[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

40 minutes ago, alturismo said:

ok, so now we can say its not a jdown docker issue, its more a ovpn docker with your rpovider when you get better speeds on your test with your vpn app on your desktop pc when i remember correctly.

yes, thats correct. there's also a docker for my provider. i'll give it a try with later! or is there anything else i could do?

edit: 17 mb/s with the nordvpn docker.

Edited by pika
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you try if you can download the Linux x64-BIT version from here from your local computer?

Have you got any blocking software like AdGuard or PiHole in your network installed?

I've also rebuilt the container now, please update the container itself on the Docker page by clicking "force update".

Btw, a simple restart will try to download the Thunderbird files again.

Thanks the update fixed everything all working again, and yes I user pihole-dot-doh . 

• Like 1

Forgive me my unknowingness but you "Ferdi-Client" App is my first "active" docker app. 

I already use Pihole or some OCR apps as docker but in this cases these dockers are just "services" for me - configured and forgotton :)

But in this case I want to use your ferdi client on a daily basis to save memory on my MacMini M1. 

So I installed Ferdi, fired it up and want to connect via VNC Viewer by entering the IP of my server plus the port 8080 - but wasn't able to achieve this. 

Is there something I need to change or can dockers (in general) only be used within a browser.  🙈

1 hour ago, Maddeen said:

So I installed Ferdi, fired it up and want to connect via VNC Viewer by entering the IP of my server plus the port 8080 - but wasn't able to achieve this. 

You can actually do that but you have to create another port in the template, the port 8080 is only for noVNC.

In the template simply click on Add another port, variable,... -> select "Port" from the dropdown -> as container you have to port specify 5900 -> as host port you can enter whatever you like but I would recommend to choose something different than 5900 because the VMs also use 5900, 5901,...

Then you should be able to connect via a VNC client with: YOURUNRAIDIP:YOURPORT

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Maddeen said:

So if I understand you right, this configuration is mandatory for every docker that doesn't provide this by default, right? 

Jep, at least for my containers.

I dosn't provide this port by default to avoid conflicts in the first place.

• Thanks 1

@ich777 Sadly using VNC isn't a good option.

Resizing/scaling of the services within Ferdi wont work when resizing the vnc window. (see screenshot)

Is there any way that the service recognize the resizing and being "responsive"??

Or is there any other way that I can run those apps on my client without a browser... some kind like citrix does with their "virtual app feature" where app running remotely and using the ressources of the remote server but can be used independent on a client.

Using this kind of apps in a browser feels some kind of "useless" - because you cant move/resize it detached from your browser and if you close your browser you instantly close - as in my case - Twitter, WhatsApp, Slack as well :(

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-27 um 12.12.25.png

11 minutes ago, Maddeen said:

work when resizing the vnc window

Try another VNC client, eventually your client doesn't support it.

With the TurboVNC client on Widnows it works flawlessly.

Eventually look if there is a scaling option in your VNC client.

Also here is the link to the Downloads from TurboVNC there should be a download for OSX too.

11 minutes ago, Maddeen said:

Using this kind of apps in a browser feels some kind of "useless" - because you cant move/resize it detached from your browser and if you close your browser you instantly close - as in my case - Twitter, WhatsApp, Slack as well :(

Even if you close the web window it should stay open and not exit the app itslef.

I really don't know if there is another option on OSX as I'm only using Windows and Linux.

• Thanks 1

Hit and sunk! TurboVNC seems to be the best choice. Rescaling works now. Thanks for that!

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Even if you close the web window it should stay open and not exit the app itslef.

Translation error/misunderstanding :) 

The app itselfs sure stays open because it's running on the server. But it's not running on my client anymore :) 

Sometimes I close Safari completely but still running WhatsApp, Twitter, Slack as "native apps" -- so I can use them "decoupled" from running Safari.  

But that is - obviously - not possible when you use dockers within in the browser. So VNC is a good solution - because now I can close my browser but WhatsApp can still be used due to TurboVNC

But I'll search the web for an alternative to Citrix - because this is the "best you can get" solution when looking for running remote hosted apps on a client seamlessly. Maybe I'll find some useful stuff. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day and stay healthy! 

2 hours ago, Maddeen said:

Maybe I'll find some useful stuff. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day and stay healthy! 

I think there are way better solutions out there then Citrix... 😅

You can also install Docker on your Mac and there are some Docker containers out there that create actually a X window and you have a local containerized installed application, I once made such containers but I decided to use the apps on unRAID instead.

We use Citrix on our work clients and I'm pretty impressed due to the features and the complete native behavior. 

My goal to achieve is, that I use the resources of my unRaid server to run the apps while having the same usage experience if I installed the app right on my Macmini :) 

We use Citrix on our work clients and I'm pretty impressed due to the features and the complete native behavior. 

I know these too but, there are free alternitaves out there (also including Docker) that work even better. ;)

My goal to achieve is, that I use the resources of my unRaid server to run the apps while having the same usage experience if I installed the app right on my Macmini :) 

That's something that can be a little difficult... Eventually that's possible with something else but not a VNC connection, but TurboVNC also support HW acceleration and so on, but that can be sometimes be a little difficult to set up.

• Like 1

Yes but some things - as far as I read out - cant be solved. Links for example.

If I hit a link in any of the services (Twitter, Feedly etc) within Ferdi it wont work because he dont know how to open the browser on the client side.

Citrix for example is able to open links published in remote applications with local resources.

But maybe this feature lags only in the macOS version of turboVNC.. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Maddeen said:

Yes but some things - as far as I read out - cant be solved. Links for example.

If I hit a link in any of the services (Twitter, Feedly etc) within Ferdi it wont work because he dont know how to open the browser on the client side.

Exactly but you can circumvent that too or better speaking that's also possible. ;)

Also keep in mind that you always can run a full Debian container with everything installed or side loaded and you will have no problems. ;)

7 minutes ago, Maddeen said:

Citrix

Please let us not talk about that further, I have really bad experiences with them and they have a really bad place in my head, also their support from my perspective is really bad and they simply can't solve problems quick enough so that a company will loose money...

But that is only my opinion... Had just really bad experiences with them.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2021 at 6:51 PM, ich777 said:

@Mr_Jay84 & @Kashiro Owncast should now fully support NVENC encoding.

Please force a update from the Docker page for the container (grafik.png.a4268db5ae0843eb2d61667b7d5ea5e6.png) of course also add the necessary Variables

• Key: NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES
    Value: YOURGPUUID
  • Key: NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES
    Value: all
  • Don't forget to add '--runtime=nvidia' at the Extra Parameters with advanced view turned on.

Nice one mate. I'll give this a try later on!

• Like 1
On 8/23/2021 at 6:51 PM, ich777 said:

@Mr_Jay84 & @Kashiro Owncast should now fully support NVENC encoding.

Please force a update from the Docker page for the container (grafik.png.a4268db5ae0843eb2d61667b7d5ea5e6.png) of course also add the necessary Variables

• Key: NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES
    Value: YOURGPUUID
  • Key: NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES
    Value: all
  • Don't forget to add '--runtime=nvidia' at the Extra Parameters with advanced view turned on.

Forced the update today with the settings quoted.

---Owncast v0.0.8 up-to-date---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
time="2021-08-30T16:00:21+01:00" level=info msg="Owncast v0.0.8-linux-64bit (f5a045dedc7d60e58e1c22b8f6472007738f0d6e)"
time="2021-08-30T16:00:21+01:00" level=info msg="Video transcoder started using VA-API with 1 stream variants."
time="2021-08-30T16:00:21+01:00" level=error msg="vaapi not enabled. either your copy of ffmpeg does not support it, your hardware does not support it, or you need to install additional drivers for your hardware."

time="2021-08-30T16:00:21+01:00" level=error msg="failed to set va-api device to /dev/dri/renderD128. your system is likely not properly configured for va-api"

time="2021-08-30T16:00:21+01:00" level=error msg="transcoding error. look at data/logs/transcoder.log to help debug. your copy of ffmpeg may not support your selected codec of h264_vaapi https://owncast.online/docs/troubleshooting/#codecs"

time="2021-08-30T16:00:21+01:00" level=info msg="RTMP is accepting inbound streams on port 1935."
time="2021-08-30T16:00:21+01:00" level=info msg="Web server is listening on IP 0.0.0.0 port 8080."
time="2021-08-30T16:00:21+01:00" level=info msg="The web admin interface is available at /admin."

On 7/8/2021 at 4:11 AM, ich777 said:

Can you try to reinstall the container with this tag again:

grafik.png.4bb37155858ff9adbe56a78b4404c9bc.png

The creator from the container updated it yesterday again and I think it should now work.

ok, I just reinstalled, hopefully it goes better, not an issue with this docker stopped so it is definitely something with it.

I will update if I have more issues.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, kri kri said:

Stupid Krusader quetion - when doing a file move/copy, is there a way to just have it not create a new tab that takes up the entire session? 

Can you send me a screenshot from what you mean exactly?

I don't have that issue on a new install from Krusader, I see the progress on top in Krusader itself and no new tab is opened.

12 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

Watched spaceinvader rclone video and mention this plugin. Why I don't see the other folders in /mnt/ ? Thank you.

there is so much wrong with this one sentence 🙂  🙂 

firstly the app you are running is called krusader and isnt rclone, secondly its not a plugin its docker container, and thirdly ich777 does not have a docker image or plugin for rclone or krusader so you are in the wrong support thread, apart from that your post makes perfect sense :-), ich777's comment should get you going.

• Like 1

Thanks @ich777 I got it working.

Hello @binhex I don't think I'm on the wrong support thread. It's true that I'm setting up rclone and following up the steps of @SpaceInvaderOne but as I said, he mention this app/plugin/docker and if you watch the tutorial video, the image I attached earlier is different from the YT video so I asked here. If I'm on the wrong support thread, should I ask on the rclone thread when my concern is on this app/plugin/docker? 😀

Edited by HHUBS