[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Hi,

can you please update your checkmk docker? Its always loading an old checkmk version 1.5. Thank you very much for your work! 

Edit:

Its crashing when I switching to latest. But when I use their docker command:

docker container run -dit -p 8080:5000 --tmpfs /opt/omd/sites/cmk/tmp:uid=1000,gid=1000 -v/omd/sites --name monitoring -v/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --restart always checkmk/check-mk-raw:2.0.0-latest

Its working fine. 

Greetings

Edited by xatrix
2 hours ago, xatrix said:

Its crashing when I switching to latest. But when I use their docker command:

Exactly, this is why I don't switch over to 2.0-latest, it sometimes crashes even the host.

If you really want to use 2.0-latest then please edit it so that it works for you. ;)

Hi! I need help with path mappings for photoprism. I'm trying to set it up so that the thumbnails are stored at /mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism/ and the config files and settings at /mnt/cache/appdata/photoprism/. I found this page (screenshot) and this thread: https://issuehunt.io/r/photoprism/photoprism/issues/1124 but when i try it the webui becomes inaccessible. The log closes itself every few seconds but the error is: level=fatal msg="cannot create /mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism, check config and permissions"

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Edited by Reva
8 minutes ago, Reva said:

Hi! I need help with path mappings for photoprism. I'm trying to set it up so that the thumbnails are stored at /mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism/ and the config files and settings at /mnt/cache/appdata/photoprism/. I found this page (screenshot) and this thread: https://issuehunt.io/r/photoprism/photoprism/issues/1124 but when i try it the webui becomes inaccessible. The log closes itself every few seconds but the error is: level=fatal msg="cannot create /mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism, check config and permissions"

You don't need to create a variable, simply change the path from the Data Dir to "/mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism/" and everything in terms of cache will go there, simply delete the variable.

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You don't need to create a variable, simply change the path from the Data Dir to "/mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism/" and everything in terms of cache will go there, simply delete the variable.

Thank you but i meant that i only want the cache files in "/mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism/", and the config files/settings in "/mnt/cache/appdata/photoprism/". But i guess i can back up those files separately and now the appdata folder won't have all those images so i'm happy with this. I do have one other problem though. My "originals folder" contains 10 folders, and 2 of those i want photoprism to completely ignore. What's the easiest and most reliable way to do that?

4 minutes ago, Reva said:

Thank you but i meant that i only want the cache files in "/mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism/", and the config files/settings in "/mnt/cache/appdata/photoprism/".

You can do that too, but if you wan't to do it that way you have to create a variable with the Key: "PHOTOPRISM_CACHE_PATH" and the Value: "/photoprism/cache" and then you have to create a new path in the template with the Host Path: "/mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism" and Container Path: "/photoprism/cache" (of course everything without double quotes).

You actually have to create the variable with the path inside the container not on the host like you've did it in your post and then you have to create another volume mount from the container to the host like described above. ;)

4 minutes ago, Reva said:

My "originals folder" contains 10 folders, and 2 of those i want photoprism to completely ignore. What's the easiest and most reliable way to do that?

I think that's not possible...

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oh, found that, it's possible: Click

Oh i see. I'll stick with "/mnt/cachetwo/data_nvme/photoprism/" then!

I've seen that thread as well as this one but i don't really know i i understand it correctly. Let's say i want to ignore folder "abc", folder "abc123" as well as all raw, tiff and dng files in all folders. Can i do that with one ppignore file in the originals folder? So i create a text file called 1.ppignore and add these lines:

abc

abc123

*.arw

*.tif

*.dng

Would this work?

Just now, Reva said:

So i create a text file called 1.ppignore

No, just:

.ppignore

(files that start with a dot on Linux are hidden)

1 minute ago, Reva said:

abc

abc123

*.arw

*.tif

*.dng

I think this should work too:

abc
abc*

(the asterisk is a wildcard for everything after "abc", I actually don't know how PhotoPrism handles this case because it may be possible in this example that a folder only called "abc" is ignored because it looks for abc with something after it, but you can try it)

Hope that makes sense to you.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

No, just:

.ppignore

(files that start with a dot on Linux are hidden)

I think this should work too:

abc
abc*

(the asterisk is a wildcard for everything after "abc", I actually don't know how PhotoPrism handles this case because it may be possible in this example that a folder only called "abc" is ignored because it looks for abc with something after it, but you can try it)

Hope that makes sense to you.

I tested it out with a few files and it seems to be working perfectly. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What container?

Usually restart the container.

lucky backup container. most of the time container restart works, but yesterday it didn't .. even after full unraid reboot. it startet flawless, but the gui was just black/blank. somehow, without any changes, this morning the gui of lucky backup appeared. two different devices were used to access the web gui, so no client issue.

Next time i will copy the log

Edited by Grobalt
4 minutes ago, Grobalt said:

it startet flawless, but the gui was just black/blank.

I will update the container in the next few days so that the taskbar will be displayed and you can bring up the GUI again if you minimized it.

5 minutes ago, Grobalt said:

Next time i will copy the log

Yes please. Maybe something else is preventing the GUI from coming up.

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Starting cron---
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---ssh_host_rsa_key keys found!---
---ssh_host_ecdsa_key found!---
---ssh_host_ed25519_key found!---
---Starting ssh daemon---
---Resolution check---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting ssh daemon---
---Starting luckyBackup---

image.thumb.png.e358015b3c73a2aee5e97ca4bc3164bf.png

4 minutes ago, Grobalt said:

i tried with incognito mode in chrome -> no change. deleted cache, pictures etc -> no change

I can't reproduce this on my Server and my Test Server.

Can you try to start over? How much CPU and RAM does the container use currently?

2 minutes ago, Grobalt said:

before starting the docker container (dont wonder, fresh installed last week)

I really can't tell what's wrong on your system, I also don't see the task bar in the screenshot that you've posted above, at least it should show up:

grafik.thumb.png.439a7c6dc9c69fdd750059aed6a7bc12.png

Can you try to remove the container, remove the folder for luckybackup from your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

Is your appdata share set to Use Cache "Only" or "Prefer", you can find this in the Share settings.

The usage looks completely normal:

grafik.thumb.png.1a7759f1cd949f56fabaf07b1fbeef7d.png

2 days later. It seems the issue was the following. Somewhen during the luckybackup work the GUI was minimized. Then with the VNC settings was tested with scaling, the scroll bar disappeared. The old laptop where i have remote access to access the unraid server has 1200x800 resolution. Now with the wrong scaling applied it was even after updating no task bar visible to bring the application to forground. Most likely everyhing was running flawless, just "off" screen and minimized.