[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

I have just set up OpenVPN-Client so that I can use to it route traffic for one of my docker containers. Every seems to be working fine and the docker can connect to the internet and is going through the VPN from what I can see. All good there. 

I also need the docker to be able to communicate with other docker services using my Unraid server ip (Prowlarr specifcally). I have tried a few different settings on the OpenVPN-Client docker container but haven't been able to have much luck. I tried setting the DNS as my router but that didn't work. There must be something obvious I am missing, but not sure what. 

7 hours ago, ekim said:

I also need the docker to be able to communicate with other docker services using my Unraid server ip (Prowlarr specifcally). I have tried a few different settings on the OpenVPN-Client docker container but haven't been able to have much luck.

Have you created the Port from the container that you route through the OpenVPN-Client container in the OpenVPN-Client template too?

If you are using @binhex containers you have to create custom rules in your container like mentioned here:

2 minutes ago, ekim said:

I needed to add a ROUTE variable to my local network IP and now I can reach things that aren't being routed through the VPN docker. 

Okay, so I think your network setup is a little bit more complicated than usual...

Glad to hear that it now is working.

Morning all - I got LuckyBackup setup and working, but it appears to have an issue. I can add a task, verify it, and launch it and it works fine. If I try to add a second task, I go through the same steps but as soon as I click on Verify or Okay the container crashes. Can anyone else make more than 1 task?

UPDATE: ...and now verification fails and it can't find the key..

Edited by chlballi
28 minutes ago, chlballi said:

UPDATE: ...and now verification fails and it can't find the key..

Are you running the container as root?

Where did you create the key, are we talking about the SSH key?

28 minutes ago, chlballi said:

Can anyone else make more than 1 task?

I have about 11 tasks.

The key is in /root/.ssh/id_rsa. It did work previously, just not after restarting. 

As far as the tasks, I cannot create more than one, for whatever reason. 

If I manually rsync in the CLI, it works without a problem. I'm sure it's something on my end that went sideways, just not sure what or where.

1 minute ago, chlballi said:

The key is in /root/.ssh/id_rsa. It did work previously, just not after restarting. 

Do you run the container as root? I think so because you are using the root directory.

Please don't use /root/.ssh you always have to use /luckybackup/.ssh and if you create it manually also always use /luckybackup/.ssh

1 minute ago, chlballi said:

As far as the tasks, I cannot create more than one, for whatever reason. 

Are this local tasks or SSH tasks?

Is it possible to duplicate the task and then click save?

OK - is there an easy way to move the token to luckybackup/.ssh?

UPDATE: The id_rsa appears to now be missing...

If I use the 'duplicate' option - yes. So If I get it working again, that might be the way to go.

Edited by chlballi
29 minutes ago, chlballi said:

OK - is there an easy way to move the token to luckybackup/.ssh?

UPDATE: The id_rsa appears to now be missing...

Yes, because on every update from the container the key will be wiped that's why it need to be in /luckybackup/.ssh

The container btw. creates those keys if they aren't found.

Did you create your own keys or what did you do?

31 minutes ago, chlballi said:

If I use the 'duplicate' option - yes. So If I get it working again, that might be the way to go.

I remember someone already reported that but I can't reproduce this on my server...

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, because on every update from the container the key will be wiped that's why it need to be in /luckybackup/.ssh

The container btw. creates those keys if they aren't found.

Did you create your own keys or what did you do?

Good to know. I had followed this tutorial, https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-server-backups-with-luckybackup, not knowing any better. Is there a way to reset the settings, and remake the container, to reset it to defaults?

4 minutes ago, chlballi said:

Good to know. I had followed this tutorial, https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-server-backups-with-luckybackup, not knowing any better. Is there a way to reset the settings, and remake the container, to reset it to defaults?

Remove the container from Unraid, delete the luckybackup folder thats located in your appdata directory and redownload a fresh copy from the CA App.

I appear to have other issues - after removing and reinstalling the container, it continues to crash when trying to add the first task. I'm also unsure of proper setup without following the tutorial. I appreciate the help, but I may just have to do it manually through rsync.

2 minutes ago, chlballi said:

I appear to have other issues - after removing and reinstalling the container, it continues to crash when trying to add the first task. I'm also unsure of proper setup without following the tutorial.

I now tried it again on my server (I'm on Unraid 6.10.0-rc5) without any issue, regardless of creating a local sync or a SSH sync.

4 minutes ago, chlballi said:

I appreciate the help, but I may just have to do it manually through rsync.

It's always up to the user how you sync data, I really don't force anyone to use my container(s). :)

I now tried it again on my server (I'm on Unraid 6.10.0-rc5) without any issue, regardless of creating a local sync or a SSH sync.

I'm sure it's user error.

It's always up to the user how you sync data, I really don't force anyone to use my container(s). :)

I would prefer the GUI, but it appears not to be in the cards. I'll probably setup a cron job once my initial backups finish.

• Like 1
On 4/30/2022 at 7:20 AM, ich777 said:

Sorry completely missed the post, can you issue this two lines from a Unraid terminal and post the output here:

docker exec Thunderbird date
date

Hey,

root@RkUnraidServer:~# docker exec Thunderbird date
Tue 03 May 2022 09:27:02 PM PDT
root@RkUnraidServer:~# date
Wed May  4 06:27:04 CEST 2022

Is it possible to connect with a VNC client?

I've tried but without succeed.

Edited by Roukmoute
52 minutes ago, Roukmoute said:

Is it possible to connect with a VNC client?

Sure thing, you have to create another port mapping in the container template so that you can connect directly like:

grafik.png.2011e69d8269a35735996a650c48e911.png

(5900 is the default port in the container you can take whatever host port you want as long as it is not already in use)

54 minutes ago, Roukmoute said:
root@RkUnraidServer:~# docker exec Thunderbird date
Tue 03 May 2022 09:27:02 PM PDT
root@RkUnraidServer:~# date
Wed May  4 06:27:04 CEST 2022

That's really strange, it should basically match the timezone from the host, to change it to PDT create a Variable like this:

grafik.png.4747a88b6cfa5d5356a5166ce5269783.png

(I don't know where you are exactly but America/Los_Angeles should do the job fine if you want to change it to PDT)

Hi,

i have installed Debian Bullseye and want to run FHEM 6.1 but the cmd gives the error.

Systemd as init system is not booted.

Is there a chance to fix this?

root@7a29a4adf6ce:/debian/Downloads#     dpkg -i fhem-6.1.deb
(Reading database ... 48520 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack fhem-6.1.deb ...
System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.
Failed to connect to bus: Host is down
dpkg: warning: old fhem package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing archive fhem-6.1.deb (--install):
 new fhem package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 installed fhem package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 fhem-6.1.deb

BR

Phil

8 hours ago, horphi said:

i have installed Debian Bullseye and want to run FHEM 6.1 but the cmd gives the error.

Systemd isn't installed in the container because well it's a Docker container (however it would be maybe possible form what I know but I'm sure that you will run into other limitations from Docker itself).

I would recommend that you install FHEM in a VM.

I actually don't know but maybe there is already a Docker container for FHEM out there?

On 4/25/2021 at 7:35 PM, ich777 said:

Things have changed a little bit since I'm switched to TurboVNC.

Please be sure to create the password first inside the container, to do that open up a terminal from the container (click on the container icon and on 'Console' then type in the following:

1. su $USER
  2. vncpasswd
  3. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD TWO TIMES AND PRESS ENTER

After that close the terminal and edit the template and create a variable with the Key: 'TURBOVNC_PARAMS' and leave it empty like in this example:

grafik.thumb.png.e031fd7098ecbae738f8e4ec2e3f392a.png

Click on 'Apply' and connect again to the noVNC WebGUI, you should now be greeted with a password. :)

was this canged?
i get an Error message when i try to create an Password inside the terminal
saying: "Cannot write password file /root/.vnc/passwd"
Even as superuser 

52 minutes ago, lhw1221 said:

was this canged?
i get an Error message when i try to create an Password inside the terminal
saying: "Cannot write password file /root/.vnc/passwd"
Even as superuser 

Can you please share your exact steps that you did?

Hello,

Thanks for the luckyBackup container, got it up and running a couple of days ago and its working great. I want to password protect VNC and followed the sticky in this thread. I got it working if the variable "Run as root user" set to false. But when I change the "Run as root user" to true the container goes into a boot loop. Only way to fix it is to set the "Run as root user" back to false. Is it possible to password protect VNC when "Run as root user" is set to true?

8 hours ago, storhob21 said:

Only way to fix it is to set the "Run as root user" back to false. Is it possible to password protect VNC when "Run as root user" is set to true?

I have to look into this but this should no issue whatsoever.

Give me a bit since I'm currently fighting with a pretty bad cold...

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please share your exact steps that you did?

as folowing:

1. i open an termninal by klicking the container directly in the Unraid WebGUI

2. going superuser perr su

3. i put " vncpasswd " into the terminal
4. the system request my password
5. i enter it and confirm it

6. then i get "Cannot write password file /root/.vnc/passwd"

Wher did i went wrong ?