[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

1 hour ago, Turnspit said:

Your checkmk-RAW docker is running on version 1.5.something, while there's already 2.0 out for a while (also as docker).

Yes I know, this was actually a safety move because the newer version crashed unRAID on some systems but I wasn't able to figure out why.

You can do that by changing the repository to:

checkmk/check-mk-raw:2.0.0-latest

Like:

grafik.png.00d7867031aca1cc8d9668cb7b2684e4.png

But keep in mind in the official Docker Readme also says to use 1.5.0

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Turnspit said:

And a fair warning - tried the latest 2.0

Yes, I also had it once with version 2.0 in the CA App but got reports that some servers crashed and moved back to 1.5.0

On my server and my app server, I don't have this issue at all with v2.0

But now I moved on to Prometheus and various plugins for Prometheus. Maybe also something for you to look into, already made a few plugins and there is also a thread about it in the Plugin Support subforums. ;)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I would strongly recommend to contacting NordVPN about slow speeds on OpenVPN and the container from dperson.

i made a test with openVPN Client for Windows and there i got much better speed.

should i still contact NordVPN or should i contact dperson?

11 minutes ago, pika said:

i made a test with openVPN Client for Windows and there i got much better speed.

But still not the exact speed that you get with the native client or am I wrong?

12 minutes ago, pika said:

should i still contact NordVPN or should i contact dperson?

Maybe try to create an issue on dperson's Github, maybe he experienced something similar.

It is also possible that a setting is wrong or needs to be changed to get better speed.

Hi and thanks for all the support.

I have been having trouble setting up photoprism and wonder if you have seen this before. My issue is photoprism looks for the mysql DB in a different IP address that the one in the template. See below:

image.thumb.png.015f0de61fcc18aaa15516952a63ca3b.png

image.thumb.png.3b46cb892e0939cf5be6264fa73edba0.png

These are the port mappings for the MariaDB DB:

172.22.0.2:3306/TCP192.168.1.14:3306

I have created a photoprism database there and give a photoprism user all rights.

21 minutes ago, GM_XIII said:

I have created a photoprism database there and give a photoprism user all rights.

Are the two containers in the same custom network bridge or how did you configured the networks of both containers?

I think this is a network issue of some kind or a database permission issue.

Make sure the syntax is like:

DBUSER:DBPASSWORD@tcp(DBIP:DBPORT)/photoprism?parseTime=true

Please note that in this case the database name is 'photoprism'.

Another note: if you have them on the same custom bridge network you also should be able to use the container name instead of the IP from the container, but this will only work if you have a custom bridge created and they are both in the same custom bridge.

How have you granted the usage to the database? Like in this example with a fixed IP:

GRANT USAGE ON photoprism.* TO 'photoprism'@192.168.1.1 IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword';

This could also cause problems because maybe the internal IP from the container is used and not the one from your network, I would recommend doing it like this with '%':

GRANT USAGE ON photoprism.* TO 'photoprism'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword';

With this you allow connections from any IP to the database.

• Like 2

Hello

First of all, thanks for creating so many useful dockers!

I want to create an offsite backup using the luckyBackup docker and connect to a raspberry (running raspian) using ssh. I read (in a german thread) that I should be able to use the ssh keys within the docker itself (/luckybackup/.ssh) and copy them using scp or ssh-copy-id.
My first problem is that even after copying the public keys onto the pi, I am still prompted to enter the password when ssh-ing into the pi from the luckyBackup console.
My more important problem: when I create a task and check the boxes for "Use remote host" and "ssh", enter the port and the private key location and click "validate" or "okay", the docker crashes with a segmentation fault, e.g.:
"/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 82: 107 Segmentation fault /usr/bin/luckybackup"
And the container restarts automatically.

Any help would be appreciated!

13 minutes ago, Simom said:

My first problem is that even after copying the public keys onto the pi, I am still prompted to enter the password when ssh-ing into the pi from the luckyBackup console.

What key are you using and do you want to sync to the Pi or from the Pi?

Do you copy the keys from the luckyBackup container to the Pi or the other way around. Keep in mind you ron't have to copy the whole certificate you only have to copy the public key to the Pi  in the authorized hosts file if you are connecting from luckyBackup to the Pi and in luckyBackup you have to select the keyfile and not the public key.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was using the ssh_host_rsa_key and want to have the Pi as my destination.

I opened the lucky backup terminal and copied the key using "scp ssh_host_rsa_key.pub [email protected]:/tmp" and then ran "cat /tmp/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub >> /home/pi/.ssh/authorized_keys" on the Pi.

image.thumb.png.0c64c22e0ae92859b67c7de3c38f0fc7.png

My luckyBackup task looks like this. After clicking validate, I got a Segmentation fault ("/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 82: 113 Segmentation fault /usr/bin/luckybackup") and the container restarted.

1 hour ago, Simom said:

I opened the lucky backup terminal and copied the key using "scp ssh_host_rsa_key.pub [email protected]:/tmp" and then ran "cat /tmp/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub >> /home/pi/.ssh/authorized_keys" on the Pi.

This looks correct to me, have to look into this on a fresh installation from luckyBackup since on my Backupserver it works just flawlessly, have you already restarted the Pi or the SSH Daemon after you've added the public key?

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This looks correct to me, have to look into this on a fresh installation from luckyBackup since on my Backupserver it works just flawlessly, have you already restarted the Pi or the SSH Daemon after you've added the public key?

Yes, I restarted the Pi after copying. Also set up a ubuntu VM to test and I am having the same issues.

Just ran it as root user and sadly it did not help

37 minutes ago, Simom said:

Yes, I restarted the Pi after copying. Also set up a ubuntu VM to test and I am having the same issues.

Just ran it as root user and sadly it did not help

Did you always get a segmentation fault?

Have you something set that luckyBackup is put into background?

I have another idea how to solve this, have to test this first.

Just now, ich777 said:

Did you always get a segmentation fault?

Have you something set that luckyBackup is put into background?

I have another idea how to solve this, have to test this first.

Yes, whenever I set up a remote task and click "validate" or "okay", the container restarts, and I can find a segmentation fault in the logs.
I am pretty sure that I didn't push it to the background; to be honest I would not know how to do it.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, ich777 said:

Have to look into this since on my backup server it runs without a problem.

Will soin it up today or tomorrow and test there a few things.

Maybe something is wrong with rsync.

I tested a little more and found that I can create (and run) remote tasks if I create a regular task first and then modify it to a remote one.

(I am also running as root user, have not tested without it yet)
I will try to narrow down the problem I am facing a little more and post an update in the next week.
Thanks for the help!

Edited by Simom
forgot a word
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

Running in Root mode ON , the viewver is working. but when launch editor haveing message " install Kate"

This should not happen, in my container I haven't installed Kate instead there should be Gedit.

Try to open up a terminal in the Krusader GUI and type in 'gedit' (without quotes).

Maybe look at the settings within Krusader the only thing that I can imagine is that the default text editor is reset somehow...

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This should not happen, in my container I haven't installed Kate instead there should be Gedit.

Try to open up a terminal in the Krusader GUI and type in 'gedit' (without quotes).

Maybe look at the settings within Krusader the only thing that I can imagine is that the default text editor is reset somehow...

i removed container ,deleted folder and reinstalled but having same isure , i will check it again ..

yes gedit is working with some errors in terminal 

image.thumb.png.c699eb9502fceca729dd8949ee9336af.png