[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

38 minutes ago, xorinzor said:

Do you experience any issues using Proton in the DebianBuster-Nvidia container?

Games such as Fallout 4 & The Witcher 3 which are (according to protondb.com) very compatible, just won't launch.

I've only ran lightweight games on it with Proton back in the days.

Astroneer for example and it ran fine.

Maybe a dependency is missing for it. Is WINE still needed for Proton, at least it was needed back in the early days from Proton by some games.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I've only ran lightweight games on it with Proton back in the days.

Astroneer for example and it ran fine.

Maybe a dependency is missing for it. Is WINE still needed for Proton, at least it was needed back in the early days from Proton by some games.

Seems like it's something else going on.

/bin/sh\0-c\0/debian/.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=292030 -- '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/SteamLinuxRuntime_soldier'/_v2-entry-point --verb=waitforexitandrun -- '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/Proton - Experimental'/proton waitforexitandrun  '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/The Witcher 3/bin/x64/witcher3.exe'\0
Game process added : AppID 292030 "/debian/.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=292030 -- '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/SteamLinuxRuntime_soldier'/_v2-entry-point --verb=waitforexitandrun -- '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/Proton - Experimental'/proton waitforexitandrun  '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/The Witcher 3/bin/x64/witcher3.exe'", ProcID 1336, IP 0.0.0.0:0
ERROR: ld.so: object '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
GameAction [AppID 292030, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
GameAction [AppID 292030, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object '/debian/.steam/debian-installation/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
pid 1341 != 1338, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
pressure-vessel-wrap[1338]: E: Cannot run /debian/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/SteamLinuxRuntime_soldier/pressure-vessel/bin/pv-bwrap: wait status 256
pressure-vessel-wrap[1338]: E: Diagnostic output:
bwrap: No permissions to creating new namespace, likely because the kernel does not allow non-privileged user namespaces. On e.g. debian this can be enabled with 'sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1'.

When I run the sysctl command it just returns:

sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/kernel/unprivileged_userns_clone: No such file or directory

My guess is this is something to do with the fact that it's running inside of a docker container?

3 minutes ago, xorinzor said:

Jup, that fixed it! So now we know that Proton will require Privileged rights when run in a docker container :)

bwrap needs '--cap-add=SYS_ADMIN' what I saw from my research, but keep in mind that I don't recommend running a container with privileged rights since this gives the container controll over the host, so to speak unRAID.

On 11/4/2021 at 6:26 PM, ich777 said:

bwrap needs '--cap-add=SYS_ADMIN' what I saw from my research, but keep in mind that I don't recommend running a container with privileged rights since this gives the container controll over the host, so to speak unRAID.

It's less than ideal, but with the proper security precautions a risk I'm willing to take.

Hopefully Valve will be releasing their new SteamOS soon and they don't make use of this same system.

Either way, it's functionality that's a requirement for my setup, so I don't really have much of a choice 😅

• Like 1

Hi everyone, do you know how I can prevent him from creating routes ? (IPv4 0.0.0.0/1 192.168.10.1) 

I don't want it to route me all the packets in the VPN

in fact I would just like to access all my web interfaces like motionEye or home-assistant from my VPN but not to have all the traffic going through the VPN

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by PhiKirax
On 11/7/2021 at 1:45 AM, PhiKirax said:

do you know how I can prevent him from creating routes ? (IPv4 0.0.0.0/1 192.168.10.1) 

I think you are talking about the OpenVPN container?

I don't want it to route me all the packets in the VPN

in fact I would just like to access all my web interfaces like motionEye or home-assistant from my VPN but not to have all the traffic going through the VPN

What do you mean exactly with this? This container is mainly designed from dperson to be a client only and let other container use the network from this container so that you can route your traffic through a VPN and access the WebGUI/WebInterface from your local network, you can find perfect documentation here: Click

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

This should be correct on what port did you try to connect to the container?

What is not working exactly, what does the container log say?

so, after some additional troubleshooting, i discovered a bigger issue, none of my docker containers that are set to br0 are visible on my wireguard vpn, so thats a separate issue, everything is fine with checkmk

so, after some additional troubleshooting, i discovered a bigger issue, none of my docker containers that are set to br0 are visible on my wireguard vpn, so thats a separate issue, everything is fine with checkmk
Have you enabled Host access in the Docker settings, if not, the containers can't communicate with the Host and vice versa if you set it to br0

Sent from my C64

@ich777, Not sure if I can ask here or not, but I was wondering if you could create a docker that we can use in unraid.

Someone made a docker but I have no clue how to get it into unraid and work, and I am sure others would want it once they find out what it is.

Here is the docker: https://github.com/ex0nuss/Plex-Export-Docker

and here is the original Plex-Export (not to be confused with plex exporter): https://github.com/Dachande663/Plex-Export

Would love it if you could.

And if this is not the correct spot then feel free to delete and PM me where to do so (If allowed to even request)

Thanks

49 minutes ago, almulder said:

Not sure if I can ask here or not, but I was wondering if you could create a docker that we can use in unraid.

I'm really not familiar with Plex and this Docker seems a little harder to set up as usual, so I think I can't help here.

50 minutes ago, almulder said:

And if this is not the correct spot

You can make a post here:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kri kri said:

Don;t know - I found this menu today and I would assume its for creating bookmarks / shortcuts to folders? 

image.png.2c19a146949758df32fa1b810ad1cf88.png

My main concern if somebody will ever need it, I also wan't to keep the footprints of my containers as small as possible, please don't forget that this is not a full distribution.

I have to research what this is and does and if there is any benefit adding this.

Maybe @binhex knows what this is and does, maybe he already has it installed in his container.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you give me a quick explanation what it does or for what this is needed?

Sent from my C64

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

knows what this is and does, maybe he already has it installed in his container.

i do know what it is and yes its included in my image, its the keditbookmarks application, its a plugin/addon for krusader, i have a butt ton of them included with my image to try and reduce the 'can you just add....' requests :-), fyi this is the list of packages i include in my image:-

krusader p7zip unarj xz zip lhasa arj unace ntfs-3g kde-cli-tools kio-extras kdiff3 keditbookmarks kompare konsole krename ktexteditor breeze-icons

• Like 1

Hi hi - am having trouble with the Krusader app. Installed today - so latest tag version. Installed fine, wizzard fine etc. I am trying to use it for move data on mounted USB hard-drives. The problem is, crusader can only see/show the 'user' folder within the 'mnt' directory (can't see the cashe, remotes, anything else.). So I have a could USB hard-drives mounts (/mnt/disks/) but krusader isn't showing the 'disks' directory. The hard-drives are mounted properly - I can see then through ssh. Not sure what I am doing wrong here - permissions?

mounted.PNG

mountpt.PNG

ssh.PNGkrusader.PNG.a89000142fcecd82403312207c4795da.PNG

Edited by CouchPawTayTow
add krusader screenshot