[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

A simple restart from the container after a backup should do the jop too from what I know.

I'm in a middle of a backup right now (doing a server upgrade), but yeah. I realized after posting, that there's an option to reboot the LuckyBackup after it's done it's cron-job, which should do the same effect. I'll try that later.

Just now, REllU said:

I realized after posting, that there's an option to reboot the LuckyBackup after it's done it's cron-job, which should do the same effect. I'll try that later.

The reboot switch doesn't work, that I can tell for sure but if you run it through user scripts you can simply do: 'docker luckyBackup restart'

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

The reboot switch doesn't work, that I can tell for sure but if you run it through user scripts you can simply do: 'docker luckyBackup restart'

Right, in that case, I could just have a restart every day through the user scripts, after the backup work is done :thinking:

Thanks!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, REllU said:

I could just have a restart every day through the user scripts

as i also use the cron and how i solved this to get a updated GUI

in my default job i added a execution after last job to create a check file

image.thumb.png.a761fa3353e5a4953d4e40de59934de6.png

edit, advanced, execute, after

image.thumb.png.aa04debabceb41ec90723e41f24298b0.png

now i created a user script which checks the last mod time

#!/bin/bash

donefile="/mnt/cache/appdata/luckybackup/check"     ### file created/redone by luckybackup after complete
waittime="10800"                                    ### time in seconds to check age
dockname="luckybackup"                              ### case sensitive name for docker to restart

if [ "$(( $(date +"%s") - $(stat -c "%Y" $donefile) ))" -gt $waittime ]; then
   echo $donefile is too old
else
   docker restart $dockname
   echo $dockname restarted
fi

which will restart the docker when the file was modified within the last 3 hours (10800 seconds)

my cron in user scripts looks like (3 hour tasks but only 3 x)

image.thumb.png.d2836468274fe6dbadbc5bca86bc2af9.png

by adjusting the times this could be adjusted, my lucky job runs at 3.35 and should always be finished by 4.55 (1st run of user script), but just in case it will rerun later in terms the job wasnt done ... and it wont restart the docker while its in a backup state.

may as idea how to solve this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, kri kri said:

Anyone know how to change the color theme in the Text Editor? I see the color options but I can't select anything other than the default. 

Thank you for the report. :)

Please update the container by turning on the Advanced View on the Docker page and click grafik.png.67f425b5090124ab07d9f7d2bdaa3997.png (recommend to turn off Advanced View after updating the container), should be fixed now:

grafik.thumb.png.1a48cd6fad7bbefc98bdb7b321d55a0e.png

• Like 1

Hi @ich777,

Thanks for the MEGA container. Can you help me with the configuration? The note says I need to create another entry if I want to sync from and to MEGA. How can I do this? This is my entry

image.png.9bf0802c897a8753a116c15e710c4ad9.png

I entered it that way because if I didn't do that, I can't locate the local folder on the sync settings on MEGA. However, I cannot access it on my unraid share. It says I don't have access. I tried to set permissions on MEGA but no avail.

33 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

I entered it that way because if I didn't do that, I can't locate the local folder on the sync settings on MEGA. However, I cannot access it on my unraid share. It says I don't have access. I tried to set permissions on MEGA but no avail.

This is completely wrong I think...

In this example start by creating a share like MEGASync on unRAID itself, then get the MegaSync container from the CA App and delete the entry that has /mnt/user in it and create a new one with the Container Path /mnt/MEGASync and the Host Path /mnt/users/MEGASync <- this is the share that you've created, after that start the container and select at the step where you have to enter a folder that you want to sync /mnt/MEGASync, done, now you should be able to put files in the share that you've created on unRAID and it should sync to Mega and vice versa (keep in mind that big files can take quite some time to sync depending on your up-/download speed).

Please don't try to set permissions, you can make things worse... The container sets the permissions on every start/restart.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is completely wrong I think...

In this example start by creating a share like MEGASync on unRAID itself, then get the MegaSync container from the CA App and delete the entry that has /mnt/user in it and create a new one with the Container Path /mnt/MEGASync and the Host Path /mnt/users/MEGASync <- this is the share that you've created, after that start the container and select at the step where you have to enter a folder that you want to sync /mnt/MEGASync, done, now you should be able to put files in the share that you've created on unRAID and it should sync to Mega and vice versa (keep in mind that big files can take quite some time to sync depending on your up-/download speed).

Please don't try to set permissions, you can make things worse... The container sets the permissions on every start/restart.

Followed your guide but still can't access the share. (I have right permission on the unraid share).

Here's the volume mapping:

image.png.040c3098bfcdc735bf2e9ac1df110f0f.png

Here's the MEGA settings:

image.png.f7d13a3662bd2adfd4d4ac59db07b7aa.png

Here's the unraid share:

image.png.1cf9f6fdf3a245ddd4adb28052aa43e8.png

What could be wrong? Did I missed something?

9 hours ago, HHUBS said:

Followed your guide but still can't access the share. (I have right permission on the unraid share).

I tried it now, go to the settings from the folder, click on "Permissions" and set it like this:

grafik.png.794178aa26711ef19a0772da1bd46449.png

After you've done this run once 'chmod -R 777 /mnt/user/MEGASync' (without quotes) from an unRAID terminal and restart the container, this should fix the issue.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, JamesAdams said:

@ich777Hi,

I would like to create a docker image for the tidaldl GUI software here, do you have a tutorial to create images for the gui software?

Thanks. 😀

Not really bacause this depends on the application you want to run.

You can take for example a look at my luckyBackup container or the DirSyncPro container.

Feel also free to try it with my novnc-baseimage, it has basically everything in it to run a GUI application.

You can also send me a link to your repo if you made the first steps.

46 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Not really bacause this depends on the application you want to run.

You can take for example a look at my luckyBackup container or the DirSyncPro container.

Feel also free to try it with my novnc-baseimage, it has basically everything in it to run a GUI application.

You can also send me a link to your repo if you made the first steps.

Ok, thanks

9 hours ago, Orthopox said:

I'm new to using luckyBackup so this might be a stupid question but is it possible to schedule my tasks to run every 15 minutes? I'm backing up game saves so I'm not worried about transfer times. 

Sure thing, since luckyBackup is using Cron you can do it like that:

grafik.thumb.png.1b3251198b56ca1fd085ea56286c16e9.png

Please note that if you are using the snapshot feature that you only see the snapshots after restarting the container, @REllU wrote here a guide on how to do that within luckyBackup.

This is actually a limitation from luckyBackup itself and nothing I can do about.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:47 PM, REllU said:

4. Before checking the "manage backup" button within LB, change the profile, and then go back to the profile you're using

5. Check the "manage backup" button, and ta-dah! The snapshot should be updated correctly!

Doesn't this do the same or better speaking update the backups?

grafik.png.e889d83ca689faf23805597531b63cc7.png

8 minutes ago, REllU said:

Would there be a command that could be ran after the profile, to refresh the profiles automatically? 🤔

Not really I think, I have to pull up the issue that you've created over on SourceForge but the developer doesn't answered yet to my last question, maybe he was affected by the fires over in Greece.

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Not really I think, I have to pull up the issue that you've created over on SourceForge but the developer doesn't answered yet to my last question, maybe he was affected by the fires over in Greece.

Either that, or he's just not too concerned about a free piece of software he created a long time ago :/

I tried the "refresh" button just now, and unfortunately, no dice :(

First, I ran the job through user-scripts, and opened the "manage backups" button, to see if the issue was still there (just in case)

It was, so now I pressed the "refresh" button. That didn't work, and the backup wasn't updated.

Then, I tried to run the cron-job again, and now, I tried to click on the "refresh" before opening the "manage backups" (since this is how it works with changing the profiles as well) and nothing.

Just to check I wasn't crazy, I tried it my way, running the cron-job, and then switching between two profiles, and checking the "manage backups", and it worked just fine.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, pika said:

@ich777 openVPN container but i still have the trouble with extremely slow speed.

This was already discussed in another thread on the German subforums with another VPN provider and was solved by contacting the support from the VPN itself.

I would strongly recommend to contacting NordVPN about slow speeds on OpenVPN and the container from dperson.

• Like 1