned auto uploading, so i did like you wrote, it's working OK. 

It's good idea to make read only folder for Nextcloud (you meaned import folder or/and photos too) 

The problem is we don't have option for delete files in PhotoPrism. it's paid option :(. So we can use only next cloud for deleting photos in thouse shared by both apps folders. 

@ich777

is PHOTOPRISM_AUTO_IMPORT is this for webdav only ?

we have 180 sec by defualt in docker.

i dont see that auto import working for import folder of photoprism.

also in log nothing about auto import from import folder

only i see in log auto indexing working every 3-5 min but not import ,

how to fix it ?

Thanks

Edited by Masterwishx
On 7/2/2021 at 7:06 PM, ich777 said:

I will loom into this but give me some time please, I will push the update for now that is working with Intel in the next few days and report back to you what my findings are in Nvidia.

@ich777

Any luck with this?

I'm currently running into the same problem where I'd like to use my P2000 to transcode the Owncast stream. Seems like there are some dependencies missing and ffmpeg needs to be built with nvenc support. 

Edited by Kashiro
2 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

is PHOTOPRISM_AUTO_IMPORT is this for webdav only ?

Please look here: Click

2 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

i dont see that auto import working for import folder of photoprism.

also in log nothing about auto import from import folder

only i see in log auto indexing working every 3-5 min but not import ,

how to fix it ?

I don't know your configuration, can you share a screenshot from your template?

Seems like something is not configured properly.

1 hour ago, Kashiro said:

Any luck with this?

Haven't looked into it yet.

1 hour ago, Kashiro said:

Seems like there are some dependencies missing and ffmpeg needs to be built with nvenc support. 

Dependencies are not missing but ffmpeg needs to be compiled with NVENC support to get this working and I simply haven't got time yet to look into this, anyways Intel and AMD iGPUs/dGPUs should work fine for now.

This is something that is on my to do list but no ETA yet.

29 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Haven't looked into it yet.

Dependencies are not missing but ffmpeg needs to be compiled with NVENC support to get this working and I simply haven't got time yet to look into this, anyways Intel and AMD iGPUs/dGPUs should work fine for now.

This is something that is on my to do list but no ETA yet.

Sadly haven't got an iGPU as I'm running on Ryzen. I'll be waiting patiently then :D Thanks!

• Like 1

@Mr_Jay84 & @Kashiro Owncast should now fully support NVENC encoding.

Please force a update from the Docker page for the container (grafik.png.a4268db5ae0843eb2d61667b7d5ea5e6.png) of course also add the necessary Variables

• Key: NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES
    Value: YOURGPUUID
  • Key: NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES
    Value: all
  • Don't forget to add '--runtime=nvidia' at the Extra Parameters with advanced view turned on.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi!

i'm trying to route my jDownloader Docker through your openVPN Docker.

Atm jDownloader loads with 9kb/s so i think maybe i should pay more attention to this:

To tunnel traffic from another container through this container edit the template from the other container, set the 'Network Type' to: 'None', enable the advanced view in the top right corner and at 'Extra Parameters' add the following: '--net=container:OpenVPN-Client' (replace 'OpenVPN-Client' with the name of this container if you choose a different name for it) and write down the port(s) that you need to connect to.
After that go back to edit this containers template and add the port that you have noted in the above step to this container and click 'Apply' now you can connect to the container that you tunneld the traffic though this container.

... and write down the ports that you need = the ports that are shown in the docker allocations?

ports.png.5fc3aea6b01caf54b900e5bd38c8960d.png

After that go back to edit this containers template and add the port that you have noted in the above step to this container and click 'Apply'... >>> "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"? i configured 3 ports (3219, 5800, 5900) like this:

ex1.png.da9e194d4e7d9d19b5547ae36185ca2c.png

now i can't reach myjdownloader anymore... without these 3 ports configs (but with network none / extra parameter '--net=container:OpenVPN-Client') i could at least reach mydownloader and access webgui (extremely poor performance).

what am i missing?

2 hours ago, pika said:

now i can't reach myjdownloader anymore...

JDownloader runs on the port 8080 for the noVNC insode the container...

Create a port with Container Port 8080 amd as the Host Port choose whatever you want in your OpenVPN template.

Then you should be able to connect to the WebGUI with the IPfromOPENVPNCONTAINER:HOSTPORT

Do you run more VNC container through the OpenVPN container?

8080 is used by another container, is this the port?

vnc.thumb.png.00086877dca2d3d223ac044eea639819.png

5900 is already configured with container 5900 and host 5900. (see screen above)

tried with container 5900 and host 27445 but i can't access through the container ip:27445

this is the container ip, right? (different ip range from my lan)

image.png.929804d1ca8e075b7a0fe412067127b7.png

12 minutes ago, pika said:

8080 is used by another container, is this the port?

Oh sorry, this isn't my container, my bad.

this is the container ip, right? (different ip range from my lan)

No, this isn't the container IP, the container IP is usually your unRAID IP as displayed on your Docker page.

5900 is already configured with container 5900 and host 5900.

I wouldn't use port 5900 since this is also used by VM's, try something different or at least you can configure it like in this template with the Container Port 5900 and Host Port 7907 in the OpenVPN template and delete this port entry first from your JDownloader template to avoid conflicts.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I wouldn't use port 5900 since this is also used by VM's, ...

i don't have any VM's running and i had no problems with the jDownloader Docker before i tried to route the traffic through the openVPN Docker.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

you can configure it like in this template with the Container Port 5900 and Host Port 7907 in the OpenVPN template and delete this port entry first from your JDownloader template to avoid conflicts.

i should remove the VNC Port for GUI entry from jDownloader container?

just to elaborate:

1) i always connected to jDownloader via myjDownloader (not VNC)

2) i set up my openVPN connection and routed the traffic from the jDownloader Container through the openVPN Container (extra parameters: --net=container:OpenVPN-Client /// no ports configured in openVPN >> i could access myjDownloader but the download speed (and the interface response time) were terrible

3) configured the ports in openVPN container >> myjDownloader not reachable.

edit: i could use your jDownloader Docker if that makes any difference (and you could take my hand and show me the magic :))

Edited by pika
28 minutes ago, pika said:

2) i set up my openVPN connection and routed the traffic from the jDownloader Container through the openVPN Container (extra parameters: --net=container:OpenVPN-Client /// no ports configured in openVPN >> i could access myjDownloader but the download speed (and the interface response time) were terrible

Don't know what's causing the slow download speeds since the container works fine on a few instances that I know, even up to 1GBit/s without a problem.

I suspect that the VPN slows down the connection but for what reason I can't tell.

30 minutes ago, pika said:

configured the ports in openVPN container >> myjDownloader not reachable.

May I ask what the ports are for? You basically have to create a port for the noVNC webport in the OpenVPN container and/or for the VNC server if you want to connect directly to it.

32 minutes ago, pika said:

i should remove the VNC Port for GUI entry from jDownloader container?

If you want to configure it in the OpenVPN container, yes, I would recommend that.

33 minutes ago, pika said:

i could use your jDownloader Docker if that makes any difference (and you could take my hand and show me the magic :))

Don't think it would make any difference because it's jDownloader and all of the containers use the same base I think...

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I suspect that the VPN slows down the connection but for what reason I can't tell.

that's what i thought. tried with my desktop pc + vpn connection and had ~ fullspeed.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

May I ask what the ports are for? You basically have to create a port for the noVNC webport in the OpenVPN container and/or for the VNC server if you want to connect directly to it.

according to the container description it was VNC and Webgui. i never used either of these connections (always myjDownloader).

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If you want to configure it in the OpenVPN container, yes, I would recommend that.

still not reachable.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Don't think it would make any difference because it's jDownloader and all of the containers use the same base I think...

i will still give this a try later, so at least you know what i'm talking about!

copied from wrong thread:

i don't know why, but when using the host option with teamspeak dockers, i keep getting time outs on the clients. Didn't have this before. From the point i assigned it a dedicated ip, it has been stable for 24 hours . . . (or atleast till now)

Any idea why this is @ich777 ( i assume its an unraid thing, but can't be sure)