[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But this isn't my container I think or am I wrong?

You're right. But the update of 2.17.1 affects your container in the same way. So I thought you might be interested in their solution about the module 'request' / node_helper problem. They're thought about adding the request module back as an npm dependency. 

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But a fresh install is working fine since I've tried that a few days ago.

I already got it back to work by fresh installing and not using the affected 3rd party modules in my config.js. But I'd still like to use those now turned off modules (GoogleFit, CalendarExt2, DarkSlyForecast, GooglePhotos etc.) 

Maybe you can try to add one of those modules in your own mirror just to see the problem? 

Edited by KronosMagna
35 minutes ago, KronosMagna said:

Maybe you can try to add one of those modules in your own mirror just to see the problem? 

I don't run MagicMirror2, this container where a request by @TGFNAS

Have to look into this when I got a little bit more spare time, but to be honest I don't know whenever that is... :/

On 10/6/2021 at 3:22 PM, KronosMagna said:

You're right. But the update of 2.17.1 affects your container in the same way. So I thought you might be interested in their solution about the module 'request' / node_helper problem. They're thought about adding the request module back as an npm dependency. 

I already got it back to work by fresh installing and not using the affected 3rd party modules in my config.js. But I'd still like to use those now turned off modules (GoogleFit, CalendarExt2, DarkSlyForecast, GooglePhotos etc.) 

So if anyone is having the same problem: This fixed it for me: 

1. Check the MagicMirror "Log" in the Docker Tab in Unraid. Remember all the modules, that show up before the "request" error in the log e.g. Google Fit

[06.10.2021 12:32.03.729] [ERROR] WARNING! Could not load config file. Starting with default configuration. Error found: Error: Cannot find module 'request'
Require stack:
- /magicmirror2/modules/MMM-GoogleFit/node_helper.js
- /magicmirror2/js/app.js
- /magicmirror2/serveronly/index.js
[06.10.2021 12:32.03.729] [LOG] Loading module helpers ...

2. Remove or Comment out all of those Modules in your config -*Dont remove them from the modules folder*

3. Restart the Container to get a working instance of MagicMirror

Bash into the Container in Unraid.

cd /magicmirror2/modules/MMM-GoogleFit

4. Type

5. Type: 

npm init -y

6. Type

npm install request --save

7. Add or Uncomment the config info in your config.js back again and restart the container. The modules should work again.

8. Repeat Step 3-5 for all modules that didnt work

9. ...

10. Profit

@ich777: From what I know, those changes get overruled after every Magicmirror/Container update. Any idea about how to make them permanent?

Edited by KronosMagna

@ich777: From what I know, those changes get overruled after every Magicmirror/Container update. Any idea about how to make them permanent?

The container is not updated that often because the container updates MagicMirror2 itself.
What would happen if these commands are executed on every start/restart from the container?

Sent from my C64

@ich777

Unforunatly im still too nobbish to test that out yet. I'd need to execute those commands for every module before the Mirror "boot" is complete. I cant do that with the unraid console. But if you have a way to add those commands for every module, that might be a good fix. Alternative idea: 

When you yourself created the container, you added this awesome (/modules/modules.txt) file that installes modules on its own (its magic IMO😄). There's the option for a Y to trigger an npm install and N to dont do that. Maybe you can add

npm init -y
npm install request --save

after that command?

Remember, I just have basic knowlege. Maybe someone else can review this idea for a permanent fix?

@ich777
Unforunatly im still too nobbish to test that out yet. I'd need to execute those commands for every module before the Mirror "boot" is complete. I cant do that with the unraid console. But if you have a way to add those commands for every module, that might be a good fix. Alternative idea: 
When you yourself created the container, you added this awesome (/modules/modules.txt) file that installes modules on its own (its magic IMO). There's the option for a Y to trigger an npm install and N to dont do that. Maybe you can add
npm init -ynpm install request --save

after that command?
Remember, I just have basic knowlege. Maybe someone else can review this idea for a permanent fix?

Have to look into this how this could be solved.

But I think it would not harm if these commands would run on every restart or am I wrong?

With Y and N is a good idea but could cause problems on existing installations.

It would not harm the modules of these commands are run on every container start or am I wrong?

I could check right before MagicMirror2 starts which modules are installed and execute this commands for every installed module.
Or is maybe the command wrong that I use now for installing the modules? Currently it runns only 'npm install'.

Sent from my C64

@ich777Ok so 1st of, I want to be able to sync to google drive (Its a sso where you go to another website to authenticate).

so with move and rename, it would like what goodsync has here

File and Folder
Move/Rename Detection

GoodSync detects file/folder renames and executes them as Move commands.

So rather, than deleting the file on the destination, when on the source, it has just been renamed or moved. luckybackup would just rename or move the file on the destination, rather than uploading the same file again.

I hope this makes a bit better sense.

1 hour ago, Goldmaster said:

luckybackup

Now we are talking, didn't know which app you've meant... :)

I want to be able to sync to google drive

This could be done with rclone or at least that you mount the Google drive to your server.

So rather, than deleting the file on the destination, when on the source, it has just been renamed or moved. luckybackup would just rename or move the file on the destination, rather than uploading the same file again.

luckyBackup would write the file again because it doesn't has that feature like Goodsync.

luckyBackup uses rsync as backend.

I pulled down your Lidarr docker and tried to fire it up but it keeps failing on the first install.  here's a copy of the log.  FWIW I installed your Sonarr yesterday without any issues.

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

---Lidarr not found, downloading and installing v1.0.0.2255...---
---Successfully downloaded Lidarr v1.0.0.2255---
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/lidarr/Lidarr’: File exists
tar: This does not look like a tar archive

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

---Preparing Server---
---Starting Lidarr---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 116: /lidarr/Lidarr/Lidarr: No such file or directory
usermod: no changes
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

---Preparing Server---
---Starting Lidarr---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 116: /lidarr/Lidarr/Lidarr: No such file or directory
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

---Preparing Server---
---Starting Lidarr---

---Preparing Server---
---Starting Lidarr---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

I pulled down your Lidarr docker and tried to fire it up but it keeps failing on the first install.  here's a copy of the log.  FWIW I installed your Sonarr yesterday without any issues.

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user------Checking if GID: 100 matches user------Setting umask to 0000------Checking for optional scripts------No optional script found, continuing------Starting...------Version Check------Lidarr not found, downloading and installing v1.0.0.2255...------Successfully downloaded Lidarr v1.0.0.2255---mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/lidarr/Lidarr’: File existstar: This does not look like a tar archivegzip: stdin: not in gzip formattar: Child returned status 1tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now---Preparing Server------Starting Lidarr---/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 116: /lidarr/Lidarr/Lidarr: No such file or directory---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---usermod: no changes---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---usermod: no changes---Setting umask to 0000------Checking for optional scripts------No optional script found, continuing------Starting...------Version Check------Lidarr not found, downloading and installing v1.0.0.2255...------Successfully downloaded Lidarr v1.0.0.2255---mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/lidarr/Lidarr’: File existstar: This does not look like a tar archivegzip: stdin: not in gzip formattar: Child returned status 1tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now---Preparing Server------Starting Lidarr---/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 116: /lidarr/Lidarr/Lidarr: No such file or directory---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---usermod: no changes---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---usermod: no changes---Setting umask to 0000------Checking for optional scripts------No optional script found, continuing------Starting...------Version Check------Lidarr not found, downloading and installing v1.0.0.2255...------Successfully downloaded Lidarr v1.0.0.2255---mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/lidarr/Lidarr’: File existstar: This does not look like a tar archivegzip: stdin: not in gzip formattar: Child returned status 1tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now---Preparing Server------Starting Lidarr---/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 116: /lidarr/Lidarr/Lidarr: No such file or directory---Successfully downloaded Lidarr v1.0.0.2255---mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/lidarr/Lidarr’: File existstar: This does not look like a tar archivegzip: stdin: not in gzip formattar: Child returned status 1tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now---Preparing Server------Starting Lidarr---/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 116: /lidarr/Lidarr/Lidarr: No such file or directory---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---usermod: no changes---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---usermod: no changes---Setting umask to 0000------Checking for optional scripts------No optional script found, continuing------Starting...------Version Check------Lidarr not found, downloading and installing v1.0.0.2255...------Successfully downloaded Lidarr v1.0.0.2255---mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/lidarr/Lidarr’: File existstar: This does not look like a tar archivegzip: stdin: not in gzip formattar: Child returned status 1tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Thank you for the report, will look into this ASAP.

Sent from my C64

2 hours ago, dalben said:

Please try to change the install tag to 'latest' instead of 'nightly':

grafik.thumb.png.8cc2cc15e240eb1efe0a77e6cc271bcf.png

I would recommend that you first delete the container and also the lidarr directory that was created in your appdata folder.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please try to change the install tag to 'latest' instead of 'nightly':

grafik.thumb.png.8cc2cc15e240eb1efe0a77e6cc271bcf.png

I would recommend that you first delete the container and also the lidarr directory that was created in your appdata folder.

OK, I deleted the lot and started again.  It works with latest.  Thanks.

I did see these warnings come up:

fpcalc could not be found. Audio fingerprinting disabled.
Please upgrade to the .NET Core version of Lidarr

Everything seems to work fine though

HLS streams are segmented streams and cant be downloaded just like that ... specially if they use ABR and/or AR ...

so even if ffmpeg would be installed you would get a remuxed stream in "some" quality, depending on your startup bandwith ...
so i wouldnt recommend to download a HLS stream via a downloader app like this ...

as ist prolly debian based, check docker console and try

apt-get update

apt-get install ffmpeg

then give it a try ;)

18 hours ago, Greyberry said:

When a link from tvthek.orf.at is put into Jdownloader2, there shows up a Window about ffmpeg, which i can not close. 😛

(Sry, screenshot is in german)

Simply press "ENTER" when this message appears and it will install FFmpeg.

Btw. no problem since I'm from Austria I can read it. :D