[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

3 minutes ago, Pete0 said:

Am I wrong here?

Yes, because you want to read it from SMB and the default SMB user is 99:100

You should always use UID 99 and GID 100

I think it would be good to start over again... Really can't think of an issue why the virtual Display in the container isn't available...

Maybe some permissions are messed up...

What you can also try is that you remove the variable "TURBOVNC_PARAMS" from your template entirely and see if the container is starting up just fine?

Thank you for clarification. I will leave the UID everywhere at 99.

I deleted the container (including the directory appdata) and reinstalled again. Now everything works fine again. I guess you are right, that I messed up something with the UID. Sorry for that.

• Like 1

Hello ICH777,

First thank you very much for your wonderful work. I have to say I'm not much of a programmer, but I manage to set a few containers working perfectly on my NAS even through HTTPS.

I'm trying to use your thunderbird container on a synology 920+ NAS with docker. Its got a Intel Celeron J4125 CPU.

I get the same problem as Wolf had last year. The container is starting but thunderbird does not install, saying that something went wrong, and that the container has been put in sleep mode, but it gives no information on what went wrong...

Here is what the journal says:

617152450_Capturedcran2022-03-28153536.thumb.jpg.2e98970ec06cd472f70b1eacdc76f637.jpg

And the docker template is looking like so:

1916028257_Capturedcran2022-03-28153329.thumb.jpg.9007860a0ba4f5ca8af481f0c37a1e4c.jpg

Do you see anything that could help me get this container working on my NAS?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, rafimus said:

I'm trying to use your thunderbird container on a synology 920+ NAS with docker.

The variable THUNDERBIRD_LANG is wrong, it should be en-US instead of en_US.

This is actually my fault, I've changed it in the readme but forgot to change it in the Docker template.

I've already pushed a update where it should be fixed but because you already have the language already wrong in your variables simply change it to en-US or whatever you like.

I think you are French from what I see in your screenshot, maybe change it to "fr" (without the double quotes) in your case, you can get a full list here: Click

Hope that helps! :)

Hello ICH777,

Thanks a lot for your so quick answer.

That's actually a mistake, and I changed it, but that's not THE mistake. I'm quite sure I'm making another mistake somewhere or missing something when installing it or after installing it.

In fact, when I launch the container, the install starts but stops almost immediately, and i'm left with this file in my thunderbird folder:

856503244_Capturedcran2022-03-29100728.thumb.jpg.efedaa051c4b32baa2ce0ac23de47cba.jpg

When I change the en-US for fr, it starts to download the "Thunderbird--fr.tar.bz2" archive, but it also stops at 0 octet and the journal still says "something went wrong..."

I would understand if you don't have time for that, but I think I'm missing something when installing the container.

Thank you for your help!

40 minutes ago, rafimus said:

When I change the en-US for fr, it starts to download the "Thunderbird--fr.tar.bz2" archive, but it also stops at 0 octet and the journal still says "something went wrong..."

You are missing this variable:

image.png.bb5c86396bff69892076bf474b316803.png

Please look at the run example on Github (I would also recommend that you try Unraid because there it works just flawlessly because there is already a template for the container available with all necessary variables, volumes,... :) )

40 minutes ago, rafimus said:

I would understand if you don't have time for that

Why shouldn't I? That's my container that I maintain and try to fix such issues and help out. ;)

Already pushed another update to the container that should fix this on non Unraid installations (btw, thank you for the report :) ).

Hello,

I am having issues with photoprism and the Import folder. When i manually try and copy a photo into the Import folder it tells me "You need permissions to perform this action". I checked my shares in unraid and the SMB share user has read/write. Is there something else that i'm missing for permissions?

Hi!

I’m getting this error: FATAL ERROR: Creation of the user's processing profile directory "/photoprism/.config/RawTherapee/profiles" failed! ) for many of my raw files, but I can’t figure out how fix the error. I found this thread https://github.com/photoprism/photoprism/issues/1525 but I can’t figure out how to set the home variable in the unraid. 

Anyone else have this issue?

M

17 minutes ago, muppie said:

but I can’t figure out how to set the home variable in the unraid. 

Simply create a variable like this in your template:

image.png.df185674593264765a13af0691ca87b8.png

Keep in mind you have to set the path inside the container as the home path, not the path to the files on Unraid!

6 hours ago, muppie said:

for many of my raw files, but I can’t figure out how fix the error.

Try to do:

chown -R 99:100 /mnt/cache/appdata/photoprism

from an Unraid terminal, of course stop the container first and change the path if it is different, after that try to start the container again and see if you get the error again (...and also remove the HOME variable).

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Try to do:

chown -R 99:100 /mnt/cache/appdata/photoprism

from an Unraid terminal, of course stop the container first and change the path if it is different, after that try to start the container again and see if you get the error again (...and also remove the HOME variable).

I tried that and that didn’t work either. However, now I get another error message: path lookup '/photoprism/.config/darktable' fails with: 'No such file or directory' ). Should I start over? It has been a bit problematic for me for some time so I think I can nuke it and start over.

1 hour ago, muppie said:

Should I start over? It has been a bit problematic for me for some time so I think I can nuke it and start over.

It would be probably the best to start over?

Did you use a MariaDB or the integrated DB?

Did you change anything trivial in the template?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

It would be probably the best to start over?

Did you use a MariaDB or the integrated DB?

Did you change anything trivial in the template?

it’s currently scanning the images again. I’m using a separate mariadb instance. Nothing changed except added GPU support

• Like 1
3 hours ago, muppie said:

it’s currently scanning the images again. I’m using a separate mariadb instance. Nothing changed except added GPU support

Did you maybe run a fix permissions on your appdata folder? If so, please don't do this, this can cause such issues...

@ich777 I have a problem with playing HEVC H.265 files on Photoprism , using intel iGPU , gt620 in vfio.

(https://github.com/photoprism/photoprism/discussions/2210)

i changed PHOTOPRISM_FFMPEG_ENCODER to intel from h264_qsv but also having same error :

image.thumb.png.bcd63d3bf3d7993cacc23cb805a3ec4c.png

Also i have Unsupported GPU: "vfio-pci" in log on first start . but on vfio i have gt620 and Intel-GPU-TOP Driver installed in Unraid .

image.png.89855d9ec5fc6ceacd052ce6146edcdf.png

I know you only made a template but maybe you can tell some direction where to look or maybe some one had this issure and fixed it ?

Edited by Masterwishx
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

A GT620 would be not compatible with h265 anyways.

i passed it for VM but not using it for now , becose have a lot of dockers and  dont have anouth CPU power for VMs ...

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Do you have passed through the device /dev/dri in the template (device not path!)?

Yes 

image.thumb.png.3ec7cb13c2b5aad725904b84044ea602.png

1 hour ago, Masterwishx said:

Also i have Unsupported GPU: "vfio-pci" in log on first start

This is because it detects all devices also the card that you've bound to VFIO but that's basically a warning.

1 hour ago, Masterwishx said:

I know you only made a template but maybe you can tell some direction where to look or maybe some one had this issure and fixed it ?

Can you try to use as the key: h264_vaapi instead of h264_qsv

(If that doesn't solve your issue, I would wait for the developer to answer)

QuickSync needs the latest Intel Media Driver installed and I don't know if it's installed in Photoprism.

This issue seems also related: Click

• Thanks 1