[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

10 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

Is there a way to use that script to update the icon for the container as well?

Yes but you have to get an icon that is 144x144 png and is square, don't quote me on that because noVNC uses usually different files for different sizes of the icon but at least you can try.

How you integrate the icon in the container is your thing, if you put it in the appdata directory from the container or if you mount it like the script above is your thing, in this example I will also mount it to /opt/scripts/icon.png

The full script would then look something like:

#!/bin/bash
# Patch noVNC title name
sed -i '/    document.title =/c\    document.title = "Your title goes here";' /usr/share/novnc/app/ui.js
# Patch noVNC title icon
rm /usr/share/novnc/app/images/icons/*
cp /opt/scripts/icon.png /usr/share/novnc/app/images/icons/novnc-144x144.png

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to report that I got the title and icon changed.

Ended up deciding it would be easier to just map the whole /usr/share/novnc/app/ to appdata then edit the files in there so they are persistent.

Only issue I ran into is that firefox seems to pull the 192x192 icon image where chrome pulls the 144x144. So that threw me for a loop for a bit.

After mapping it and clearing cookies etc it is working great!

• Like 1

Hey there. Been banging my head a bit against Debian Buster - Nvidia and I can't get it to do anything other than "Can't open display :0" followed by "Fatal server error: (EE) no screens found(EE)" 

Information:
Mobo: Supermicro X9DR3-F
Gpu: Quadro P620 (driver 495.44)
2 other GPU's in the system passed through to VM's. (K2200 and WX 2100)
Built in display of the motherboard is still assigned to the host.

I can use the P620 in other containers like your Owncast one and a handbrake one flawlessly. I also shut these down while trying to do the Debian Buster one just to make sure it wasn't conflicting.

I have tried lots of different combinations of DFP_NR #'s and setting the PCI address or leaving it blank

1 hour ago, DemonicPants said:

I have tried lots of different combinations of DFP_NR #'s and setting the PCI address or leaving it blank

If you forced a stop from the container and then changed the DFP NR, it may be necessary that you have to restart the host (unRAID) too since some times it can happen that the Display :0 is not released properly even if the container is shut down and if you restart it it won't be able to use Display :0 again.

I've also got a few posts that some users weren't able to get the container to run no matter what they did.

1 hour ago, DemonicPants said:

I also shut these down while trying to do the Debian Buster one just to make sure it wasn't conflicting.

This is or better speaking should not be necessary.

krusader -  unable to move windows around, other krusader version I can. anyway to make your version so I can move screens around As when I have several movies going i like to have them next to each other so I can see them, but yours they just get put on top of each others and unable to move the box around scree. and just did a fresh install (Nuking the appdata) and still unable to move them.

Just now, almulder said:

krusader -  unable to move windows around, other krusader version I can. anyway to make your version so I can move screens around As when I have several movies going i like to have them next to each other so I can see them, but yours they just get put on top of each others and unable to move the box around scree. and just did a fresh install (Nuking the appdata) and still unable to move them.

This is not an issue from the container, I did thins on purpose and nothing is wrong with your installation. :)

Will look into this, I have now changed so much in the container that it now would not make much of a difference if I allow window movements, may I ask if you can't just bring it in the foreground if you click on copy dialogue in the taskbar?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is not an issue from the container, I did thins on purpose and nothing is wrong with your installation. :)

Will look into this, I have now changed so much in the container that it now would not make much of a difference if I allow window movements, may I ask if you can't just bring it in the foreground if you click on copy dialogue in the taskbar?

I can click them into the foreground yes, but only one at a time, not next to each other, and its not just that, there are times I need to move a screen so I can see the path and such, it would be so much easier to be able to move them.

What was the reason for making them not movable?

Prometheus Docker:

I try and have installed the prometheus docker and generated the config yaml in etc.

But the container does not start.

I use Unraid 6.10RC2.

The protocol show following errors: 

ts=2021-12-16T19:56:57.717Z caller=main.go:437 level=error msg="Error loading config (--config.file=/etc/prometheus/prometheus.yml)" err="open /etc/prometheus/prometheus.yml: no such file or directory"
ts=2021-12-16T19:57:43.855Z caller=main.go:478 level=info msg="No time or size retention was set so using the default time retention" duration=15d
ts=2021-12-16T19:57:43.855Z caller=main.go:515 level=info msg="Starting Prometheus" version="(version=2.32.0, branch=HEAD, revision=52c693a63be1096158667557f934d2d0d207c4d9)"
ts=2021-12-16T19:57:43.855Z caller=main.go:520 level=info build_context="(go=go1.17.5, user=root@03a85e24f43f, date=20211214-15:58:16)"
ts=2021-12-16T19:57:43.855Z caller=main.go:521 level=info host_details="(Linux 5.14.15-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Oct 28 09:56:33 PDT 2021 x86_64 7f83d160d32c (none))"
ts=2021-12-16T19:57:43.855Z caller=main.go:522 level=info fd_limits="(soft=40960, hard=40960)"
ts=2021-12-16T19:57:43.855Z caller=main.go:523 level=info vm_limits="(soft=unlimited, hard=unlimited)"
ts=2021-12-16T19:57:43.855Z caller=query_logger.go:86 level=error component=activeQueryTracker msg="Error opening query log file" file=/prometheus/queries.active err="open /prometheus/queries.active: permission denied"
panic: Unable to create mmap-ed active query log

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/prometheus/prometheus/promql.NewActiveQueryTracker({0x7ffedfa31eab, 0xb}, 0x14, {0x3547580, 0xc000791cc0})
/app/promql/query_logger.go:116 +0x3d7
main.main()
/app/cmd/prometheus/main.go:567 +0x5c93

Can anyone help ???????

I've noticed with Jdownloader2, whenver a host is using hcaptcha you cannot add it to your premium hosts using this docker, there is no captcha popup anywhere to be seen to verify yourself through the captcha.

If you install jdownloader2 on windows and add your account you will be redirected to a webpage where you authenticate with the hcaptcha to add your account. Is it possible to fix this for the docker?

59 minutes ago, je82 said:

If you install jdownloader2 on windows and add your account you will be redirected to a webpage where you authenticate with the hcaptcha to add your account. Is it possible to fix this for the docker?

No, that's not possible because it's not a full desktop environment.

You can forward click'n'load from your desktop to the container, that's the only way that I'm aware of.

You can try the container from @Djossbut I can't tell for sure if it's working in his container.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, this is working fine, at least for me...

Please be sure to first set the noVNC password and then set the variable in the template.

i did like in example you linked befor its in my post

(

Please be sure to create the password first inside the container, to do that open up a terminal from the container (click on the container icon and on 'Console' then type in the following:

su $USER

vncpasswd

ENTER YOUR PASSWORD TWO TIMES AND PRESS ENTER

)

but i was root enabled

On 12/15/2021 at 7:45 PM, almulder said:

I can click them into the foreground yes, but only one at a time, not next to each other, and its not just that, there are times I need to move a screen so I can see the path and such, it would be so much easier to be able to move them.

Window movement is now allowed, please grafik.png.c42e5827a4412f36238475252975e429.png the container.

• Like 1