[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

15 minutes ago, Grobalt said:

Now with the wrong scaling applied it was even after updating no task bar visible to bring the application to forground. Most likely everyhing was running flawless, just "off" screen and minimized.

I've never experienced anything like that and I use my Thunderbird container quite frequently and even if it hangs because I open two instances from two different computers a restart from the container fixes everything.

Which scaling mode are you using?

Are you connecting maybe from more than one machine to the container at the same time with scaling set to remote, that can cause issues from what I know.

From a technical standpoint you can't minimize everything...

Hello,

I have installed Firefox and OpenVPN-Client and both separately work fine for me, but when I try to get Firefox out through the VPN client, Firefox doesn't have the WebUi. In the Firefox docker I set the network to "no" and add the variable "--net=container:OpenVPN-Client" and assign the Firefox port to the VPN client. I restart both containers and Firefox still has no WebUi. I do not know what I'm doing wrong. You can help?

30 minutes ago, T0rrelles said:

I do not know what I'm doing wrong. You can help?

Can you provide a few screenshots from the container what you've did so far, maybe I can see where the issue is.

Do you routed a second container through the OpenVPN-Client container that uses a noVNC web interface?

6 minutes ago, T0rrelles said:

You have to put "--net=container:OpenVPN-Client" in the extra parameters for the container not the application like this (in your case at "Parámetros Adicionales":

image.png.1fc7a386a927701c98c56a8c39abf56b.png

Why are the Extra Parameters in your Docker template under the advanced section marked as required? Should look like this:

image.thumb.png.2d530d950dfff2dfdeb585d388f79762.png

1 minute ago, T0rrelles said:

The same thing happens, it doesn't show me the WebUI

Yes, because you have to manually type it in your address line, simply type in the address from your server and the port that you've created for Firefox in the OpenVPN-Client container.

1 minute ago, T0rrelles said:

Where, I don't have WebUI?

In your web browser like:

image.png.93987a4ac8b1e70700144ebc0b29e10e.png

The above IP and PORT is only a example, you have to change the IP to the IP from your server and also the port so that it reflects your mappings, you then simply click on vnc.html and then you are in the Firefox container:

image.png.8a1746a7ceb34f2f8e27e9293e4aa02f.png

You have to understand that the Firefox container has no own network anymore because you've set it to None and use the OpenVPN-Client container but that's fine and how you want it.

Thank you very much. Yes, from the laptop I can enter the Firefox docker and once in it I can use VNC.
I tried to start the docker from the WebUI of the server, as I did before trying to pass Firefox through the OpenVPN-Client, but it seems that it is not possible. Thank you very much again.

• Like 1

Hello - I am trying to use Remmina and have set the resolution to my default monitor which is 3440x1440.  When I run Remmina in the web brower, its a very small window, maybe 500x500 or so and doesnt nearly capture the width of the VM.  Is there a way to adjust this?  Otherwise I correct very easily to my VMs.  Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Vaslo said:

When I run Remmina in the web brower, its a very small window, maybe 500x500 or so and doesnt nearly capture the width of the VM.  Is there a way to adjust this?  Otherwise I correct very easily to my VMs.

Do I understand that correct that the VMs are full screen?

I will look into that.

Do you mean some kind of scaling so that the font is bigger or do you mean simply that the main window is fullscreen?

Hello,

I'm trying to setup luckybackup and i followed the guide but when i try to start a task i get this:

556746362_2022-03-2012_07_52-luckyBackup-noVNCMozillaFirefox.png.40a5b93569e483d3ad4339b5c8b70248.png

When i try to connect from the cli of the docker it did ask to confirm the first time, as usual for ssh, but then it goes no problem without asking.

If i try to launch the same command that the gui uses (you can check it on the validate button) it works without asking for the authenticity of host.

I already tried to remove the docker and remove all files in the /luckbackup folder but the problem persists.

Obviously pressing OK on this box does nothing, it asks again 2/3 times and then fails

27 minutes ago, exico said:

I already tried to remove the docker and remove all files in the /luckbackup folder but the problem persists.

Do you run the container as root?

Which keys are you using in the container and which one did you copy over (maybe send a screenshot)?

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do I understand that correct that the VMs are full screen?

I will look into that.

Do you mean some kind of scaling so that the font is bigger or do you mean simply that the main window is fullscreen?

Sorry, let me post a pic.  If you see in the pic, the VM in the browser is very small and no matter what I do I cannot make it bigger.  I tried to set it in the docker settings in unraid but it won't go bigger than the small window you see in the pic.  I also cannot stretch it via mouse, nor do any of the buttons related to the app make it larger.  Thanks for your help.390455963_Screenshot2022-03-20110330.thumb.png.13c15598391959e1353599490d6fb575.png

Screenshot 2022-03-20 110728.png

Edited by Vaslo
Added a second picture as I can extend remmina but not the VM window