[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

3 minutes ago, Vaslo said:

I also cannot stretch it via mouse, nor do any of the buttons related to the app make it larger.

Yes, I did that on purpouse but I will look into it if I can change it.

Widescreen monitors weren‘t really a big thing when I created the container.

But if you start a RDP connection to a VM it works as expected and is displayed in fullscreen or am I wrong?

I would be really surprised if you limited it to that size - that's kind of small right? 500x500 for an Ubuntu desktop RDP?  The first picture is the interface for the app, which can be stretched as needed.  

However to your question, the second picture shows is me using RDP to get into the VNC for an Ubuntu VNC.  It is not fullscreening after I RDP into the Ubuntu VNC, which I cannot change from that original size of the box.  Attached is a snapshot of just how I see Ubuntu - it resizes the wall paper but cuts everything off at the top.  If I put the terminal in there, it's like maybe 30 characters per line.  I guess I could make the font super tiny, but then I guess it wouldn't fill the need I'm looking for.

Maybe I have the wrong idea of the use of this?  When I RDP from Windows into this Ubuntu VM using the Windows RDP, I can resize it to be at least the 800 by 600 (or bigger on this wide screen).  Is that not the purpose of this - I've never used any other tools except the Windows RDP tool so maybe I have the wrong idea, and apologize if I'm wasting your time.1722401990_Screenshot2022-03-20160610.png.280d3d0081d52878b3ed426b0fd083f8.png

3 minutes ago, Vaslo said:

500x500 for an Ubuntu desktop RDP?

No, I,ve talked only about the main window.

4 minutes ago, Vaslo said:

I can resize it to be at least the 800 by 600

Please give me a bit, will look into this.

something semms wrong, maybe it‘s because of the resolution.

11 hours ago, Vaslo said:

Maybe I have the wrong idea of the use of this?

Container is now fixed, you have now multiple options of how scaling works.

First of all update the container, you don't have to set such a high resolution in the container template itself, simply leave it at 1280x1024 and start the container as usual, after that, click on the little arrow on the left side, click on the gear icon and at the drop down select Remote Resizing:

image.png.45b7acbadf218c1c4cb48ee9443ce50f.png

This will force noVNC to always resize it's size to the browser window size but please be aware that the resizing will work if you are connected to a RDP session but it will maybe not resize the RDP session window, this is dependent on the setting that you've set in Remmina itself and if the RDP server that you are connecting to supports this.

Hope this helps. ;)

On 4/6/2021 at 7:53 AM, ich777 said:

I have now integrated 'sendemail' to the container and updated it in a few other different ways (Please be sure to grafik.png.f08fe37a506fc1b8e25edc21e9a26386.png the Container on the Docker page before trying this).

To send a mail configure luckyBackup like this:

Please notice that I have appended '-xu' (SMTP username) and '-xp' (SMTP user password) to the arguments to actually being able to send an email because my mail server, as I think most mailservers nowerdays, need a authentication and it works without a problem (if you entered 'sendemail' at command click on the green arrow on the right side and it will fill in all the necessary arguments in the arguments line without the two arguments mentioned above).

Please report back if this is also OK for you because I don't have a easy way of send a Mail through a Docker container from Unraid.

Thank you for posting this tip on adding the username and password to the arguments. I can confirm that it works and can send email through a Gmail account using App Passwords as of 3-21-2022. 

Here's an explanation of Gmail App Passwords for anyone that isn't familiar: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Edited by WalkerJ
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, WalkerJ said:

Thank you for posting this tip on adding the username and password to the arguments. I can confirm that it works and can send email through a Gmail account using App Passwords as of 3-21-2022. 

Here's an explanation of Gmail App Passwords for anyone that isn't familiar: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

@ich777 - I spoke too soon. The email part does work when I click the test button, but not when a job actually runs. I don't think the issue is email related, though. When I go to Tasks->Manage Backup->View Log I get "Could not open the logfile!! No such file or directory". However, if I log into the Docker console and run "ls -l luckybackup/.luckyBackup/logs", the logs are there and the jobs ran successfully. Is it possible that the GUI and whatever triggers the email is looking for a different path than what is scheduled via cron?

I installed the container with all of the defaults and running jobs interactively or scheduled works fine. 

Edited by WalkerJ
10 minutes ago, WalkerJ said:

The email part does work when I click the test button, but not when a job actually runs.

Can you show me the Email configuration page from your container?

Have you also seen this post from @alturismo:

10 minutes ago, WalkerJ said:

Is it possible that the GUI and whatever triggers the email is looking for a different path than what is scheduled via cron?

You have to restart the container once after a cron schedule was executed to view the logs, luckyBackup was not designed that the GUI is running when a cron job is executed but that happens basically in the container.

56 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you show me the Email configuration page from your container?

Have you also seen this post from @alturismo:

You have to restart the container once after a cron schedule was executed to view the logs, luckyBackup was not designed that the GUI is running when a cron job is executed but that happens basically in the container.

The checkboxes were the problem with email.

I was so curious what is actually happening that I downloaded the source. The documentation says that if you check "Profile is scheduled", it will "send an email when the profile is run from within a cronjob". This is only true, however, if "--no-questions" is passed as an argument to the command. That argument gets added to the command line if you check "Console mode" when saving the schedule. I just tested this and it does work and makes the checkboxes on the email screen behave more like you would expect. I don't understand why this email setting and console mode are linked, or if they even should be. If --no-questions is not specified, I think the status of the "Error" checkbox gets ignored because there's an "or" comparison between the two checkbox states. I suspect that is a bug. It doesn't look intentional the way the code is written - at least I wouldn't have written it that way. 

Restarting the container does let the GUI see the logs files. I think that it only reads the settings and checks the log folder when the GUI starts up, which is why you have to restart the container. AFAIK there's no reason it couldn't read the log folder when you click "Manage Backup", it just doesn't. 

Edited by WalkerJ
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, WalkerJ said:

Restarting the container does let the GUI see the logs files. I think that it only reads the settings and checks the log folder when the GUI starts up, which is why you have to restart the container.

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, WalkerJ said:

AFAIK there's no reason it couldn't read the log folder when you click "Manage Backup", it just doesn't. 

That's also true but it simply doesn't do it if it's already started.

5 minutes ago, WalkerJ said:

The checkboxes were the problem with email.

Nice.

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Container is now fixed, you have now multiple options of how scaling works.

First of all update the container, you don't have to set such a high resolution in the container template itself, simply leave it at 1280x1024 and start the container as usual, after that, click on the little arrow on the left side, click on the gear icon and at the drop down select Remote Resizing:

image.png.45b7acbadf218c1c4cb48ee9443ce50f.png

This will force noVNC to always resize it's size to the browser window size but please be aware that the resizing will work if you are connected to a RDP session but it will maybe not resize the RDP session window, this is dependent on the setting that you've set in Remmina itself and if the RDP server that you are connecting to supports this.

Hope this helps. ;)

Thanks for doing this.  Unfortunately, it just continues to insist on the small window whether I use Local, remote, or none.  I reset the resolution per your instructions.  I don't know if its because XRDP is what I am using or what, but it's just not working on any of my pcs.  I also have a windows server that i RDP into from Windows without issue and the same problem there as you see in the attached.

Seems to work fine for others so I don't know, maybe an issue on my end.  I'll let some others get the help they need.  Thanks again for trying to help.

Screenshot 2022-03-21 201038.png

Edited by Vaslo
added Windows Server example as well
5 hours ago, Vaslo said:

Seems to work fine for others so I don't know,

It seems that this is still the old version from the container?

The new version from the container has a task bar which the screenshot that you‘ve sent over doesn‘t have.

You also have to set the resolution in Remmina itself so that it reflects your resolution or set it to fit screen inside Remmina.

I followed the instructions from this reddit post and photoprism database guide but when I try to launch the photoprism webui it doesn't work. I'm not really sure what I did wrong or how to troubleshoot this, any help is appreciated!

Edit: per the photoprism LOGS 

time="2022-03-22T10:38:54-04:00" level=fatal msg="Error 1045: Access denied for user 'photoprism'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)"

How do I resolve this?

Edited by mag1c
4 hours ago, mag1c said:

time="2022-03-22T10:38:54-04:00" level=fatal msg="Error 1045: Access denied for user 'photoprism'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)"

Can you provide a bit more details? Maybe a screenshot from your Docker template, what IP does your MariaDB container have?

I would strongly recommend that you are using the variable with the name "MySQL Database Connection" and enter it something like that:

DBUSER:DBPASSWORD@tcp(DBIP:DBPORT)/photoprism?parseTime=true

5 hours ago, lorddrinkal0t said:

I have an issue with the resolution of the JD2 Container. When I change the resolution in the Docker Settings only the black bars get scaled, the JD2 Window is always the same size. I think this came with the last update.

Will look into this and report back.

17 hours ago, lorddrinkal0t said:

I think this came with the last update.

Please update the container.

I've changed some things and if you want that jDownloader2 stretches across your window size click on the little blue arrow on the left side, click on the gear and select "Remote Resizing" at Scaling Mode like:

image.png.4ffbf1b16b16265518f7083dc99000ca.png

This will force the jDownloader2 to be always maximized and stretched to the full browser window size regardless of what size you are specified in the template (this is only the initial resolution).

• Thanks 2

Hi All,

I recently learnt about PhotoPrism and I'm planning to try the Unraid docker for PhotoPrism. It seems that PhotoPrism supports a "read only" mode where it wouldn't modify anything in the original folders. Is there an easy way to enable this "read only" mode via the Unraid Docker? I tried skimming through the settings, but I couldn't find it. I think I can switch to the "advanced view" in the docker, and may be add the read-only flag to the "Extra Parameters" field (attached image). Would that work or did I miss the "read-only" option somewhere? Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.d9f79b4018f884fa972e91a1622e049a.png

Today when I tryed to start the Firefox docker I was unable to connect to it. It was working fine couple of days ago.

Checking the log file I see this in a lopp.

---Firefox v98.0.2 up-to-date---
---Preparing Server---
---Resolution check---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting Firefox---
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Error: cannot open display: :99

@ich777 I have changes in the template but this settings were running without problems couple of days ago.

I did as you asked. Not sure which information you are looking for.

That's what it looked like before the update:

185748606_Screenshot2022-03-26101521.thumb.png.7dfed96cfccd1885c73ab7bed2a9e5e5.png

The update:

215229877_Screenshot2022-03-26101534.png.61c5a296d726bd5e9b12c6ee17c4c55f.png

The problem still persists.

Note: I have the access password protected as you have described it in the pinned reply on the first page of this thread.

Edited by Pete0

This was set by me. In that case I might have misunderstood what I was setting there.

I have set it to 1000 because this is the user ID for my user in unraid. I got it from /etc/passwd.

And I have set it to 1000 because I thought this would write the downloaded files with permissions to my user since the files are downloaded to my users share. Am I wrong here?

I changed the UID to 99 but this did not fix the problem.