[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

hi there I have got luckybackup running fine. local hard drive backups work fine. however, backing up to google drive folder mounted in rclone work ok, but then produce a load of red text and then at the end the following error.

rsync: [sender] write error: Broken pipe (32) rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at io.c(823) [sender=3.2.3]

I dont know why this happens, as I can access google drive folders and files that are mounted in rclone fine in krusader without issue. I can post logs if needed, I have also noticed that there would be errors such as failed: Input/output error (5) next to each file that tries to get copied.

Im wondering if its something to do with how rclone is setup or something.

any thoughts?

7 hours ago, Goldmaster said:

rsync: [sender] write error: Broken pipe (32) rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at io.c(823) [sender=3.2.3]

This is usually caused because a network error happened. What I also can think of is if Google Drive has a maximum file upload size and the file is simply too big.

rclone

May I ask why don't use use rclone for the backup too? You add only a layer of complexity to the backup process if you use another application for it.

Input/output error (5)

This is mostly caused by not having sufficient file privileges, do you run luckyBackup as root?

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

May I ask why don't use use rclone for the backup too?

Was not sure if you can use rclone to mirror to and from, just thought it was for just accessing files from cloud. but the simple reason is there's no gui, unless I could download a gui that can integrate with Waseh rclone plug-in, then I could setup a mirror option (with delete on other end).

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

do you run luckyBackup as root?

Privileged is turned off.

3 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

Was not sure if you can use rclone to mirror to and from, just thought it was for just accessing files from cloud. but the simple reason is there's no gui, unless I could download a gui that can integrate with Waseh rclone plug-in, then I could setup a mirror option (with delete on other end).

No problem, just wanted to ask. 😉

3 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

Privileged is turned off.

You should have an option in the template from the container "Run as root" that you can set to "true" most of my containers run as a non privileged user.

thank you @ich777, so for my case, try running luckybackup as root, then maybe try some of these suggestions? https://itectec.com/unixlinux/why-does-rsync-fail-with-broken-pipe-32-error-in-socket-io-code-10-at-io-c820/

I wasn't sure if I needed to set the upload rate limit or something along those lines, but I thought that you could only upload 750gb a day, which is near impossible for me to get to.

this is what my rclone drives are set to, unless something there is causing the issue?

--allow-other --async-read=true --dir-cache-time=5000h --drive-use-trash --poll-interval=15s --vfs-cache-max-age=504h --vfs-cache-poll-interval=30s --vfs-read-chunk-size=32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-mode=full --vfs-cache-max-size=50G --vfs-cache-poll-interval=30s --buffer-size=32M &

I might try and see if running root works, just done a local backup, some items not transferred as im not running as privileged.

16 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

I might try and see if running root works, just done a local backup, some items not transferred as im not running as privileged.

You don't have to run it as Privileged, just set the Variable "Run as root" to "true" this should be enough.

20 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

thank you @ich777, so for my case, try running luckybackup as root, then maybe try some of these suggestions? https://itectec.com/unixlinux/why-does-rsync-fail-with-broken-pipe-32-error-in-socket-io-code-10-at-io-c820/

I wasn't sure if I needed to set the upload rate limit or something along those lines, but I thought that you could only upload 750gb a day, which is near impossible for me to get to.

this is what my rclone drives are set to, unless something there is causing the issue?

Please always keep in mind that if you are using rsync to upload files to a hoster using rclone all kinds of different issues can occur.

I would first try to set the option as mention above to true and try it locally on the server to a temporary directory for testing purposes, if everything went well you can try it to the Google Driver connected through rclone.

Also keep in mind you don't have to run it in Privileged mode, just set the option from above to true, that should be well enough.

38 minutes ago, ich777 said:

set the Variable "Run as root" to "true"

It is set to true, from the start, yet still get the same issue, this also includes having / at the start of the folder path. Local backup to an external hard drive works fine and copying from unraid share to google drive in krusader works fine.

Edited by Goldmaster

It is set to true, from the start, yet still get the same issue, this also includes having / at the start of the folder path. Local backup to an external hard drive works fine and copying from unraid share to google drive in krusader works fine.
Maybe Google doesn't support some file attributes.
Try to turn on that the destination is on a NTFS formatted drive in the luckyBackup sync job settings.

Sent from my C64

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

turn on that the destination is on a NTFS formatted drive in the luckyBackup sync job settings

Tried that and left it to run while at work, and still pretty much the same thing. nothing is getting backed up offsite. Anyway I could make luckybackup work with google drive directly or something? maybe an option in the remote options or something? really with this could work.

Edited by Goldmaster
6 hours ago, Goldmaster said:

Anyway I could make luckybackup work with google drive directly or something?

I have to set up Google Drive (never used it bevore) and have to look into it how everything works and try it on my own to see if it is working.

This will take some time since I'm really busy at the moment.

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

I have to set up Google Drive (never used it bevore) and have to look into it how everything works and try it on my own to see if it is working.

This will take some time since I'm really busy at the moment.

On 11/18/2021 at 11:30 AM, Goldmaster said:

rclone mount --daemon --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other --vfs-cache-mode writes $remoteshare $mntpoint &

---

made a quick test now with gdrive and luckybackup

image.thumb.png.071aa3b8427427f948497dc205e60c7e.png

while gdrive is mounted in rclone mount, so looking ok now as small test

here a cross view, local mount and gdrive, all ok here

image.thumb.png.cd676a5b81d01869e50f1a9a8f084a80.png

• Like 1

Hello,

I want to backup some shares to my external HDD.

The external HDD is formatted with exfat and mount with "Unassigned Devices".

It seems that luckyBackup is copying all files but I get many errors: Operation not permitted (1)

Do I have a wrong configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-23 um 15.25.31.png

11 minutes ago, jeuser said:

It seems that luckyBackup is copying all files but I get many errors: Operation not permitted (1)

But the file gets transferred from what I see...?

This is a limitation of Windows file systems because they don't support all feature sets as a Linux filesystem.

Please go to the synchronization options and tick the boxes where it says that the Destination is on a NTFS or FAT filesystem.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, jeuser said:

May I ask if it is better to format the hdd to a Linux filesystem to get the best compatibilty?

Use XFS, Ext4 or whatever fits your needs best.

If you want to read it on Windows I think there is some paid software out there so you can actually read an write to it on Windows if you really need it.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, jeuser said:

Sorry, is there a way to format it in Unraid?

Yes, through Unassigned Devices, but you have to first go to Settings -> Unassigned Devices and Enable "Destructive Mode".

After that you can format the partition/disk on the Main tab from unRAID.

• Like 1