[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, if you log in through the Docker console you are root, by typing in "su $USER" you are changing to the real user for the application itself so that it creates the file where it should be.

Tested it now on my own, you are completely correct, doesn't work when the directory doesn't exist, have changed the post to create the directory first, thank you for the heads up. :)

To be honest, I don't built any functionality into this container so that the application can run as root for security reasons (very few of my container have this ability to run as root eg: Krusader, luckyBackup).

Hmm. So it sounds like it should be working, any other ideas why I still don't get a password prompt when accessing the webGUI for DirSyncPro? Thanks so much for the help!

23 hours ago, Vitreous Humour said:

Hmm. So it sounds like it should be working, any other ideas why I still don't get a password prompt when accessing the webGUI for DirSyncPro? Thanks so much for the help!

Sorry no, that won't work, completely forgot that DirSyncPro was on a different VNC server version...

Now everything is fixed.

Please do the following:

1. Go to the Docker page and enable Advanced View
  2. Click on grafik.png.5ed7fb43cd5b06964662c1402d5c1afd.png to update the container to the latest version
  3. Turn off the Advanced View on the Docker page (letting it turned on actually produces load on your server)

Since you've set the variable already inside the container template and you've set the password it should work after you've updated the container.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry no, that won't work, completely forgot that DirSyncPro was on a different VNC server version...

Now everything is fixed.

Please do the following:

1. Go to the Docker page and enable Advanced View
  2. Click on grafik.png.5ed7fb43cd5b06964662c1402d5c1afd.png to update the container to the latest version
  3. Turn off the Advanced View on the Docker page (letting it turned on actually produces load on your server)

Since you've set the variable already inside the container template and you've set the password it should work after you've updated the container.

Thanks!  That worked!

• Like 1

@062bel313 & @lovingHDTV I've now forked the OpenVPN container, rebased it to Debian Bullseye and pushed it to DockerHub.

You only have to switch the Repository from 'dperson/openvpn-client' to 'ich777/openvpn-client' and maybe add '--sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0' (without quotes) to the Extra Parameters (you have to turn on the 'Advanced View' to see the 'Extra Parameters') if you don't use/need IPv6 like in this screenshot:

grafik.png.b8fa733f659bc75f0a1310a52b8a8dc3.png

I have Nextcloud as my source of truth for my photos as I use the Nextcloud app to upload new photos from my phone, what is the correct way to mount the Nextcloud photos folder in Photoprism so that it will automatically show new images that have been uploaded?

At the moment I have to reindex to get the new pictures to show up and I found instructions on scheduling reindexes but that seems a bit clunky. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

33 minutes ago, BurningSky said:

I have Nextcloud as my source of truth for my photos as I use the Nextcloud app to upload new photos from my phone, what is the correct way to mount the Nextcloud photos folder in Photoprism so that it will automatically show new images that have been uploaded?

Is this maybe what you are looking for: Click

I apologize if this has already been answered...I wasn't able to find it in my searching. In short, I have LuckyBackup working via SSH from one server to another. So no issue there. My current setup is Unraid 6.9.2 on both machines with the latest container.

Host machine folder structure is /mnt/user/downloads

I am trying to copy that over to the new machine at /mnt/user/downloads.  however, no matter what I do it creates /mnt/user/downloads/downloads.

I've tried changing the Source line in LuckyBackup to /mnt/user/downloads/ but it ultimately removes the trailing slash.

I'm at a loss...any ideas?

2 hours ago, pokmiuhy said:

I am trying to copy that over to the new machine at /mnt/user/downloads.  however, no matter what I do it creates /mnt/user/downloads/downloads.

Double click on the task or better speaking edit it and click this box: 

grafik.png.bfc047bfc7bf5df0503cba960cdc96e5.png

and apply the settings, now it should work. ;)

58 minutes ago, outi said:

this may very well be a dumb question but where exactly do I put the port of the container i want to route through openvpn?

Go to your Docker page -> click on the OpenVPN-Client container -> click "Edit" -> at the bottom click "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" -> from the drop down select "Port" -> enter the ports from the container you want to route through at Host and Container port (like it is in the original template for the routed through container) -> click "Add" -> click "Apply".

The container that you've routed through should now be reachable again.

• Like 1

Chrome seems broken, the log just loops:

---Starting Chrome---
---Starting Chrome---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 46: 91 Trace/breakpoint trap /usr/bin/chromium --user-data-dir=${DATA_DIR} --disable-accelerated-video --disable-gpu --window-size=${CUSTOM_RES_W},${CUSTOM_RES_H} --no-sandbox --test-type --dbus-stub ${EXTRA_PARAMETERS} 2> /dev/null
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Starting...---
---Resolution check---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)

etc etc...

No VNC output to speak of other than "Failed to connect to server"

Had always been working super fine for me before the latest update. (and of very great use to me, would hate to not be able to use it anymore!)

Thanks so much for your work, @ich777!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

35 minutes ago, Glassed Silver said:

Thanks so much for your work, @ich777!

Please do a grafik.png.9d759e0d6958a8087931ba64861d2b14.png from the Chrome/Chromium Container with the "Advanced View" turned on on the Docker page (don't forget to turn the Advanced View off again since this produces load on your server) and everything should work again. :)

• Like 1