[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

I'm trying to get LuckyBackup to run weekly at a certain time. So far, i get this error every time it tries to run. I force updated the container and haven't been able to get it to run. anyone else have this issue?

No protocol specified
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :0
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb.

Aborted

Edited by pokmiuhy
formatting

Installed the latest update and Jdownloader2 won`t start anymore. Log:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Starting...---
---Checking for 'runtime' folder---
---'runtime' folder found---
---Checking if Runtime is installed---
---Runtime found---
---Checking for 'jDownloader.jar'---
---'jDownloader.jar' folder found---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking libraries---
---Libraries found!---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Resolution check---
---Width to low must be a minimal of 1024 pixels, correcting to 1024...---
---Height to low must be a minimal of 768 pixels, correcting to 768...---
---Window resolution: 1024x768---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting jDownloader2---
/jDownloader2/runtime/jre1.8.0_261/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any suggestions? Thank you. :)

2 hours ago, Cicatrix said:

Any suggestions? Thank you. :)

Stop the container, delete the "runtime" folder in you jdownloader2 directory that lives in your appdata directory and start the container again.

After this the runtime is downloaded again and installed, give it a little more time to start than usual.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, whalecontainer said:

Hello, I am running the docker-thunderbird container and it will no longer start. The logs don't indicate errors but the container is infinitely restarting akin to the above user's logs. What do I do? There is no "runtime" folder in the appdata directory for this container so I cannot apply the above workaround.

In the thunderbird directory in your appdata folder should be a file called 'thunderbird'.

Stop the container and delete the file called 'thunderbird' after that start the container again and see if it is working again.

I have a significant amount of configuration and data in that appdata folder, including locally downloaded mail. Is the fix really to discard that and start from scratch...? I'm confused as to why that would be necessary.

This container was working great until a few days ago when it seemed to switch from NoVNC to TurboVNC. I was browsing the GitHub commit history but I'm confused as to when/how this major change occurred.

5 minutes ago, whalecontainer said:

I have a significant amount of configuration and data in that appdata folder, including locally downloaded mail. Is the fix really to discard that and start from scratch...?

The only thing you should delete is the file 'thunderbird' from your thunderbird directory.

This container was working great until a few days ago when it seemed to switch from NoVNC to TurboVNC.

For the Thunderbird container I've switched from x11vnc to TurboVNC about 10 months ago.

I can only speak for myself since I'm running it on my server too on the latest version and it works flawlessly.

I was browsing the GitHub commit history but I'm confused as to when/how this major change occurred.

As said above, about 10 months ago, the only thing that I've did 3 days ago was to update the baseimage from Debian 11.0 to Debian 11.2

Maybe post the log output from the container.

There is no "thunderbird" file in there though, there is a folder named "thunderbird" which contains the profile, mail, data, etc., but that's it. If I delete that, all of my mail is gone. Does that make sense? Please forgive me for somewhat panicking, but please understand this is a major issue for me.

Here's the logs:

Thunderbird.txt

Edited by ich777
put log into file to not bloat the thread
11 minutes ago, whalecontainer said:

There is no "thunderbird" file in there though, there is a folder named "thunderbird" which contains the profile, mail, data, etc., but that's it. If I delete that, all of my mail is gone. Does that make sense? Please forgive me for somewhat panicking, but please understand this is a major issue for me.

Oh wait, you are using the containter not on unRAID I guess?

I am not using unraid, I have it just deployed on an M1 Mac Mini running Docker Desktop. I volume mapped /thunderbird to a folder on the OS drive.

---
version: "2.1"
services:
  thunderbird:
    image: ich777/thunderbird:latest
    container_name: thunderbird
    environment:
      - PUID=501 #User identifier
      - PGID=20 #Group identifier
      - UMASK=000 #Umask value
      - CUSTOM_RES_W=1280 #preferred screen width
      - CUSTOM_RES_H=800 #preferred screen height
      - THUNDERBIRD_LANG=en-US #preferred Thunderbird language
      - THUNDERBIRD_V=latest #Enter your preferred Thunderbird version or 'latest' to install the latest version
      - DATA_PERM=770 #Data permissions for /thunderbird folder
      - DATA_DIR=/thunderbird #Folder for Thunderbird
    ports:
      - 8098:8080
    volumes:
      - "/Users/me/docker/config/thunderbird:/thunderbird"
    restart: unless-stopped

On 1/26/2022 at 9:34 PM, ich777 said:

Stop the container, delete the "runtime" folder in you jdownloader2 directory that lives in your appdata directory and start the container again.

After this the runtime is downloaded again and installed, give it a little more time to start than usual.

Worked Well, Ty again. :)

Btw.: Deleted in the First try mnt/User/... instead of mnt/Cache/..., this May give me problems Lager, for now it is running again.

• Like 1

Hi, 

I got a question about some containers that I am using. I have 2 Wreckfest, Satisfactory, Valheim, Terraria containers running but they do not seem to have enough CPU power. They all have a dedicated core/thread. 

I tried to give Valheim more CPU cores/threads but it only seems to use 1 thread. 

Is it possible to give the container more cores/threads? Valheim is having some trouble running on one thread and we are getting major lag spikes. 

Edited by workermaster
23 minutes ago, workermaster said:

I have 2 Wreckfest, Satisfactory, Valheim, Terraria containers running

This is the wrong support thread... :)

23 minutes ago, workermaster said:

I tried to give Valheim more CPU cores/threads but it only seems to use 1 thread.

I would recommend that you don't limit the cores or better speaking assigning individual CPU Cores for Valheim if you got performance issues.

I never had an issue with that because I don't limit the cores or assigning them to individual containers because that caused trouble for me in the past, have you also isolated cores that are possibly assigned to the container?

28 minutes ago, workermaster said:

Valheim is having some trouble running on one thread and we are getting major lag spikes.

How many players are on your server and when did you see those spikes?

On what hardware are you running Valheim in general?

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is the wrong support thread... :)

I would recommend that you don't limit the cores or better speaking assigning individual CPU Cores for Valheim if you got performance issues.

I never had an issue with that because I don't limit the cores or assigning them to individual containers because that caused trouble for me in the past, have you also isolated cores that are possibly assigned to the container?

How many players are on your server and when did you see those spikes?

On what hardware are you running Valheim in general?

Sorry, I didn't notice this was the wrong thread. I will post the reply with more information in the correct one. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I have a question regarding your TURN/STUN Docker.

Atm. I only have a portforward opened in my firewall and the domain linked to my private IP. It all works, but do I have to Proxy it?

I saw the docker created some certs. Without proxying I probably wont have SSL or? So all traffic through the port forward is not encrypted?

I have cloudflare and NGINX Proxy manger, how can I secure it? 

13 minutes ago, Hackintosys said:

I saw the docker created some certs. Without proxying I probably wont have SSL or? So all traffic through the port forward is not encrypted?

I think there is some misunderstanding how this is working.

STUN/TURN uses it's own protocols and if you proxy it through http/https you introduce maybe other issues because the STUN/TURN is a proprietary protocol and is different from http/https and uses it's own encryption, that's why the container is also creating certificates that are then used to encrypt the traffic.

17 minutes ago, Hackintosys said:

how can I secure it

It uses it's own encryption and you don't have to proxy it.

I think you are using your STUN/TURN server for Nextcloud Talk or am I wrong? If you are using it, you have to enter the Shared Secret and that is what is used to encrypt the traffic.

image.thumb.png.3d76053963663c0250617390933e3121.png

Hope that makes sense to you.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think there is some misunderstanding how this is working.

STUN/TURN uses it's own protocols and if you proxy it through http/https you introduce maybe other issues because the STUN/TURN is a proprietary protocol and is different from http/https and uses it's own encryption, that's why the container is also creating certificates that are then used to encrypt the traffic.

It uses it's own encryption and you don't have to proxy it.

I think you are using your STUN/TURN server for Nextcloud Talk or am I wrong? If you are using it, you have to enter the Shared Secret and that is what is used to encrypt the traffic.

image.thumb.png.3d76053963663c0250617390933e3121.png

Hope that makes sense to you.

Ah ok, again what learned :D  Thanks for clearification. 

I am using it for matrix, with a secret and the default key paths of the container.

Or should I delete the default paths prefilled in the template to have certs created? 

Edit: checked appdata and there are certs/keys, so looks good I guess..

Edited by Hackintosys
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Hackintosys said:

Or should I delete the default paths prefilled in the template to have certs created? 

No don't delete them, the certificates needs to be created in the default directory because they need to persist container updates and to encrypt traffic.